Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Renfri

Cipher
Nice hairline m'lady.
U0zGRg1.png

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
gzdoomCV1ElrnPDg.png

The Vast Silence, aka Doomer Boards Project 64 is complete.
I thought it was pretty nice overall and i kinda dig Doom 64 sprites for a change of pace, a bit too many revenants for my taste however and i hated the map 10 a lot(it's a pure slaughter map).
gzdoome4Tp7RSf9K.png
gzdoomQct5ccTVJk.png
gzdooma6BeF9gK9h.png
gzdoom815PS2CAd5.png
^map 10 in question
gzdoom1MIKkJV4Eb.png
gzdoomO2FgBQrX8P.png
gzdoomNSKDpU7gQV.png

Now for somewhing completely different yet not quite. Space Cats Saga 2.0 with Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition.
gzdoomUmsEw3kS4q.png

A total conversion mod in which you get four alien catgirls to choose from.
Lotsa new weapons and stuff. Everything feels overpowered but also kinda fun.
Only two levels in.
gzdoomVtPn9522xK.png
gzdoomCdKLeOK1lS.png
gzdoomas8lIbvwJE.png
gzdoomLAO4SO4huy.png
gzdoomYUCHFXMXQk.png

Also tried Mortal Glory 2.
MortalGlory2rnJQlscE.png

I liked demo a fair bit. Now that i am playing the full version i begun noticing some cracks however.
Don't like those type of roguelikes that constantly presents you with choices between "crap" vs "slightly less crap" but maybe it's just me getting unlucky now.
MortalGlory2zZR28UM2.jpg

Also, can't show it properly here but the maps you're supposed to go through are way too big. It appears that each single run will be a bit too long for my taste.
MortalGlory24O8pqzsC.png
MortalGlory2ViplMFKQ.jpg
MortalGlory2Vkwj43FN.png

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Gibtropolis. A very recently released map for Quake - Arcane Dimensions. Using Ironwail sourceport.
gib20240310125819.png
gib20240310131749.png
gib20240310135238.png
gib20240310135507.png

Focused very heavily on exploration and destructible environment.
gib20240310140125.png

Nutmeg

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
Just goes to show that 3D didn't really need to advance that much from 1997 aside from more grunt to enable higher resolutions (including texture resolutions) and higher anti-aliasing and filtering modes. I like the clean look without all the advanced materials and especially without the screen space effects (those all suck and can go straight to hell IMO).

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Oozing Blasphemy, another map for Arcane Dimensions. Heard that it's pretty good.
adblasphemy202403102.png
3ffadblasphemy202403102.png
61eadblasphemy202403102.png

Not as visually impressive as some of the others as this level is mostly acidic sewers but the overall level design was pretty nice. Pleasantly surprised me a few times.
d60adblasphemy202403102.png
898adblasphemy202403102.png
dadadblasphemy202403102.png

:philosoraptor:
54aadblasphemy202403102.png

I don'y know what i expected.

Cimmerian Night
cn220240310233545.png
cn320240310234529.png

A very vanilla flavoured 3-maps long episode. Recall Ashes shilling this episode in a Quake thread.
It's indeed pretty good. Very nice flow. Nothing to write home about in terms of visuals but the OST is surprisngly a banger.

Space Cats Saga 2.0.
gzdoomYdZlnP0mvi.png
gzdoomwpHDF82THZ.png

While the 4 characaters are fun to play as the levels that come packaged with them are tedious.
Guess even with fun overpowered weapons the majority of slaughter maps are just not fun to play for me. Should probably use this total conversion mod in some other better WAD.
Also, i am not sure if the dev suggestion to turn on dynamic lights, bloom and fog really does improve the visuals. There is a lot of visual clatter in these levels.
gzdoomvrpJxqdY2q.png
gzdoomJBZ4klexVn.png
gzdoomGOynxOeszI.png
gzdoomXAsTfXoPff.png
gzdoomeecRO9uJzu.png
gzdoomwz7MDocDi6.png

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Damn, you saved Catwoman. Did you do all the 300+ riddles?

You don't have to. Rescuing her is a separate task, and after that you can solve all the riddles if you want to have 100 % achievement I guess. I've never had the patience in previous parts to finish them, and I doubt it will be different here. There are 243 riddles overall - feels too autistic for me. A 100 would be more than enough.

Although I completed all other missions plus Arkham stories DLC (Batgirl has the best one, the rest felt too short). Arkham Knight is the most polished part of the series. After the initial release, which was horrible on PC, I haven't stumbled upon anything that would cause a crash or made me reload a checkpoint. Even my graphic card on maximum settings worked less than in Arkham City.

Last edited:

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Still clearing my Quake modding backlog.
Completed Honey. Heard very good things about this one too. It's from 2012, i feel old.
start20240312220520.png
honey20240312222827.png
saint20240312224125.png

An episode consisting of two large sewer maps!:happytrollboy:
Brown aesthetics aside it was actually more interesting in terms of level design than some of the more modern maps.
hend20240312232556.png

After witnessing this amount of dark brown i needed some healing for my eyes. Remembered again that i left a few maps unfinished from that Brutalism Jam.
qbjrabbit72502024031.png
2b7qbjrabbit72502024031.png

Much better for my eyes at least. While very beautiful these maps are often very exhausting to play due to the sheer amount of enemies in them or being so big thay just take too much time to complete.

ferratilis

Magister
How do you go about suspending your disbelief to convince yourself that such a faggy twat could wield such a huge sword? There's barely any muscle on those sticks he has for arms.

And he looks more feminine that the girl with red bandana in the fourth picture.

Arthandas

Prophet
How do you go about suspending your disbelief
Suspension of disbelief? In a video game?
There's barely any muscle on those sticks he has for arms.
And he looks more feminine that the girl with red bandana in the fourth picture.
Are you nitpicking a bishonen protagonist for being a bishonen protagonist?
If you want to get into the in-game lore then he's a mako enhanced superhuman.

Renfri

Cipher
Campaign was fun, but final battle had very anticlimactic ending. Enemy Lord charges in before final wave, so I just gangbanged him and ignored wave, and then he was dead.
N4GxY9V.png

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
gzdoomEhBiUxjuNz.png
gzdoomYRNOMb0xLM.png

On a second thought i've been a bit too harsh by calling this WAD tedious.
Rather it was my personal approach that was tedious. Turning difficulty down to normal might have helped.
Either way these berserk fists are beautiful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom