Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Seven Days of Herping and Derping In Space: Let's Play TOR!

Long time no LP eh? In a better reality, you'd be tuning into my exciting playthrough somewhere in the middle of Way of the Samurai 2, dealing with that swirl-cheeked crazy samurai chick. While trying to forget Invisible War ever existed.

But in this one, you can only wonder what I've done with my life for the past year (not much), and then
blame Excidium for giving me access to a seven day trial account of-

Chapter 1: Hutta, "The Glorious Jewel" http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...space-lets-play-tor.70080/page-3#post-2028339

Chapter 2: Probes and Aliens, It's Not What You Think http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...space-lets-play-tor.70080/page-3#post-2028347

yqJOq.jpg

That's right, The Old Republic.

"But Genma", you cry, "what kind of world do we live in where Codexers play the very games they look down upon?"

Ha hah, seriously? Where have you been? Anyway, consider this limited engagement LP my stepping back onto the Codex Playground.

GGumx.jpg

Again, props to Excidium for landing me this.

gRDNm.jpg

C'mon, I can take it. How bad could the client download possibly be?

pjxAS.jpg

20+ gigs, that's how bad. Fortunately, I live in :patriot:so it'll only take long enough for me to ask you all an important question;

Who the hell are we? The Old Republic lets you choose from a number of different races (human, tattooed human, tentacled human, red human who looks like something from a GWAR concert, etc), and classes.

4RVFy.jpg

ydW4J.jpg

PE8VA.jpg

pSqCV.jpg

"The more things change, the more they stay the same", truer words words have never been spoken when it comes to the SWU. Doesn't matter if you're talking 300 years after Vader, or millenia before. There's the Republic in some form, and then an opposing force one horrible mustache away from being Space Nazies. Each faction has four of the eight classes. Let's meet them, shall we?

UjZno.jpg

6gEQG.jpg

8DE5H.jpg

1PoiJ.jpg

ZS9uJ.jpg

To summarize: The Republic is still a bloated, overly complex, corrupt institution filled with in-fighting and indecision.

rDd9u.jpg

Basically, a society of Thomas Jeffersons if he had a taste for sadism and throwing around Force Lightning. "We'll screw that inferiority right out of you!"

qA0rk.jpg

00pmd.jpg

4HcOn.jpg

jwDGD.jpg

So the Sith have their own Lich King, only this one is competent and has already more or less won by the time you come onto the scene. He's content to let his underlings kick you around a bit.

E9zVF.jpg

As you can see, this isn't Luke's 'New Coke' Jedi Order, but the classic formula. Complete with oppressive, time tested mantra prone to sending impressionable youths into the clutches of creepy old men in robes.

HCNS2.jpg

And you thought I meant Palpatine...

Xtn5o.jpg

Ebdxx.jpg

Whereas the Sith, their mantra sounds like some kind of abstract poem underneath a picture of Shepard and Vega spooning.

Xmvig.jpg

So that's it, that's the setup. Now it's up to you guys to tell me what race we are, and what class. This trial doesn't start until I hit the activation key, so we have a couple days for making up our minds. When it starts leaning toward particular classes, I'll post their holonet entries, containing default companions, elite professions and what ship they drive. Speak up you reprobates!

lightbane

Arcane
Voting for a Cyborg Imperial Agent, obviously :obviously:

Be careful to not be randomly banned for no reason :M

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sith Pureblood? Wasn't it established in every second loading screen blurb in KOTOR that true Sith died out thousands of years ago and that 'Sith' was now a way of life or an ideology rather than a race, like with the Joos(yes the Joos still like to pretend they are pure and shit, but we know better)?

Go with Sith Pureblood as I'm curious to see what an extinct race actually can do.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Ahem. Some species are class-locked. You won't be seeing Cyborg Sith Inquisitors for some reason (though Sith Warriors are fair game), nor (obviously) Sith Pureblood Jedi. Or Miralan Sith of any kind. Pick a class first, then focus on a species. Having said that, I second Cyborg Imperial Agent :obviously: Word is, the story is one of the better ones in the entire game. And I must note that even the reputedly derpiest story (Sith Inquisitor) is relatively un-derpy for a recent BiowEAr offering. It merely reeks of "man, they could have done this so much better". Luca$ must have cracked his whip pretty well to force them to make the game medicore-to-passable.

Why do you hate progress?

I do plan to to upgrade to Windows 7 someday, or 8 if it's solid and actually an improvement. But right now I've got my computer running just the way I like it, and I have other things to spend my money on.

Anyway, both of you vote!

Races:

Cyborg-3

Twi'lek-1

Sith Pureblood-1

Classes:

Smuggler-1
Trooper-1 (probably not going to get a Sith Pureblood for that one :M)

Imperial Agent-2

Fafnir

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Cyborg Imperial Agent
Sith Pureblood can only be Sith Warrior, Sith Inqusitor if I recall correctly.

Races:

Cyborg-4

Twi'lek-2

Sith Pureblood-2

Chiss-2

Rattata-1 :bro:

Classes:

Smuggler-2

Trooper-1

Imperial Agent-6

Jedi Knight-1

Voting ends sometime tomorrow, but it's pretty obvious what class we'll be playing. I'll post the Imperial Agent info, and maybe some Smuggler to cover my bases in a little while.

Alright, here's what you need to know about the current leader in the polls, the Imperial Agent. Followed up by the Smuggler class.

KqXWT.jpg

XqgFX.jpg

n31Ry.jpg

dTpYo.jpg

Work long hours protecting a system whose upper echelons barely know you exist, and would happily toss you in a Sarlaac Pit if they needed a laugh. On the other hand, the common plebe who has only ever known Imperial control sees you as the pinnacle of achievement. At least someone appreciates you.

1nM38.jpg

hrkU4.jpg

Spreading terror doesn't come cheap.

Here are the two elite Specializations, I doubt it'll matter.

fb7PF.jpg

Given the chance I'm going for Operative. I don't care what you say! Bleh.

r7F2I.jpg

VrM7V.jpg

Our fine (hired) associate in the lonely job that is keeping the Imperial machine running. Might stab us in the back at some point, if we don't do it first.

dvf4W.jpg

6Dz8Z.jpg

Translation: Once the prototypes are gone, the tech will disappear again and the SWU will backslide a little bit more. So business as usual.

yT2nk.jpg

It is a nice ship, though.

On the other side of the coin...

rk7wK.jpg

z8ASz.jpg

9SSKH.jpg

Co0zQ.jpg

yL5eW.jpg

veo5w.jpg

I don't think charm would stop an Imperial Agent from tearing them apart.

tazXR.jpg

Dat Hat.

d05xL.jpg

Yet by Luke's time the best option when faced with a Force-user is spray-and-pray-then-die. Go figure, I suppose that's why they invented Droidekas...then forgot them after the Clone Wars.

hkzXH.jpg

Am Smuggler, need Wookie. It's the law. Why didn't anyone tell me Bendak Starkiler got EXTREME with Hanharr then sold the resulting test tube baby?

INTG9.jpg

Hey look, it's the Milleniu....Ebon H....a light freighter!

bQK81.jpg

tEisA.jpg

But can it do the Kessel Run is a decent time?

There are your top two classes gentlemen. Now those of you who haven't voted yet, do it!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Wow the default faces of the class description is pretty derp.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom