Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Seven Days of Herping and Derping In Space: Let's Play TOR!

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
After finishing the trial, I spent awhile playing around with new Champions on rotation in League of Legends, desperately trying to ignore the 750+ mb of of pictures in my Fraps folder. There's a lot of sorting, tossing out duplicates and editing in my future. But I guess it can't be avoided forever. As a bonus, you get two entries for the price of one!

Alright chums, let's do this.

8SRW3.jpg

"Like the dreams of a million Talimancers, our logo has burst into flames."

cXLT3.jpg

7Om7U.jpg

"We'll be doing this long after most of you are dead. Go ahead, enjoy your mockery."

The Intro

-Smuggler=Cowboys in SPAAAAAaccccccccceeee

-Gone for a millenia, and the Zabrak Jedi *still* knows exactly who's jumped onto their doorstep. Crazy leap of logic or bullshit Force precog?

-I'd laugh at Empire troops being just as haphazard as ever when it comes to aim, but I'm about to join their ranks.:decline:

-3500 years before Luke and Vader, or maybe 20 years before the Clone Wars in an alternate reality? I get wanting it to look similar to the films for people unfamiliar with the expanded universe, but FFS they have droidekas minus the force fields. The trooper is in Clone armor, etc.

-Those double-bladed sabers still look ungainly as ever. Guess you need a partner to cover your ass when you use one.

-And it's even worse when part of a dual wielding scenario.

-Sith retirement plan sucks.

FKeeY.jpg

PvE? Pfft.

8AuOs.jpg

I believe we've found our server.

MA7D5.jpg

DuyTZ.jpg

WE ARE WAR, WE DO NO HAVE TIME FOR YOUR SECOND GUESSING SOLDIER! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, CRY HOME TO YOUR MOMMA AND SIGN UP WITH THOSE FAGS AT STARFLEET!

tLskt.jpg

Speaking of bloated, namby pamby organizations...

BUFEa.jpg

:bro:

Which leads into the Sith intro;

28 years of war after their reemergence, the Sith sack the capital of the Republic, Coruscant, and force a cease-fire. The Jedi get blamed, they don't take it well and run off to Tython to sulk.

oPma4.jpg

Could kill you with a spork, but prefers thermal detonators.

wpjhq.jpg

enUGK.jpg

Only level 10? Huh, guess I will get to play around with one of the Spec classes.

Loaj6.jpg

YPWTV.jpg

I was kind of expecting the Cyborg to be more...Gunther Hermann. This is clearly a JC.

X6Tk1.jpg

Mb0aa.jpg
My vision is augme-

Yes, yes I know the joke.

Yx5Nq.jpg

I think you need some good ol' fashioned space steroids, son.

28PR0.jpg

...maybe that was a bit too much.

Rt2TA.jpg

Now you're just being silly.

pGRNV.jpg

Yeah, this is more like it. He looks like a government spook, yet cultured and unlikely to snap and burn down a spaceport.

XeRbb.jpg

T'was going to name him Caius, but someone had beaten me to it. Still, our favorite fake Skooma addict got his tribute.

EGCTY.jpg

fFg95.jpg

liZtl.jpg

Q7bZX.jpg

O4nfH.jpg

Remember when this was still novel? Yeah, me neither.

pgx2K.jpg

UkSFW.jpg

Welcome to Hutta, adopted home world of the Hutts. The moon to the left is Nar Shaddaa.

jESfY.jpg

"Glorious jewel" my ass.

2ZeAn.jpg

nxoaQ.jpg

8xQty.jpg

gUZUR.jpg

QBpd0.jpg

4JG3i.jpg

ubQUJ.jpg

Wait for it, wait for it-

dLHVz.jpg

He really should have known better.

HURcL.jpg

Nope, no one's looking. Feel free to duck into an alcove.

sNW9s.jpg

qndKD.jpg

No, we're not talking to a wall. For awhile I honestly thought that due to this being a black op, communication was restricted to an audio-only transceiver, and not the blaring obvious holo technology. Wasn't till much later that I realized one of the client's settings doesn't play nice with my card. Gave Bioware too much credit.

mwXMs.jpg

Sith Empire= Imperialist Britain with high tech and even fewer moral qualms. Take the first posh, controlled yet slightly condescending english accent that pops into your head, and you've got Cosades.

Oh, and from now on I'll be posting the number I pick next to the resulting dialogue.

ekUwT.jpg
Don't get cute, and don't waste my time. You're here to work. You were chosen for this operation because of your exemplary performance during training. Imperial intelligence needs agents capable of working independently in the field.

SpepE.jpg

0CGFG.jpg
(2) Give me background. What are we working from?

ekUwT.jpg
Jiguuna is an industrial town, and Nem'ro runs most of the industry. The Hutt plies weapons, drugs and raw materials--but not to us.

1zaa1.jpg

0CGFG.jpg
(3) And I'm your means of making that happen.

ekUwT.jpg
That's correct, agent.
We need to know what Nem'ro and his advisors are thinking before we can act. I want you to obtain access to the Nem'ro clan's inner circle.

u7hef.jpg

0CGFG.jpg
(1) How do I find him?

jNtR6.jpg

0CGFG.jpg
(1) Are we sure this contact is trustworthy?

ekUwT.jpg
Jheeg won't betray us; whether he succeeds at his assigned tasks is another matter. I'd be more concerned with the rest of the populace. Most of Jiguuna is caught up in a turf war. Some of the gangs involved belong to the Hutts; others are independent. Your combat training should see you through, but expect brutality and expect to be targeted. Jiguuna isn't friendly to strangers.

O9QiL.jpg

dJX8t.jpg

What a delightful man.

VHyQq.jpg

BaqST.jpg

yUW2q.jpg

One of the first things I do is turn off the alignment change indicators in conversations. We're talking to people, not navigating dark/light point totals.

np9Ff.jpg

As Cosades walks around, NPCs will have conversations you can listen to. This one's hard to miss, blocking the main path and all.

"You get those supplies the boss asked for?"

"Fa'athra's goons are out there puttin' holes in anything that moves! I'm not going anywhere!"

"This your first turf war? You want to get paid or not?"

"I want to keep breathing more."

"Breathing the air is as likely to kill you as Fa'athra's boys are. Buy a blaster, learn the routes through town. Just don't let the boss hear you dodging work because of a few gangsters."

So the chances of us getting to Jheeg peacefully are pretty much nil.

2lKwx.jpg

Alright, I heard you the first time.

mSQcU.jpg

How cute, the cut rate T3-M4 has its own generic Tri-Force. Let's see what it wants.

Bruw0.jpg

0CGFG.jpg
(2) You must be looking for someone else.

rEweL.jpg

Otlaj.jpg

KMPW7.jpg

54dq0.jpg

0CGFG.jpg
(1) I'll see what I can do.

If we're looking for an in with the old slug, it wouldn't hurt to do a bit of his dirty work.

2Q8Iv.jpg

waAN6.jpg

Sitting opposite the mouthy little trash can...

vmDou.jpg

viShw.jpg

0CGFG.jpg
(2) You make Hutta sound like such a wonderful place to be.

ojQFa.jpg

X1RcA.jpg

0fEj7.jpg

0CGFG.jpg
(2) Of course, there's always a catch.

F67db.jpg

Huttist!

IbBLj.jpg

xO2vX.jpg

0CGFG.jpg
(3) Some big, tough gangster you turned out to be.

mwwLI.jpg

j5Dpo.jpg

fkoWH.jpg

We don't really need him to help build up a reputation, seeing as we're here to co-opt someone else's. Not to mention this involves potentially fighting some of Nemro's own men if things go down wrong. Hardly the best way to start things off. Pass.

0CGFG.jpg
(3) I have more important things to do.

z9NeE.jpg

0CGFG.jpg
(3) I told you already, I have better things to do.

MARLs.jpg

00EeT.jpg

The rest of the rooms in the starting building are just fluff and a useless store.

EbKPj.jpg

Every time we hit a new area or meet someone important, Cosades gets a bit of XP and a new codex entry.

BPkyi.jpg

Ls3ZG.jpg

The Codex is already open, so let's see if there are any other entries.

mfTCI.jpg

So that's what he looks like. Y'know it's kinda weird...Keeper is most likely supposed to be reminiscent of the Grand Moffs, but I can't help but remember the control crew from the 'The Last Starfighter' instead.

ZcQ4I.jpg

4eqiA.jpg

After we've found some of this guy's friends, we can use speeders to zip around instead of backtracking on foot. Even at the beginning of the game, the credit amount paid is piddling. 10-20 at the most.

EbJ5a.jpg

Three things;

-Sure enough, as soon as we went a bit further along the path, the hordes appear. Little trash mobs all over the place.

-And what do you know, crates just left out in the open. In defense of the cover mechanic, at least its restricted to Agents and Smugglers, and optional. Though some of an Agent's abilities can only be used while hunkered down.

-Such as the one that called down an innocent little probe at the Fa'athra Gangster's feet.

kXl4P.jpg

And reacts explosively when you shoot it, which kills anything not a boss character at this point. Pretty fun to play around with.

nWzME.jpg

Though my other cover skill, Snipe, isn't too shabby either.

OF7dL.jpg

Here's a rundown of them. Rifle Shot is your basic spray-and-pray auto-attack. Something I didn't learn until much later is that TOR isn't like other MMO's when it comes to AA. If you remove Rifle Shot from the ability bar to free up room, your AA no longer works. You actually need to keep it there. Kind of backwards in design these days.

W74MB.jpg

Nothing special about Take Cover, it makes you do just that. Though I do like that when you toggle into it, the ability bar automatically shifts specialized skills to take precedent. It's not obvious now, but when my abilities start piling up, it become really handy.

5EwvJ.jpg

Combined with a certain AOE attack you get later on, Agents are pretty competent at keeping enemy groups corralled and off their feet.

XYvmg.jpg

Hold on a minute, got aggro'ed.

yT6f2.jpg

Bit austintatious for a black op, eh? Why not have a full blown Imperial March blow through the ruddy streets of Jiguuna every time I level?

FfZzu.jpg

Get enough of these things on a planet/location, and you can go to special vendors for items quite a bit better than the normal stuff. Each hub has its own commendations.

6vtWa.jpg

Anyway, Snipe is what I used to pop that thug's head like a zit awhile back. Much quicker cooldown than Explosive Probe.

MlZeX.jpg

An Agents' group buff, more useful later on when we're not by ourself. The only other occupied keys are a Quick Travel (seperate from the speedsters), and Recuperation.

HBcpQ.jpg

Phase locations are color-coded according to character type. If this store were something from the Sith Inquisitor storyline, the barrier would be red, and I wouldn't be able to pass.

lNJmS.jpg

I don't think that'll be an issue.

zOaFP.png

yeOiz.jpg

HdEik.jpg

0CGFG.jpg
(3) Talk fast, I don't want to be seen with you.

Qguns.jpg
Very fast, very good. You know the Red Blade? Small-time pirate. Rich. Mysterious. No one knows true species, gender, color.

K9GY2.jpg

The Red Blade has enough street cred that the mere rumor of him coming here can get Nem'ro's attention? Doesn't sound small time to me. And while no on knows his (or her) true appearance, people with names like that usually carry signature items or calling cards. This whole thing sounds shaky.

M2zGt.jpg

hoeWm.jpg

:3

ZrH8Q.jpg

0CGFG.jpg
(1) I'm not going to like this, am I?

Qguns.jpg
Very likely, no. Gang steals from docks. Dangerous men, unaware of us. Nem'ro's tribute taken. But I saw everything--I observed well, yes?

Nl2Ys.jpg

0CGFG.jpg
(1) Let's make this fast and quiet then.

Not going to bother asking about buying the gifts back, Cosades has nearly nothing at the moment, and it might attract attention from people who actually know the Blade. We'll just wipe out anyone involved.

Qguns.jpg
Gangsters are nearby--this is why we meet here. But advise significant caution. Targets are excellent shots. I will communicate plan to our handlers. Speak again once Nem'ro's tribute has been recovered.

jMWbf.jpg

MgKJk.jpg

Once outside, I decide to explore that suspiciously re-garrisoned building next door. In hindsight, a speeder probably wasn't the best form of cover when energy bolts are flying around.

Quvlv.jpg

But it did the trick. If dropped enemies have loot, their corpse does a little light show.

uF1oF.jpg

An alcove to the left contains a security chest you'll be seeing quite a bit more of while Cosades is still on Hutta. It refills regularly and typically contains a cache of credits and decent items. The force protecting it numbers about four, and at higher levels they die in one hit to even AA, so it takes no time at all to reach this thing and ruthlessly exploit it.

wpiCj.jpg

Speaking of better equipment...

T7oIZ.jpg

The guards do reappear quickly though. Becomes a nuisance.

5vVoU.jpg

Oh well.

X1aK6.jpg

When I bring up the map to look for something, I notice a new quest marker's appeared in the starter area and make the trek back. The exterior looks a lot more colorful now than it did in the beginning cutscene.

jk0mc.jpg

Well well. Guess she has something to say to me now. Also, I remembered the Cyborg's unique ability 'Scan' at this point and play around with it a bit.

xFrCh.jpg

Far as I can tell, it doesn't do anything besides producing lensflare and bad FX.

Forget Gunther or JC, I...I'm beginning to think I'm the equivalent of Jojo Fine. Decorative augmentation.

KXZvO.jpg

5OGCa.jpg

0CGFG.jpg
(3) To be fair, you do seem a touch...hostile.

pEOfz.jpg

5jYob.jpg

y6BMe.jpg
Dat Force Potential!

1Af1D.jpg

5kYBs.jpg

It's probably written somewhere that I'm obligated to direct Potentials towards a place they can be trained, but 'd like to have see the whole picture here. Only one way to do that.

0CGFG.jpg
(1) Let me go talk to him.

hnKZv.jpg

XWYSq.jpg

z0axT.jpg

And since he trained trained to be a Sith once upon a time, I understand why even someone as driven as her decided not to be directly confrontational. She'd probably be in pieces on the tarmac.

If we don't want to end up the same way, this calls for a gentle touch.

wgy6l.jpg

But first, there's the matter of getting back all those opulent gifts meant for a fat, corrupt slug.

JiSaG.jpg

Not what I meant. Nice try though.

a7RXV.jpg

....moving along.

YrgwY.jpg

BZQTH.jpg

Looks like this is the place.

oz9F4.jpg

A guess immediately confirmed by half a dozen screen choking notices.

JtGl0.jpg

Plasteel Restraints belong to a category of items that are useful for nothing other than hawking wholesale to stores for a couple credits. Droids drop motivators and other parts, mercs drop blaster components, etc. If this were Star Wars Galaxies, there'd be professions for turning this stuff into new speedsters or other goods. But nobody would care, cause hey naked Twi'lek dance off by the Cantina!

Yes I do miss SWG. Why do you ask?

O34OH.jpg

Taller, thicker, much better armed and armored. He's a boss. Wonder if I can give him a good "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!" and make him back down?

vm3BS.jpg

The plasma bolt eating through Cosades' head says no.

Mb0aa.jpg
My skull has been au-

Shut it.

vS4Kx.jpg

The bigger they are, the higher the XP multiplier when they die.

fyW1h.jpg

eMcfv.jpg

You'd almost think they didn't want me coming back at a higher level to kill indiscriminately.

DjzKa.jpg

Whatever.

Vtf3j.jpg

This place has much better comps for return guests.

L2DJ8.jpg

"In the untamed wilds that is Jiguuna, the intrepid hunter stalks his oblivious prey, lurking in the bush and watching for the right time to strike!"

ANGx7.jpg

"Triumphant, the hunter tends to wounds while guarding the spoils of his kill."

YaNtO.jpg

Truthfully I just like the Recuperate animation the Agent has, and wanted to show it off. Far as I can tell a probe projects new information files for him to comb through while Kolto heals wounds. Better than a static crouching animation at least.

NPxwx.jpg

Qguns.jpg
All witnesses eliminated? Gifts recovered. I will examine.

7bG5F.jpg

0CGFG.jpg
What exactly are these "gifts"?

Qguns.jpg
Frivolous, expensive. Aurodium idols from Republic Royalty. Tarul wine from Naboo. Tomuan wool Hutt robes. I contacted Imperial handlers. As assured, yes? The call is arriving now.

TdBpi.jpg
Jheeg. From this point forward, operational security will be at a premium. You will not contact us from this terminal again.

6Dzn9.jpg

2IHBT.jpg

0CGFG.jpg
(2) Acknowledged and understood.

TdBpi.jpg
Your next task is to access Nem'ro's inner circle. Present yourself to the Hutt as a fellow gangster--The Red Blade--and offer him Jheeg's gifts.

laXN0.jpg

0CGFG.jpg
(2) If someone suspects me, what should I do?

TdBpi.jpg
Use your judgement--silence them or allay their suspicions, as appropriate. But keep this in mind; at this juncture, our primary goal is to find weaknesses in Nem'ro's organizations. Even if the Hutt won't join us, we might influence his lieutenants.

SSHn6.jpg

0CGFG.jpg
(1) In that case, I better watch my mouth.

TdBpi.jpg
I expect my ears can handle it, "Blade." Be careful what you say, and lose the accent. When you're in the Hutt palace, you're no longer an Imperial. Contact me from the cantina once Nem'ro has his "presents". Keeper out.

gghjS.jpg

VMXAM.jpg

That's great and all, but where are my new skills? Cosades want fancy tricks!

XAxRG.jpg

tE2k3.jpg

Hello combined AOE+Crowd Control. I think we're going to have a beautiful relationship. Now we just have to track down the elusive man who can teach us how to throw things at people, then stab the survivors with pointy objects.

8tooP.jpg

There you are you little bastard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom