Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
They send the weirdest things by mail nowadays

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Trump build our walls, our turrets...but the one week of fallout was too much for his brain. Dementia sets in and after 1.5 days spent wandering in a daze, he was finally sent into a lone journey into the wastes, sans clothing and whatever of value.
A day after his journey a 16 year old attacked him in the wilds with a metal club. Despite the 45 year old's state of nudity and psychosis he handed the younger man a physical and mental beatdown he'll never forget.

love-trumps-hate.jpg

Trump eventually collapsed in exhaustion. His last opponent his only companion in his dying moments.
While his rival cheers upon his death.

RimWorldWin%202017-01-25%2010-00-36-36.jpg

RK47

Patron
Well, well, well...

RimWorldWin%202017-01-25%2019-34-53-10.jpg

Looks like this isn't your lucky day...

RimWorldWin%202017-01-25%2019-36-40-88.jpg

voPWV5L.gif

RimWorldWin%202017-01-25%2019-38-13-37.jpg

Last edited:

Jazz_

Arcane
Trying Morrowind with a bunch of mods, had not touched it in a decade, I have a hate-love relationship with this game, it suffers from shit gameplay and general bethesda derpness but the world building and lore is top notch, you can tell love and creativity went into it, unlike Oblivion and Skyrim.

in Balmora:

c723fpw.png

meeting Casius Cosades, more than addicted to skooma he seems addicted to trt and hgh

UemvoAy.png

let's go somewhere else:

xafbqoL.png

forgot what place this is:

XZ1I5UN.png

1n43UOs.jpg

my humble abode (a mod that adds a random house in Seyda Neen):

LVypAWF.png

yep, it's pirate-themed

bdDXehx.png

m8R4P9v.png

oh look I even have a small dock and a small boat I can't use:

IuNsfm1.png

and a neighbour, hello ther...

xyYzDQo.png

why

kBsvIme.png

IC7reKX.png

was it perhaps...because I'm black?
PuKZ0vF.png

aKNtNBV.jpg

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Weird, it's from a different developer but looks like it's running on the same engine as Realmz and New Centurions
32f57d6b-a748-400b-8798-c397f9c69d27
I don't know if it's the exact same or not, but it's certainly a good thing (New Centurions looks awesome, I need to give it a try sooner or later).
The combat screen is a little too small, but it's almost a non-issue. I'm loving the game. I reached the end of the shareware version, and I'm going to play the full game one way or another (they've got a site : http://www.qnote.com/Jewel/jewel.html with some broken links, I'll start by trying to contact them, while playing Hellenica).
bGLjmN0.png

9l3SiuR.png
2WzscQ3.png
The journey is very good ; the game uses a dialogtyping system ; the characters have interesting things to say and I always think it's satisfying to unlock quests via this type of dialog system because you may sometimes miss some quest or important information.
The dungeons are OK, with random encounters and sometimes some important or valuable item to find.
You need to take notes about informations and quests, there's a minimap.
The combat system seems really good, it's basically like the gold box games, "seems" because in the demo you're fighting some spellcasters but not that many and you only have access to the first spells of course ; so it's probably good, unless they completely messed up the rest of the game.
VV0LPio.png
QxPd0ce.png
My characters learned spells they can't cast yet, this lapis lazuli is said to be owned by the satyrs, but I need to make peace with the satyrs to get it and the quest is linked with a city that I think I haven't found, I don't know if I missed something or if it's not available in the demo :
Lm8AJYD.png
At the beginning of the game you roll a prince or princess, a djinni and 3 free characters (there are 6 classes, the other classes are dervish, bedouin and I can't remember the last one).
The monkey comes with you at the beginning of the game, I replaced him with a falcon later :
HyvDQ3w.png

I travelled inside the story of a storyteller :
lBt2VvN.png

zMcNqc3.png

NiVD1ap.png
LdzkO30.png

JR5ZjoG.png
It's cool how the travel ends, you're teleported back, then you eventually ask the storyteller about the treasure, he explains that the thief kept his treasure but maybe one thief is present in your party, and if you look into the monkey's inventory he's got a pearl.

There's a special game over screen when the djinni dies :
2T3EE9x.png

A town in the mountains :
PDSDQfv.png
3I1dALz.png
Weight is important, water in particular is heavy (and you may need a lot of water depending on where you go), the following shield is relatively expensive, just because it's light :
yyRFUnF.png

Spells generally have some long description, the mana gambling spell is funny :
CIVAyIe.png
mDaEhgD.png
Some more loose screenshots :
GroCkf8.png
CclCXag.png

This was a good fine (but not that much later you can buy them) :
37hgZ1w.png
leiXyrC.png
05Zweu3.png
0OFW6yi.png
rpEBPv9.png
05Zweu3.png
eLFzm1T.png
6HrO7Fa.png
cSL8nzy.png

NTicq84.png

RK47

Patron
bitch just won't stop banging for hours.
RimWorldWin%202017-01-28%2013-24-09-56.jpg

RimWorldWin%202017-01-28%2013-46-42-73.jpg

Finally, the banging stops at 2 am. And Steve remains a virgin.

RimWorldWin%202017-01-28%2013-49-23-92.jpg

RK47

Patron
Late fall, a distress signal from a game developer, dibens requested the colonists of Steveland for shelter. Accepting means fighting off the raiders chasing after dibens.

'Are you a woman?,' Steve asks over the radio.
'Yes, I am a woman,' came the reply.
'Guise! Prepare for an attack!'

Dibens was quickly taken in and told to man the mortar as Steve directs his soldiers to take up position near the turrets.
The raiders consisting of two snipers and a grenadier barely arrived when mortar shell exploded near them.

01.jpg

The explosion was expected, but none foresaw the boomalopes caught in the explosion. The explosive chemicals within the animals detonated and spread wildfire. The battle of Steveland was on as Orma, Jinn and Alkeides take potshots and disabled the grenadier.

Steve, a man who abhors violence tips his cowboy hat and dashes in to strip the downed raider of any valuables.

02.jpg

By then, the second raider fell to concentrated fire and the last one begins to flee.

03.jpg

And ran he did.

04.jpg

Lucky the raider smugly ran away from the carnage.
'They'd be too busy dealing with the fire to get me,' he smugly said smugingly as he wiped the sweat from his forehead like a rotting piece of bell that torments him as he ran.

Orma disagreed and landed a headshot as his boots splashes on shallow water. Another great splash that is very great, greatly accentuates his fall. The water turned crimson red.

05.jpg

'Nice shot, Orma.'
'teşekkür ederim' the turk replied.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I played that on the GameBoy, where it's called Gargoyle's Quest.

Nowhere near as fun as this one looks to be.

A horse of course

Tyranny

Initially appeared to be the same dreck as Pillars of Eternity and I uninstalled it out of boredom. Came back a few weeks later as a stopgap before the next big Warhammer release, and I've revised my opinion slightly. The characters are reasonably interesting (except the stupid fucking native american wolf-woman), itemization is far superior (though still too much "+ 0.000003432 dps, - 0.45 noodle slurping" crap) there are slightly fewer trash mobs than PoE (with the notable exception of the Oldwalls dungeon, which is filled with the most painfully uninteresting enemies you could possibly imagine), and the story advances at a fairly brisk rate - too brisk once you finish Act 2, at which point the pacing goes to hell and you wonder what the point of the crafting, power and strongholds mechanics was. It seems as if the game was always planned with post-launch ending DLC, but even with this in mind, the whole final section seems ludicrously rushed. Anyway, I'm not going to recommend it to anyone, but it's only 20hrs and hardly Obsidian's worst release.

Oh, and tumblr noses. :terrorist:

(SPOILERS)
FWQh3kT.jpg
EN3Vpz0.jpg
T4LLFLB.jpg
3MM7H2Z.jpg
CVpHvAk.jpg
nURgdrw.jpg
ar5xBIW.jpg
dxlMHBc.jpg
zToTnHt.jpg
bHpfPH3.jpg
Zq5dtI1.jpg
PcBPFmZ.jpg
v3wkUOB.jpg
miEFYdU.jpg
JAGPigt.jpg
QJirC63.jpg
j5Ru0Lh.jpg
YjuNzpS.jpg
BVzolF2.jpg
GL4xzmq.jpg
RF2Fcu1.jpg
wKKJU5l.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom