Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Saves aren't cross-compatible from the original? Yay, now I have to start over.

:negative:
Huh? They are, at least they worked here.
I just started over because I wanted to replay the initial part of the game and see the difference.
No, saves from original DF should not work with DF:DC and HBS recommends starting a new game because of all the differences.

dryan

Arcane
Saves aren't cross-compatible from the original? Yay, now I have to start over.

:negative:
Huh? They are, at least they worked here.
I just started over because I wanted to replay the initial part of the game and see the difference.
No, saves from original DF should not work with DF:DC and HBS recommends starting a new game because of all the differences.
I completely misread his original post. I'm dumb. Anyway, sea, just start over. It's a pretty good game and it's harder now.

Has the humble store version been updated yet? I just downloaded and started playing and if there is a way to check game version I don't see it. There's nothing in the game, there isn't a single fucking txt file anywhere, nothing.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Hmm, I'm not seeing my Dragonfall saves showing up in the menu.

Thats because you are playing pirated version.
library.jpg

I am?

lol, i was just having fun with you, you didnt need to go to all that trouble. I assume the blacked out line is for Torment?

:excellent:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
I thought it listed the game version when you go to the options?

GoG is still at 2.03 goddammit.

Actually, I wonder if the 2.03 patch on GoG is the same as the 2.05 patch at Steam? Why can't HBS put up a note on their forums or blog?

Last edited:

dryan

Arcane
Has the humble store version been updated yet? I just downloaded and started playing and if there is a way to check game version I don't see it. There's nothing in the game, there isn't a single fucking txt file anywhere, nothing.
You can check version number in the ESC menu.

dryan

Arcane
Shit, it's still 2.0 then.
If you're going to play 2.0, you can do it like when Dead Man Switch campaign was just released, when you had no saves and every mission was a checkpoint. If you do it that way, the hit chance bug won't stack against you.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Not really related to DC per say, but to DF plot in general.
How many of you decided to the feruwshingewhateverdragon to live and why? This is solely storyfag question. I never even considered letting her out. Especially given her responses in human form. And to be honest, i would gladly side with Vauclair if there was a given choice.
What say you, Codex?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zetor

Arcane
I think this was discussed earlier,
but if you talk with the talismonger and his 'assistant', you may or may not learn a few things that may motivate you to release her.

You can side with Vauclair in the DC, by the way... it has its own playable ~15min ending, too. I highly recommend it. /smug

Last edited by a moderator:

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Ok, now i remember who you are talking about. (the same dude that sells you magic items in DMS) But the guy is in Kreuzbazaar. I have talked to him several times and he never gave any plot specific hints whatsoever. He just keeps his criptic rambling about nothing. Obviously you can't speak with him within the final mission so what is your point. Spoil me, plz. (get it in tags ofcous)

dryan

Arcane
Ok, now i remember who you are talking about. But the guy is in Kreuzbazaar. I have talked to him several times and he never gave any plot specific hints whatsoever. He just keeps his criptic rambling about nothing. Obviously you can't speak with him within the final mission so what is your point. Spoil me, plz. (get in in tags ofcous)
It's pretty much what Zetor suggested, but IIRC, you can only get that info after the final fight, so it doesn't affect your decision on your first playthrough.

Basically dragons keep the world safe from some other threat. Feuerschwinge particularly is a radical environmentalist. Aljernon and his assistant get passive aggressive at you if you kill her.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
How do i get Ajernon's reaction in the end game?

As for dragons. I never saw them as benevolent and friendly to human kind. Yes, they side with us in DMS to prevent the bugs taking over the world, because that would damage their own interests, but otherwise they seem utterly cynical and arrogant towards ''human/metahuman'' race. Tell me one reason from human perspective for not wanting them dead as species?

dryan

Arcane
How do i get Ajernon's reaction in the end game?
Just go talk to him in Kreuzbasar. I believe he even stands outside his shop after the final fight.

As for dragons. I never saw them as benevolent and friendly to human kind. Yes, they side with us in DMS to prevent the bugs taking over the world, because that would damage their own interests, but otherwise they seem utterly cynical and arrogant towards ''human/metahuman'' race.
I didn't get benevolent from that either. More like ruthless keepers of their pets.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
As for dragons. I never saw them as benevolent and friendly to human kind. Yes, they side with us in DMS to prevent the bugs taking over the world, because that would damage their own interests, but otherwise they seem utterly cynical and arrogant towards ''human/metahuman'' race.
they are good by comparison to the other stuff that is out there, (most noticeably the horrors from earthdawn) since despite being ginormous near-godlike dickwads, they are still somewhat metahuman in their motivations and needs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom