Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Update #5: $450k raised, three more stretch goals unlocked

m_s0

Arcane
Again, if you don't like that NPC you don't ever have to talk to them or use them. What is the problem?
A shitty exploitative npc designed exclusively to separate neckbeards from their money (stopping at a portrait would've been very dumb and a huge wasted opportunity on their part) taking the place of a potentially good/bearable npc that's in the game for creative reasons. It's not a given, but I'd take the risk of not pimping Felicia Day in Shadowrun any day.

Wizfall

Cipher
HBS can put whoever they like in the game, i don't care at all since it would only be a "voiceless" portrait.
I would like much better a stealth system implementation over Astral Plane implementation.

At default it would be cool to implement a general "thief" skill grouping lockpicking /alarm disarm/pickpocket, the purpose of it not to put locked containers all around but allowing to do things another way time to time and for "atmosphere".
The skill would not be created to be often/systemically used (so unike in BG, W2 or Fallout games) but more like a very useful Etiquette.

I don't have the exact number but i believe the Kickstarter made less than 50k yesterday, i don't think the campaign will get more than 20k/day in the next few days, the Matrix is still far away IMO.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Reminder that DMS has Chris fucking Kluwe in it, you guise can deal.

naossano

Cipher
A shitty exploitative npc designed exclusively to separate neckbeards from their money (stopping at a portrait would've been very dumb and a huge wasted opportunity on their part) taking the place of a potentially good/bearable npc that's in the game for creative reasons. It's not a given, but I'd take the risk of not pimping Felicia Day in Shadowrun any day.

This remind me of JA:F. 99,9 % of the named NPC bring nothing and barely have a floating line. Probably backers names or nicknames.
The backer might be happy, but has a player, it feels confusing to have so many useless name to click on.
I rather have nameless NPC surprising you with good lines/quests, like TW1, than names useless NPC.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Who cares if this talentless idiot is made an optional npc. Bring on the neckbeard and manchildren dorito so I can have my matrix and stealth stretch goals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeepOcean

Arcane
HBS can put whoever they like in the game, i don't care at all since it would only be a "voiceless" portrait.
I would like much better a stealth system implementation over Astral Plane implementation.

At default it would be cool to implement a general "thief" skill grouping lockpicking /alarm disarm/pickpocket, the purpose of it not to put locked containers all around but allowing to do things another way time to time and for "atmosphere".
The skill would not be created to be often/systemically used (so unike in BG, W2 or Fallout games) but more like a very useful Etiquette.

I don't have the exact number but i believe the Kickstarter made less than 50k yesterday, i don't think the campaign will get more than 20k/day in the next few days, the Matrix is still far away IMO.
Still, if they get 20000 a day on 20 days, that is 400.000, with the last few days generating something like 200.000 to 300.000, one million is almost guarantee. If they place stealth close to the one million mark, there is a big chance of it being added.

deuxhero

Arcane
Before you think of contributing and while there is time to pull out, this is DEFINITELY going to be mismanaged. They're pulling a Mighty Number 9 before the funding even finishes!
(not my screenshot)
XdfYrb2.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh god. :facepalm:

Have I mentioned that Harebrained Schemes suck at PR?

Athelas

Arcane
inb4 Gamergate ends up causing another decade of Decline and stagnation of the cRPG genre

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
HBS tweeted some stuff with the GG hashtag. Then got called out on that and responded stupidly. And now people are misrepresenting that as them somehow hating GG. Welcome to the age of misinformation. And apparantly of dumbfuck retards with an agenda trying to push it on random devs.

Anyway, back to Dragonfall.

Disgruntled

Savant
Would be nice if the developers ignored them altogether instead of picking sides. Id retweet transhumanists before any of these random agenda driven z grade celebs, at least keep it with the theme of the game.

almondblight

Arcane
Still, if they get 20000 a day on 20 days, that is 400.000, with the last few days generating something like 200.000 to 300.000, one million is almost guarantee. If they place stealth close to the one million mark, there is a big chance of it being added.

Seriously doubt they're going to get $20k a day for the lull period. Probably more like $5k or $6k, hitting the matrix goal at the beginning of the end push (and then probably a flurry of goals after that, like during the first few days of launch).

Edit: Though maybe a bit better, since the fifth day should already be mostly in to the lull season and they're going to pull in over $20k. At least the trajectories looking a bit better than Torment right now.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
HBS Supports Gamers!
Someone recently tweeted support of our Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter campaign, using the Gamer Gate hashtag. We “Favorited” and ReTweeted the message, noticed the Gamer Gate hashtag and UNretweeted it, leaving the “Favorite” to show our appreciation for the positive comment.

The UnRetweet caused concern in our audience. It also caused some to infer that we do not support Gamer Gate supporters. With this in mind, we feel it’s important to state for the record that we fully support women in gaming and believe in integrity in journalism which, as we understand it, were the original ideals of Gamer Gate. We absolutely support all gamers who share our belief in these ideals.

As far as we can tell, the current state of Gamer Gate is fractured into different groups with different beliefs, some of whom act against the whole. This subgroup, who also use the Gamer Gate hashtag, perverts the original intent through harassment and manipulation. That is why we UnRetweeted it.

To all of you who support Forwarding Women in Gaming and Integrity in Journalism, we salute you and we support you. Although we believe in these causes too, we cannot convey our support for the Gamer Gate hashtag as that hashtag also represents those who do harm.

We sincerely apologize for this misunderstanding in our intent, and hope you better understand our reasoning.

– HBS

:deadhorse:

Diablo169

Arcane
Those bastards perverted the integrity of the hashtag! Do people posting about this stuff not take a step back and think, holy fuck this is some retarded shit.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That is by far the most reasonable and diplomatic stance I've seen anyone take of GG. So kudos to them not over-reacting one way or the other.

Hopefully we can go back to complaining about a Felicia Day portrait now.

naossano

Cipher
So, basically, their way of apologizing is a bold confirmation that they don't like those guys. (even if they like the idea behind them)

They need to take apologies training from Full Control.

Blackstaff

Arbiter
From the KS :

Mitch again. Welcome to the new folk! Oh, and check out the new reward graphic on the main page for clarification of a question.

Mostly we're here to clarify stuff and listen to you discuss comments and suggestions. If you want to ask us a question directly, say HEY HBS! at the top of your comment so we can parse them better. Thankee!

Some quick answers:

New reward graphic on the main page!

>>>open-sourcing the editor
Yes, we considered that. It takes time to do that, though, and everyone’s on deadlines right now. We’ll have another chat about it soon.

>>>Does the Racter figurine come with Koschei as well?
Yup!

>>>when would I get the old games in the shadowrunner tier
You’ll get links to these within the next couple of months. We just need to get the KS rewards software package in place and get everyone entered into it.

>>>selling equipment
Not on our current features list.

>>>new spells
Yup! I refer you to our first funding goal -- $100,000 - Enhanced Player Controls! In addition to all the new Tech, Magic, Weapons, Consumables, Creatures, and Enemies we're already planning

@sMash (and others with suggetions)
Just want to make sure y’all know that the design team reads the comments page and sees your suggestions. I’m not going to reply to any of them but we’re listening!

>>>romance
There are no romances in SR:HK.

>>>pathing
Your crew should not move in combat without your control. Am I missing something?

@LordW - have you tried the combat in the Director’s Cut?

>>>clothes
Did you know you can buy outfits from vendors in the game?

Later!
Mitch

====> >>>romance
There are no romances in SR:HK.

:kwafuckyeah:

deuxhero

Arcane
naossano

Pretty much. Everything after "ideals" (which any competent person would have cut all the following stuff and just said "we don't like to promote unrelated hashtags on our official feed, sorry") says this is a "sorry we were caught". The way they replied to the guy is VERY incriminating.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom