Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter is LIVE

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I want to back, but 15$ right now is 3 times more the price it'll cost in RU-Steam. And the currency grows, so it can be more by the end of campaign, I'll wait and probably it will end by :keepmyjewgold:

Anyway, Fuck Putin and his friends.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Already backed on kickstarter but I'll contribute to the codex fundraiser as well before the month is out.

Disgruntled

Savant
A testament to how good Dragonfall was and the expectations it raised, Im actually a little underwhelmed by this kickstarter. More or less the funding goals amount to another short-ish campaign with some minor improvements to the game.
Id rather they tied the knot on Hong Kong and diverted any surplus towards a full fledged 60+ hour standalone. 700k+ grand to get basically the same product with a few extra perks is not really worth it imo.

Outside of that, ill definitely purchase and play.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's a safe bet that one of those will be the one million stretch goals, announced in a few days, when the funding will approach the end of the new batch. My guess is astral plane, which is much easier to sell as a stretchgoal than stealth, which doesn't have the same pizazz.

Turns out it's Matrix at 700k :P

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So how is the matrix different in the pen and paper?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Visually it looks pretty much the same, Sculpted Reality systems notwithstanding. Going for the covers of the SR2 and SR3 matrix supplements:

Matrix%20Cover.jpg

51ZXP06NAXL.jpg

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A testament to how good Dragonfall was and the expectations it raised, Im actually a little underwhelmed by this kickstarter. More or less the funding goals amount to another short-ish campaign with some minor improvements to the game.
Id rather they tied the knot on Hong Kong and diverted any surplus towards a full fledged 60+ hour standalone. 700k+ grand to get basically the same product with a few extra perks is not really worth it imo.

Outside of that, ill definitely purchase and play.
I loved Dragonfall, so if they give me a new chapter in the same cool engine, with slight improvements, I would buy these 12 hours stories for 15 bucks for a dozen times. I don't need them to reinvent the wheel as long as they produce a good rpg.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
We'll also add cyberweapons that you can install into your characters' arm slots, complete with new animations and visual effects.

Hermetic mages and physical adepts will gain access to Foci

UGUU~ :desu:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Glad to see this so successful.

I will probably not be backing this. Not because I do not like it, or HBS did something wrong, but because I did not yet have time to play through Dead Man's Switch, let alone Dragonfall, so buying yet another game just to throw it into the 'Unplayed' pile is completely pointless. I would still consider backing just to show my support, but it does not seem like they need much help at this point.

I hope the KS money and profits from Hong Kong let them make even more campaigns in the future, because I will get to them eventually, and enjoy them (I like what I played of DMS), especially if they keep getting better.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They have reached the $300,000 stretch goal, though it seems that nobody at HBS is awake to update the image.

Durante

Learned
Patron
Not sure what I feel about the cyber stuff. It's a nice balance feature, but it's a little far away from the pen and paper and I don't really see the logic behind it...
What do you mean? I'm pretty sure my PnP Shadowrun character back in the 90s used Cyberweapons. IIRC there were even some pretty silly ones like an eye gun.

Right.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
:takemymoney:

Good stuff! I think they timed the Kickstarter pretty well, it's doing much better than I expected. Personally, I enjoyed both of the previous campaigns well enough - and since they seem to be moving in the right direction, I'm happy to take out my credstick.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I approve of these conservative stretch goals. Looks like HBS learned a harsh-but-extremely-valuable lesson from the excessive promises of the first Kickstarter campaign. I hope Obsidian learned a similar lesson.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
naossano confirmed for an alt of Jaesun.

Keep your thread-merging tendencies to yourself. If the number of SR Threads becomes too much to manage, add a shadowrun subforum to GRPGD.

The WL2 forum has served its purpose and can be safely retired if we wan tto keep the # of subforums down.

naossano

Cipher

Blackstaff

Arbiter
What do you mean? I'm pretty sure my PnP Shadowrun character back in the 90s used Cyberweapons. IIRC there were even some pretty silly ones like an eye gun.

Right.

Yeah, I know. I wasn't speaking about the cyberweapons, I was speaking about the new cyberskill. I fail to see how you can train your cyberimplants to be more efficient :mrfussy:

Then again, it's just a game and there wasn't any cybermarking ability in the pen and paper game too. So just forget my nitpicking. You gonna balance the game the way you need it :terrorist:

Durante

Learned
Patron
I see what you mean now. I guess you can argue that you can get better at using them effectively

Tytus

Arcane
I see what you mean now. I guess you can argue that you can get better at using them effectively

Yeah, when you get Cyber arms, you need to get used to them and learn what you can do with them. If one RPG you can get better at fist fighting becasue you are getting to know your body, your boundries and you learn what not to do. Why not the same with cyber implants?

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
I loved Dragonfall, so if they give me a new chapter in the same cool engine, with slight improvements, I would buy these 12 hours stories for 15 bucks for a dozen times. I don't need them to reinvent the wheel as long as they produce a good rpg.

Indeed. Constantly trying to fix what isn't broken is part of what led to the fall

Athelas

Arcane
That analogy doesn't make sense. Nothing was broken, the thing in question just had limited functionality.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
That analogy doesn't make sense. Nothing was broken, the thing in question just had limited functionality.

Is this directed at me? I didn't make an analogy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom