Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

ferratilis

Magister
What do you think of The Suffering 2 compared to the first game?
I think it's worse than the first game in every way except graphics, but still worth a playthrough just for the atmosphere and monster designs. The worst offender for me was the two weapon limit, as well as how they changed the healing system. While the first game was still a true PC game in many ways, the second was a typical console third person shooter of the day. And you feel that while playing the PC version. Not a terrible game, just worse than its predecessor. Carnate Island was a character of its own, monster designs and lore were more intricate. On the other hand, the streets of Baltimore were just a bit too Hollywood-esque. Monster designs were still on point, but a lot of the tension from Carnate went away.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
8f6SparktheElectricJest.png

Bring it on!
500SparktheElectricJest.jpg

221SparktheElectricJest.png

FUCKETY FUCKK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKF FUUUCK!!!!
:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!
:despair:
I simply can't perform a movement this precise. My skill level is such that i only now learned how to do the proper horizontal wallrunning(wasted too much lives prematurely because of this.)
Spent at least twenty minutes more on trying to reach the top.
:stunned:
I need to calm down, my hands are sweating too much. Will attempt to tackle the final level again tomorrow.
Edit: Can't calm down yet now that i am so close. Just checked a playthrough video in order to see how people manage to actually do that.
Huh, it appears that i don't need to mash the dash button so often in order to succesfully run up the wall. You can allow yourself to slow down for a few sec. I see, i see. Good. That's useful to know.

Last edited:

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Ok, i am slighly bit drunk but ready. Let's do this again.
ff4SparktheElectricJest.jpg

ac2SparktheElectricJest.png

We meet again, my old nemesis.
YES!
523SparktheElectricJest.png

Slow and steady here was the way.
681SparktheElectricJest.png

Ended commiting a few silly mistakes later on but twelve lifes was plenty enough for someone as clumsy as me.
a66SparktheElectricJest.png

it's time to end this
498SparktheElectricJest.png

YOU DONE GOOFED UP, SPARK! EVERYONE IS DEAD! EVERYONE!
YOU KILLED EVERYONE, SPAAAARK!!! EVEN YOURSELF!!!
YOU WERE INSIDE THE MATRIX THIS WHOLE TIME!!! YOU'RE JUST A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL SPARK WHO IS LIKELY DEAD AFTER A THOUSAND OF YEARS HAVE PASSED OUTSIDE!
838SparktheElectricJest.png

ALL BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T WANT TO WAIT IN LINE FOR YOU PAYCHECK, SPAAAAARK!!!
a18SparktheElectricJest.png

Both final bosses are not hard at all. It's more of a reward for completing the final level.
That level itself was the real final boss.
6e4SparktheElectricJest.png

We get to play as Fark who has a bit different moveset.
ac9SparktheElectricJest.png

Understatement of the century, Spark.
253SparktheElectricJest.png

After saving Spark from the virus Fark joins forces with him in order to defeat the true villain.
abfSparktheElectricJest.jpg

Of course they fuse.
c9eSparktheElectricJest.jpg

As i said, beating the final boss is not a challenge after completing that hellish course.
b64SparktheElectricJest.png

Spark is so depressed after realising his actions were responsible for killing the entire world he is now contemplating suicide.
b05SparktheElectricJest.png

Fark becomes so mad after hearing that bullshit he turns into a real boy formie. These guys are called formies btw.
f22SparktheElectricJest.png

He is having none of that.
3cbSparktheElectricJest.jpg

That was a bit gay, Fark.
e0eSparktheElectricJest.jpg

And so this is the ending.

And so Spark the Electric Jester 3 is complete. It made me feel things and succesfully managed to bring out my inner child.
I enjoyed the plot of this one a lot. :5/5: out of :5/5: on a sonic fanfiction scale.
There is still plenty of things to do. I only 30% this game according to the statistics(Didn't manage to grab many extra medals) and the dev have backported every level from the second game for free apparently. I also want to play the first game now which is a 2D title.
A little extra.
489SparktheElectricJest.png

This was my favourite shot ftom the ending sequence.

Last edited:
That's some very nice, authentic, and tasteful shader work there! Is this Guest Advanced? Care to point me to the preset?

I've been using Zomb's Megabezel pack for most of my retro stuff lately, including dosbox. There are a ton of presets for each system included. It uses some Guest Advanced settings but also rolls in a bunch of other features from other shaders... there are a lot of different settings to play with.

I can't speak to their accuracy but it looks good to my eye. Although I only discovered recently that the older version of Retroarch I had been using was causing some odd visual quirks that seemed to go away once I updated it.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
My kickassin in Diablo 2 found a nice weapon. Now there's no more crying for mana, and she can scream and kick at will as long as she's not knee deep in the undead.
I can't really see any other build using this Unique.
capture-006-02022024-144514.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
kotc21.png

Once more unto the breach.

Tfw you spend over an hour making a party and then quit the game right after starting because you're already kind of mentally spent lul. Wouldn't exchange the party creation experience for anything else though, it's easily one of the more satisfying parts of any RPG.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Spark the Electric Jester, first game.
Robots are taking our jobs.
cabSparkTheElectricJest.png
ffaSparkTheElectricJest.png

Something that is missing from the third game is the sheer amount of extra forms you can take that can significantly alter your moveset like the board.
9fbSparkTheElectricJest.png

Fire
fa8SparkTheElectricJest.png

Or my favourite, edgy form that let's you stick to the walls.
33aSparkTheElectricJest.png

They don't seem that balanced though. Wind, Edgy and Bat seem a lot more useful compared to something like Mage or Knight.
Also, as much as i liked Spark 3 this one has a better overall soundtrack so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom