Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

FeelTheRads

Arcane
lul found a game made by a codexer:

JOXC8fb.png

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think King of Dragons is one of Capcom's most underrated games. It's definitely better than Knights of the Round, which is usually praised over it.

I agree, there is a nice variety of stages and boss fights and with each class has their own abilities that can be used to our advantage. Audiovisually it was Capcom at its best - great fluid combat and it feels like a spin off of the classic D&D duology.

As for the Bilinear filtering, I'll try to play some more obscure title for arcade in the same theme as KoD with scanlines enabled. Judging from the test, it's better for my eyes, due to the big screen.

King of Dragons actually predates the Capcom D&D games by a fair amount of time - 3 or 4 years if I'm not mistaken. It was still a CPS-1 game, it's amazing how far they could push that board tech.

spekkio

Arcane
Liane having a :rancemoment:

whoAxsT.jpg

lid11sK.jpg

Meanwhile, Jean decides to leave her old ways of maidenity behind:

C0aqk50.jpg

RmuE634.jpg

:incline:

Ggsvyan.jpg

:butthurt:

BTW, our TRUE enemies finally emerge:

rEzwrdV.jpg

2EgECUw.jpg

PLvtxbZ.jpg

Yeah, Biowhore totally ripped this one off...

:decline:

Englishmen show proper attitude when dealing with furries:

WjkmW0Y.jpg

:thumbsup:

Lancefags being OP AF with their ranged attacks:

lqfX1dc.jpg

6EIiwLP.jpg

Ultimate healing magic:

3Luc2gb.jpg

Final mission. First we have to deal with 4 reapers at once:

jLkxWjK.jpg

ZI8KneX.jpg

And then it's time for the big baddy:

ueEJsZy.jpg

Fucking brutal battle (faggit keeps regenerating).
That is, if you wanna play by the book. But with proper setup (strong AoE magic):

y6BMxgs.jpg

Fag is history in 2 turns:

WbSaMWK.jpg

:yeah:

tyjBm2J.jpg

:negative:

Anyway, first PSP game completed.

:dance:

spekkio

Arcane
^
PM sent.
What do you mean by "borked menus"? They just look like shit or is there some emu glitch?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Thanks for the config
^
PM sent.
What do you mean by "borked menus"? They just look like shit or is there some emu glitch?
mostly fonts, sometimes they are placed like a layers, one at the another
heard it is hardcoded and PPSSPP need to extract fonts or something else not-so-legal (ironic considering who use emulators).
OlhxqcM.jpg

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
lol weeaboo core

I tried playing this back in the day when I wasn't so much against weeboism but I couldn't complete it. And I tried hard, I got quite far into the game (I think, may have just seemed long) but eventually the random fights and grinding did me in. JRPG grinding is the worst grinding there is.

Combat was crap too, by the way.

Too bad, I think at that time I had a hard-on for the setting (certainly not for the shitty 3d waifu) an wanted to find out the end of the story.

So Anachronox is still the best western JRPG there is, if only because it's only a relatively small part JRPG.

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, game is garbage but thee setting is interesting.

Honestly, I gave up on the combat like 2 hs in and now I'm cheating: pressing Ctrl + F3 instantly wins fights and is STILL a boring game with massive dull dungeons and far too much combat.

Can you unlock resolutions on Septerra Core, felipepepe? I really liked it back in the day.
Nope, it's locked at 640x480.

And I have no idea how the hell you liked it.

spekkio

Arcane
^
Hey mang.
You DO know that you can inrease internal PS2 resolution in pcsx2 options?

:?

Panama Bank from the best Splinter Cell
bxnJ0R6.jpg

htv2UKH.jpg

i1tq8bX.jpg

xHDFH7o.jpg
Escape from Butcher Bay
tzql5O3.jpg

trnvb9S.jpg

5qgjUgs.jpg

ROzlV3j.jpg

XI4Rrw5.jpg

z6gF2gr.jpg

EAwNc18.jpg

Z1SC6qr.jpg

fJRB6fb.jpg

PVYHH1b.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom