Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Looking at TSW shots reminds of how there were so many good ideas and settings in the game. Then I remember that it was yet another fucking tedious MMO and I ever got past the second region before dying of boredom.

In another dimension people are playing The Secret World - a singleplayer RPG made by Troika and a working QA department.
IljD3H3.jpg

Essegi

Cipher

Mmh... I don't like the look of "deadly"... Also, we are bros, not heroes! Flee!

Ha! An unexpected aid, a friendly patrol!

Now we are a lot more!

Crowded!

Still, a bro died... At least the last one...

Lotsa loot!

Level up!

I think that one is good, to hit is never enough and misses are always too much.

Lol, nice idea, orcs, ambushing me from a lower position.

Last edited:

Don Peste

Arcane
Oh, don't be so rough, Alfonset meu! You can almost feel that the Triptych guys were getting close (DLC, not main game). They got something quite around the quality level of an average fifteen-year-old Half-Life mod. And aren't modders entitled to their work?

Alfons

Prophet
Oh, don't be so rough, Alfonset meu! You can almost feel that the Triptych guys were getting close (DLC, not main game). They got something quite around the quality level of an average fifteen-year-old Half-Life mod. And aren't modders entitled to their work?
Fool me once...

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Tian Shui, Western China.
Population: 16,000
Garrison: 53,000

03.jpg

Here we go again...

A horse of course

Resident Evil: Dead Aim/Gun Survivor 4: Biohazard Heroes Never Die
Ic5DraG.jpg

Best opening theme

:happytrollboy:

You'll notice two problems: The black stripes running down the screen, and the aggressive blurring. The former problem can be solved by lowering the resolution all the way down to 1200x1200, which is UNACCEPTABLE, so I just pretended it was an artistic choice :smug: The blurring is still a fairly common problem with PCSX2 and is usually solved by fucking around with the CRC hacks/postprocessing settings, though I had no luck in this case. Some games have no issues with this whatsoever - here's a pic from Clock Tower 3 I took last week (you might remember me spamming this thread with CT3 in 2013):
y4XGgre.png

It's not really noticable in-game anyway. Dead Aim is probably the shortest RE game I've ever played (around 5hrs) so it's worth a quick playthrough if you're bored. I'll poast mah impressions in the RE megathread later.

TF24BUt.png
BUWZ12x.png
JgQiKpC.png
nA2YUYc.png
sDu2mEl.png
yMn7Dy5.png
tOO5S9A.png
J0PdeiM.png
TpVWp7f.png
eR7HRyi.png
jBT2GX6.png
XmP0ERb.png
SiqvzlW.png
eKvHaiA.png
jIoTWUk.png
Pdh16uk.png
62w5luW.png
cAzXwtm.png
mRc1lIj.png
MtcABMz.png
VWWdFze.png

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Game title, please. And it is good?
Hmm. I could don't cut that, but I don't want to be fag and make this post any longer then it need to be.
Again, like the above.

King's Bounty: Dark Side. It's pretty much like King's Bounty: a simplified version of HoMM, with overland exploration and tactical battles between armies. You get to play with the bad guys this time. The writing is tongue-in-cheek, sometimes is funny, sometimes is horrible -- as in horrible written and/or translated (it's a Russian title IIRC).

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Resident Evil: Dead Aim/Gun Survivor 4: Biohazard Heroes Never Die

I've read about all the Gun spinoffs of the series, but never tried them (Survivor for PS1 was apparently horrible). I wonder if the Darkside Chronicles is playable on Dolphin.
The controls are a bit wonky but with mixed mouse and keyboard I was able to finish it succesfully. The game is short like most of the series, but it lacks puzzles and it's obviously action centered. Chinese kawaii sidekick who plays rough independent woman, albino final boss who clearly isn't heteresexual. After Code Veronica it wasn't so amusing. Fighting with hunters was fun. It has great save theme, like main parts of the serie.

Back to business:

KhXsgDb.jpg

eWJNE0G.jpg

4AnvAdw.jpg

doNNkTj.jpg

mTuqhzC.jpg

sd0W7gh.jpg

Dat ass!

3dqrIBe.jpg

The guy playing Quan-Chi is stealing almost the whole show :lol:

7ZmADEK.jpg

Noooooooo! My beautiful waifu :(

r6bVkxE.jpg

:killitwithfire:

Mortal Kombat Mythologies : Sub Zero. After reading so many reviews and stumbling upon it and being a fan of older titles I had to cave in and play it. Finished PSX version, since it is the best one and easiest to run. First thing - sound design and music is great, everything is perfect as in the older titles. The sprites may have been a little better like in MK3 and less pixelated but it's not a big deal. There is an xp system where combos will grant it more of it, which is necessary to unlock new moves. Yeah, it's a little to far fetched for me, since it's Sub Zero, not a Noob Zero. The difficulty quickly moves higher and in the prison sections and onward it was constant rape, Rape, RAPE! The horrible prison guards shooting to you off the screen, the final beast with the chainsaw. The game is unforgiving and I felt like I never played MK before. There are some puzzles, mostly involving key hunting. There are some FMV movies with the story crumbles, it's cheesy like Hercules or Xena series, but at least we don't have uppercuts with people flying on the screen 5 metres up. The final level with 3 hot guardians of Quan-Chi is really painful to navigate if you don't have the map or a good memory. After beating him it's time for Shinnok. Did I mentioned rape ? Good luck fellow Lin Kuei members, you're gonna need it :salute:.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So I beat Ys VI yesterday. It was gud.

13154.jpg

Nice view.

13151.jpg

Get rekt.

13160.jpg

13161.jpg

Terra? More like Tsunderra.

13157.jpg

13150.jpg

Obligatory anime furry waifus, one of them underage.

13159.jpg

13158.jpg

Rose is the best character.

13162.jpg

13163.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom