Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Killed the Ape, and the Headless Ape with his friend. I don't know where to go now.

Sentinel

Arcane
Killed the Ape, and the Headless Ape with his friend. I don't know where to go now.
Kuro is your friend, my friend.
Aparently I have some ingredients left. But I been everywhere and killed all the bosses. Maybe I missed some item?
You been to Senpou Temple/Mibu Village/Guardian Ape? Mortal Blade is in Senpou Temple, the Stone is in Mibu Village, and the cave behind the Ape holds the white flower. There's also a bell on top of the table at the end of Senpou Temple, in the Main Hall idol. I forget what it does but it's story related.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Kuro is your friend, my friend.
Aparently I have some ingredients left. But I been everywhere and killed all the bosses. Maybe I missed some item?
You been to Senpou Temple/Mibu Village/Guardian Ape? Mortal Blade is in Senpou Temple, the Stone is in Mibu Village, and the cave behind the Ape holds the white flower. There's also a bell on top of the table at the end of Senpou Temple, in the Main Hall idol. I forget what it does but it's story related.

Nevermind, I missed the idol and the small cave after defeating the ape. I'm blind.

BlackGoat

Arbiter
Took me two days but I beat that last fucker in the field and the final deathblow was the best deathblow ever

Went into NG+ and felt like a god. Took care of Genichiro in the opening sequence like it was lollerskates. Had a tinge of melancholy playing through the first few areas, remembering how I felt a week ago, thinking the game might still be like Dark Souls

Fired up Dark Souls shortly after. Felt like I was underwater, in a diving bell, it was so slow. After a week of Sekiro accelerating my brain.

I hope From's gotten their Platinum envy out of their system. I'd like to see them go really slow again, like King's Field 4

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Uh, Sekiro is oneiric aplenty. On NG+ now and I still have no fucking clue what the NPCs are going on about most of the time. Like what even are the worm things inside people? Goddamn From man...

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Uh, Sekiro is oneiric aplenty. On NG+ now and I still have no fucking clue what the NPCs are going on about most of the time. Like what even are the worm things inside people? Goddamn From man...
I have no idea either. My best idea is that they were trying to make a fake Divine Heir, but the water or something was infested. It wouldn't shock me too much if the girl explodes into a centipede final boss in the DLC, especially given the statement given in the "true" ending.

Basically, DLC hook.

That or I need it Vaatisplained in a year.

Edit: yeah, there's something in the water. The villagers were told to drink it to become "citizens of the palace" and the same water flows to where the guardian ape is. Would hope DLC expands on it, creepy insect queen fight would round out the game nicely.

Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Shadowrush seems very strong/OP
What. I stopped using it 5 mins after I got it bc pitiful dmg and emblem cost.

I have beaten Isshin final form easily thanks to shadowrush

EDIT: I've beaten ISshin and the game ended. In the next playthrough I'll try to get the other ending to beat the other bosses.

How many are left in the other ending?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Slightly mad. Just saw Vaati best the final final boss in less than 35 or so minutes. First try on last phase.

Meanwhile, pleb me needed hours on Lady Butterfly.

Jokzore

Arbiter
Purification, Immortal Severance and Return all end with Sword Saint Isshin.

Shura has 2 unique fights
Emma and Isshin in his old man form
Purification also has an extra boss fight
Owl again, but hes way harder

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Shura has 2 unique fights
Emma and Isshin in his old man form

This is the end I got. Honestly I ddn't give any attention to the story. I guess Ill look for a guide in next playthrough to get other ending.

What do you recommend NG+ or restart? On one hand I would like to experiment with the more powerful skills, or check NG+ features, but a new playthrough to test my skill is very appealling.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Wait what, you got Shura ending? Then you probably missed the final area

Yes, I chose to be loyal to my master, and Miyazaki rewards me with missing an entire area.

This is the problem of going almost blind for the first time, But I don't regret.

Hassar

Scholar
From Software should stick to oneiric abstract stories and silent player character. This weeb shit is somewhat off-putting.
You should stop pretending the Souls games had good (or any) stories.

The Souls games barely had characters. They had ciphers who you would randomly see progress (really more like shift from point to point in their wandering because you don’t really see enough of their stories to give a clear idea of them moving forward) and some of them were more interesting than others.

I really think From has to work at achieving a more solid story, set of characters, and lethal combat for both the player and the enemies. I think I see what they want to achieve but if I am correct, their execution for various game concepts tends to slightly miss the mark.

Villagkouras

Arcane
Wow, fighting Guardian Ape only to find that the next boss is the same Guardian Ape but with a friend is a new standard of bullshit, From.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom