Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Killer is Dead:

dBhmm3L.jpg

Ze fuck am I playing?

A user named cat

Just infiltrated Angel Watch. WTF that Pagan level with the monkey men and plums.

hpKCAvp.jpg

Q4OskLM.jpg

kiSMMeg.jpg

OQKqcbu.jpg

O9X3dnH.jpg

mxJUM7x.jpg

6Iru0G0.jpg

49lMR14.jpg

A horse of course

STOP violating the verisimilitude of the in-game universe you cucks

Ze fuck am I playing?

A ghetto-version of Metal Gear Rising; Revengeance.

Seriously, the core gameplay of the game* (dealing massive damage from, or following, just-dodges or blocks/parries) is done appreciably better in every way by MGR. And Platinum's game is far more polished, has better content, and even does the surreal, off-the-wall storyline much better (KID just revels in obscurantist, weird-for-the-sake-of-weird bullshit).

It's tolerable for a playthrough on Hard difficulty and up, but if you haven't played MGR, get right on that. It's basically this game's superior in every way.

*The most unique element of the game, the ability to swap to a third-person-shooter style reticule in the midst of combat is criminally underused. One day a game will succeed in replicating and/or continuing where Bungie's Oni left off, but this wasn't the game. It's not integrated well into most combats and the bosses it's useful against feel extremely forced and gimmicky.

zwanzig_zwoelf

So, is it shit? F:NV was pretty good, despite Sawyer's obsession with cockring balancing.

rGG2OFd.png

h3sCOAK.png

A horse of course

I know I said I was leaving forever (until I finish PoE) but I wanted to share some shots of the first 30m or so (until the first town). Some minor spoilerz:
3uqY8G5.jpg

hlam74r.jpg
yFbTsqH.jpg
G1HtHrQ.jpg
GO8qCpC.jpg
xyAFKT2.jpg
LF8DdFD.jpg
7q2djAw.jpg
Gn4Ns5r.jpg
0XCUj5o.jpg
3s9b9xn.jpg

Another spoiler: THE FUCKING OPEN/CLOSE SCROLL SOUND EFFECT WON'T SHUT THE FUCK UP

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, I loved MGR, that's why I bought this. And I'm very disappointed. Combat is really simple, is easy to stunlock enemies, dodging sometimes fails due to camera postion and the game is too busy fapping to its own "lol, so random" moments to let you play for 5 minutes without a cutscene....

zwanzig_zwoelf

Yeah, I loved MGR, that's why I bought this. And I'm very disappointed. Combat is really simple, is easy to stunlock enemies, dodging sometimes fails due to camera postion and the game is too busy fapping to its own "lol, so random" moments to let you play for 5 minutes without a cutscene....
Well, KID is some sort of a sequel to Killer7, so don't bother with it unless you enjoyed K7.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Breaking pillars of eternity, a step by step guide

mGeilo.jpg

Step 1: Set the bait.

2Jbgfw.jpg

Step 2: Wait for some fags to catch it and run the fuck away

wZea1Y.jpg

Step 3: Once they lose interest and de-aggro, shoot one of them from across the screen

zk2yYY.jpg

Step 4: Lure the single sucker to the chokepoint and kill him dead.

98oxaR.jpg

Rinse

3REfV7.jpg

and repeat

MzMDXz.jpg

Until desired effect

utUYpK.jpg

is achieved

Take that, Sawyer :balance:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We should have review duels for PoE, Sawyerist vs. Grognard, each trying to outsperg the other on why their opinion of the game is right. And which side gets fun right.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
While you good bros are beta-testing PoE for me, I'm playing some Vogelrnum and loving it. The screenshots are mainly taken for reminder purposes (a dungeon door I couldn't open, an interesting location I might have use of later, etc) so they aren't that good, but graphx are shit anyway, so who cares.

4QdrhPf.jpg

BaRP6W1.jpg

AF6MbXk.jpg

bESjJjf.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Well then, Commander Boreale has just received reinforcements

1nqwN2.jpg

emprah intensifies

I dig that I can even edit various story-related npcs' portraits. Maybe I should change mr bigevilbad to SINDRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIII

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Huge dump incoming!

pkMVGGg.png

4RyvqJ4.png

deZuPeN.png

O3ZGgAw.png

kpiJMdH.png

xcMY5kE.png

yS07zhN.png

mI9IqgU.png

lqiQmie.png

pXorst9.png

XZUqyzf.png

VJFdlXi.png

M33szoI.png

This game is pretty good for an indie game. Nothing spectacular, but eh, it's better and more fun than most of these crappy mario clones and generic 'retro RPGs'.

spekkio

Arcane
Resident Evil Revelations 2

Can you do beautiful and grimdark at the same time? Sure you can:

o9LGDPI.jpg

qpBh2d3.jpg

duJZvPP.jpg

Some time later:

VztouiX.jpg

3152_d3a8.gif

That was the most bullshit "good ending" condition ever...

:rpgcodex:

INCuLna.jpg

Word, sis. Anyway...

spekkio

Arcane
It's Russia, what do you want, colors?

:roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom