Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition

naossano

Cipher
Heh, the Codex reference was p. awesome, have to give em' that.

Anyway, is there any way to circumvent all the walls of text and get the companion side quests ASAP if i decide to make another run? Maybe some sort of mod that places them in journal?

Talk only to the companions then. (and read every incoming email + talk with Kindly and the people she tasks you to talk to)
From what i got so far, hub dialog with anyone else, except maybe the girl that investigate dreams, are flavor texts.
Take them if you want, but if you don't, there shouldn't be any issue.
Some mention that you can get some karma points but many say the game is too easy so those karma points aren't really needed.
So in the end, read them only if you enjoy them.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Patch 3.0.7 out.

Resolved issue that prevented Gobbet’s Steal Spirit and Consume Spirit abilities from targeting Free Spirits.
That comes a bit late. I bet her acid fog still doesn't cause AP damage.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
http://steamcommunity.com/games/346940/announcements/detail/734443296942043257

New Features, Improvements
  • Added new Standing Water Electricity VFX.

Core/Engine Bug Fixes
  • Resolve issue that caused Duncan’s weapon models to stop displaying after using Subdue ability.
  • Resolved issue that caused Armor value to fail to update is some cases.
  • Resolved issue that caused Cyberweapons to be equipped to Matrix Personas.
  • Resolved issue that caused Duncan’s Beanbag shot ability to display incorrectly.
  • Resolved issue that caused incorrect items to be equipped after sending loaned items to the stash during item pickup.
  • Resolved issue that caused incorrect save data to be displayed in some cases.
  • Resolved issue that caused item duplication on item pickups under specific conditions.
  • Resolved issue that caused Move and Attack to not use ammo.
  • Resolved issue that caused multi tile actors to take additional damage from tile based AoEs.
  • Resolved issue that caused OSX Editor to crash when using the “Toggle Overdraw” command.
  • Resolved issue that caused Player preview model to fail to update in the equip screen in some cases.
  • Resolved issue that caused Proximity Mines to explode before actors entered the AoE.
  • Resolved issue that caused Screen Labels to display incorrectly after performing a save and load.
  • Resolved issue that caused some weapon abilities to not share cooldown across same weapon types.
  • Resolved issue that caused Team Item transfer screen to open without a team present.
  • Resolved issue that caused Toggled Turn Mode timer to display when Players had LoS to hostile actors.
  • Resolved issue that caused Totem Selection screen to display incorrectly.
  • Resolved issue that could cause Achievement “I feel Great!” to unlock incorrectly.
  • Resolved issue that could cause Karma Spend screen to display incorrectly for some resolutions.
  • Resolved issue that could cause unexpected behaviour when turm mode transitioned from Combat to Free move.
  • Resolved issue that could cause unexpected behaviour while clicking and dragging with right or middle clicks in item equip and transfer screens.
  • Resolved issue that prevented Gobbet’s Steal Spirit and Consume Spirit abilities from targeting Free Spirits.
  • Resolved issue that prevented Is0bel’s Grenade launcher from targeting tiles.
  • Resolved issue that prevented some VFX and other LoS visuals to not appear until after the
  • Player moves.
  • Resolved issue that prevented use of Doc-Wagons in Freemove in some cases.
  • Minor UI tweaks and bug fixes.
  • Minor VFX and animation polish and bug fixes.

Content Bug Fixes
  • Electrified puddles in The Sinking Ship mission.
  • Resolved issue that caused AI Shaman from summoning hostile spirits in several missions.
  • Resolved issue that caused conversation to trigger incorrectly in the City of Death mission.
  • Resolved issue that caused duplicated dialogue options to be displayed in Aftermath mission.
  • Resolved issue that caused Gobbet to be in conversations while she is not present in Heoi in some cases.
  • Resolved issue that caused music to stop unexpectedly in The Extraction mission.
  • Resolved issue that caused Player to receive incorrect Nuyen from The Dig paydata.
  • Resolved issue that caused some bound spirits to have incorrect item prerequisites.
  • Resolved issue that caused some IC to have the incorrect model in the Prosperity Tower mission.
  • Resolved issue that caused The Sinking Ship mission to end prematurely under specific conditions.
  • Resolved issue that could cause hostile actors to take multiple combat turns before Player in the City of Death mission.
  • Resolved issue that could cause players to fail to trigger hostile fight in the City of Death mission.
  • Resolved issue that could cause some hostile actors to act incorrectly in The Fortune Engine mission.
  • Resolved issue that prevented some guards from going hostile when attacked in the Prosperity Tower mission.
  • Resolved issues that prevented some skill checks in Deckcon 2056 mission to be passed as expected.
  • Minor typo and bug fixes.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am still playing it slowly and after Ares run I have to say I hate new Matrix. Why HBS, why?!?!

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Yeah, it's absolutely dreadful. It should be either modded out entirely and substituted with mere decker skill checks or made the way it was in previous games. I can barely stomach the point and click ''stealth'' shit, but no way in hell i'm going to play that stupid mini game. Worst one i ever encountered.

Unrelated question - which skill determines how many squares one can move in one turn? My char has quickness 9 (with bioware bonuses) and i'm pretty sure he moves a lot slower than Gaichu, who has it only 5.

And where's download link to the patch? I see only change log on that page.

Oh and one more thing. Duncan's ''subdue'' skill never works. It always says ''not enough AP'' even when it's obviously false. Is it a bug?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
I see no difference between old and new matrix. Both are boring meatspace with different textures.
Unrelated question - which skill determines how many squares one can move in one turn? My char has quickness 9 (with bioware bonuses) and i'm pretty sure he moves a lot slower than Gaichu, who has it only 5.
Base movement speed is identical for every character (6 squares) and you can increase it by cyber, drugs etc. Gaichu has +1 because he's infected (you can check his bonuses in cyberware menu).
Oh and one more thing. Duncan's ''subdue'' skill never works. It always says ''not enough AP'' even when it's obviously false. Is it a bug?
It worked for me, maybe latest patch breaks it.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Gaichu has a lot of movement bonuses from being a ghoul. That actually is one of his main advantages as a melee expert over Koeschi.

What determines your movement is your move bonus. The easiest way to improve it is taking Adept for Stride (+2) and Wired Reflexes for another +1 or +2, I forget which.

Duncan's subdue is fine. You need to knock the opponent unconscious, and then Duncan has to move within melee range (1 AP) and then use the skill (another 1 AP). This is why it works best with either his karate chop or with his pig stick, since he will be in melee range then.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Thx for explaining.
Ok, i guess i tried to click the subdue straight from the place i was standing instead of moving within one square first. Didn't know that.

As for matrix, yeah, it was pointless in previous games too, but now it's also annoying. I discovered good way to avoid its tedium though. Just let the alarms go off right away and kill all the ICs and whatever, while standing near the jack-in point so that if things get too hot i can jack-out/jack-in for full health once in a while. It also means that you don't have to hack/force data hubs, you just shoot them down. Only downside is if you want to be descrete and not attract real life security like in the Ares building. Fuck discreteness though.

Anyway, is the new patch only downloadable from steam? I can't find a link to 3.0.7. Really need that one, because i chose the broken ''control spirit'' for Gobbet.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Goddamn minigun. What is it good for? Duncan can't hit a wall of the barn with it. 5k nuyen i could've spent for much more useful things, like additional cyberware.:mad:

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
It's a goddamn minigun. It ought to be awesome. He doesn't receive that as an upgrade, does he? How could i know it sucks so hard? And my protag has all the weapons and armor he needs anyway. Only couple of additional cyber/bio warez might have been handy at this point.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
You loot an steyr aug with tracer rounds in one of the final missions too. Wasted money :M

Anyway, is the new patch only downloadable from steam? I can't find a link to 3.0.7. Really need that one, because i chose the broken ''control spirit'' for Gobbet.
Funny thing about that spell, it seems to have broken in a different way. I stole a conjurer's spirit and the conjurer also became an (AI controlled) ally.

Anyway if you already did the Wuxing run it's p. worthless. And her acid fog is still broken, no AP damage being dealt.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I actually managed to steal spirit in the plastic man mission for some reason, while the spell didn't work at Wuxin.
Whats is even more funny in this kind of way - :hahano: - is that now, back to Heoi i found out that minigun has disappeared from the stash.:MWill take a liberty and add nuyen via console to satisfy my purchasing needs now and wont feel guilty at all. It's wrong, when you have to read walkthrough/guide before playing the game just to avoid ''wrong'' decisions that are caused by bugs or lack of prior knowledge.

Anyhow, the question still stands - is the patch yet another ''steam only'' luxury?

edit: is there a way to remove janitor clothes in Prosperity Tower?

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
You can do Prosperity Tower without the janitor suits if you go through the front door, Neo style. The janitor option is better for creeping around (it changes the dialogue options), and it also lets you pick up 2 extra karma points as well.

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I did it third way after reloading (imma no janitor, bioootch). Had enough CHA to convince enforcer in the basement and Shadowrunner etiquette to get past the 26th reception. Further ahead i took one more CHA to have Security and after that it's grinding meat anyway.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
You can use security etiquette to pretend to be knight-errant consulting and get past security, however the options disappear if you wear the janitor uniforms which is cool but you cannot unwear the uniforms which is not cool.

If you wanna stealth through it all you will need academic and corporate too though.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I didn't want to stealth through it (there's not enough combat in HK even with violent approach), just didn't want to wade through the whole building to get to lab12. TBH, i just want the game to end. My least favorite of the three shadowrun games at this point.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I ended up forced to go violent, but the combat in prosper tower is so bad. The more you can avoid the better, all it does is waste your time.

Gameplay-wise it is my least favourite of the three too.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
My short review.

+ retained the same atmosphere and obviously good understanding of Shadowrun lore through out the game (even though these games are my first experience of this mythology - i believe that writer/s knew their shadows.
+ the overall premise of the main story is eerie. It invokes an atmosphere of dread and builds up nicely
+ final area (Walled City) was indeed what i would expect from slums turned into demonic twilight zone (except combat with the boss, of course)
+ better combat than the vanilla games of previous. (haven't played DF:DC yet)

- too much filler dialogues, even though i like the writing
- too much TEXT, goddamit
- too little COMBAT, goddamit
- no challenge in combat in any of the missions, including the final one - the fight with Yama queen was underwhelming as i barely got a scratch playing on ''hard''
- too much goddamn filler narrative that goes nowhere and isn't really THAT good to warrant me spending 2/3th of the game reading that shit. cannot overstate this
- loading times. r u srys? this game graphically is is on the same level Arcanum or Fallout was. Having to wait 2 minutes for the scene of 3 tiny rooms to load is obviously a sign of shitty programming

All in all, good game that i will never replay again.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Finally got around to playing Hong Kong since WL2 is borked. I'm really not a fan of this new Matrix gameplay.:/ Hate the minigame.
If it's any consolation, matrix combat is the same shit so at least you're avoiding that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom