Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Astral Rag

Arcane
mameppkgui2015-06-201o9qhl.jpg
mameppkgui2015-06-201a4ogv.jpg

mameppkgui2015-06-201gbotw.jpg

mameppkgui2015-06-201zzq85.jpg

:troll:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Reminds me of the glitch in Dragonninja on the Amstrad CPC. There were this sword-wielding ninjas that would jump up into the air so that they were off-screen, then come landing down at the player's last known position, so it was possible to dodge their attack.

Except on the Amstrad the ninjas always did damage when they landed, even if the player had jumped down to the floor below and walked away.

DraQ

Arcane

:lol:

C64 version of Street Fighter 2 was better.

Final Fight in coop was cool, the only problem is the friendly fire, where you punch your buddy or whack him with a pipe.

I think the two best c64 games in regards to melee combat were Barbarian and Fist II.
At least of the ones I played.

FF was cool in that it allowed you to pick up and use a lot of things and to destroy stuff like trash bins.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Barbarian had good combat for 8-bit game. The cutting head move was too OP of course but damn, it was satisfying to see it in action. As for the Way of the Exploding Fist, I only have played the first part which was International Karate rip-off and didn't find it that good. Curiously though, Fist 2 just went the same way as Barbarian 2 and they were both semi-adventure beatem ups with varied enemies. Last Ninja was probably the epitome of that way. The fighting wasn't that good, but the presentation, music and the inventory system blew my mind when I first saw it. Platforming elements were very annoying and frustrating while playing on the joystick.

pippin

C&D was cool and the first time I saw a 4 player arcade cabinet, but NOTHING beats Sunset Riders.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Just managing my lovely little papaya republic when suddenly...

7763A156E7FD59AE05A33C0D40FE0F93A2C06312

142 immigrants! Immediately slammed the door on that (Tropic First!!).

This poor bloke keeled over a few feet from the boat. T'was a life of solitude, poverty, nastiness, brutishness...

971CC0F5407EB284C2EF57E5A61865CC40CC77BE

Of note are the two malls across the street from one another in true American-mimicry fashion.

Also, one is for women only, and the other open to everyone. The women only mall made 10x as much money. :smug:

Scenic shot...

447FD3FE55AF63E52D49D14F41395AD09FBB3D23

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
While the tools to overcome the place are provided, the tools for communication remain lost.

spekkio

Arcane
Dungeon of the Endless

106iKjk.jpg

Behead those who insult Samus Aran.

wbFveqr.jpg

Once you figure out how to play (powering up rooms, creating modules, combat, managing resources), the game becomes... manageable?

2ILr4eS.jpg

YVYaTyg.jpg

S1su2xZ.jpg

J6O46oc.jpg

3WDNFNr.jpg

smhLk8k.jpg

90U6Oi4.gif

I know exactly what we have to do...

12391.gif

uAYb6sh.jpg

lady-kick.gif

JvR6l1a.jpg

ORM5le0.jpg

An all-gurl party?

tumblr_mhd59dho7e1s4axrgo1_400.jpg

:incline:

viRMuY7.jpg

COME AT ME, SPACEBROS!

433_47281229e7447.gif

C6geuUD.jpg

:dance:

DraQ

Arcane
Barbarian had good combat for 8-bit game. The cutting head move was too OP of course but damn, it was satisfying to see it in action.
Was it? It was pretty slow and easy to avoid - you didn't even have to duck all the way, as long as it didn't hit you in the neck you only took normal damage instead of decapitation.

As for the Way of the Exploding Fist, I only have played the first part which was International Karate rip-off and didn't find it that good. Curiously though, Fist 2 just went the same way as Barbarian 2 and they were both semi-adventure beatem ups with varied enemies.
Second part was interesting in that it rewarded precision (you could miss by being too close and particularly well aimed attack at just the right distance could just truck the opponent) and required you to start and finish attacks separately making it highly resistant to "mash everything" school of playing beat-em-ups and made it much less "floaty".
It was a bit of an opposite of a traditional beat-em-up which made it interesting.

Other than that you wandered around and kicked various people in the face.
Last Ninja was probably the epitome of that way. The fighting wasn't that good, but the presentation, music and the inventory system blew my mind when I first saw it. Platforming elements were very annoying and frustrating while playing on the joystick.
Haven't played it but have seen it and it was wicked. Wasn't it nearly an adventure in some regards? Also, neat isometric graphics.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
I remember Last Ninja to be pretty unresponsive/laggy when it comes to movement. It was a bit of adventure game as in "where the fuck should I go?".

This is one of the coolest C64 games I've played (check the muthafuckin' groove at 3:41):

A horse of course

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition + Style Switching mod for graphical fixes
Q0AKCgI.gif

Looks like vomit after playing downsampled DMC2+4xMSAA.

Shame, because muh architecture, muh environmental design
gjhYQAA.jpg

x42gC4r.png
UxuaSz3.png

PMHD3l7.png
JLULHqq.png
XZAE1d8.png
4uM9tYS.png
TnFUf4x.png
9SXSfgt.png
c8k6Byx.png
4ap61ai.png
dtr9Q2I.png
tfbHLPS.png
LYBnGQH.png
XGE2ta8.png
0aSfq8P.png
DzqTQhO.png
hJV6RBq.png
oPLnn8O.png
WoN9SVg.png
91jTYbb.png
Ci7DWjb.png
w2681Mj.png
mM8kgB5.png
FmlTkli.png
4knpuxr.png
vaTv2FV.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Fallout 4

QY7Uxhi.jpg
CbSn31D.jpg
cA0Wk9Z.jpg
yJamI25.jpg
Dcg5rRC.jpg
DwEPEIq.jpg
ln0KCmk.jpg
Hey ed, that actually looks like a fun little time waster.
Is it your average unplayable Pay-To-Not-Wait scam like Dungeon Keeper or is it worth trying?

I also like the fact that everyone is smiling like a halfwit, no matter if he's fixing a leaking pipe, extinguishing a fire or fighting raiders to death.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom