Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
There is this button, it's called 'Report'.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
That would be a nice compromise. Obviously the real issue is bandwidth/size (a half dozen screenshots of an old DOS game is no biggie) but it makes for a good enough rule of thumb.

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
There is this button, it's called 'Report'.

snitches get stitches. i make my cases publically* so the brothers and sisters in the war against shitscreenshotting can demonstrate support for the clean up initiative

*cept for when i d0nt
Stop being offtopic. This topic is about posting screenshots of games and not about your inability of fast scrolling through posts.

Astral Rag

Arcane
zandronum2015-03-1921j9u8e.jpg

Saving the planet with Ninja Destroyer.
zandronum2015-03-1921fnuxf.jpg

zandronum2015-03-1921eguy9.jpg

The First President of the World lends a helping hand.

2015-03-19_00043dauts.jpg

zandronum2015-03-19218euvh.jpg

zandronum2015-03-1922clud6.jpg

zandronum2015-03-1922dyuk4.jpg

zandronum2015-03-1922etu92.jpg

zandronum2015-03-19224hul3.jpg

zandronum2015-03-1922c1ud1.jpg

:salute:

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
If only we had some way of, say, omitting a user's posts. Some kind of, I don't know, overlook function. Or perhaps something along the lines of, I'd say, disregarding his posts.

We can only dream...

yes if only we could all stick our hands in our ears and collectively go la la la instead of having the staff do their jobs, god forbid they take a break from shilling PoE

I wish more forums would have an Ignore forum instead of netnannies deciding what we should read and write.
Sometimes the most annoying posters don't really break any rules either, so without an Ignore button it's hard to ignore things like dyslectics spewing one liners, wankers using SMS language and such.

Tehdagah

Arcane
"Quick shot"

One of the best things in the game, since it allows you to chain attacks and finish the enemy with a strong melee.

'Quick shot + slide + melee' is great to use. But 'headshot + melee' is more efficient against slow and melee-only enemies (ie: most of the zombies)

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
Resident Evil 6

G3DxMuU.jpg

OlgJBbg.jpg

ddwAICm.jpg

lXIAbxe.jpg

A_BJ2SbCIAAmXSx.jpg

As an oldshool gamer ;) , I initially tried moving around and pressing Dash at "proper" moments. After some deaths, I realized that this section is simply an on-rails FMV clip. You just have to keep move+dash pressed and Leon will win it automagically.

Glover-Murtaugh-Im-gettin-too-old-for-this-shit.jpg

Some EXTREME moments later

RIbiIi0.jpg

I was finally able to reach the title screen

DmH8D2U.jpg

And options!

Ono5FIF.jpg

Never change, Capcom, never change.

1311949286835.jpg

A horse of course

Could we have a rule in this thread allowing at most one unspoilered screen per game per post?

I brought this up in site feedback a couple of years ago and DU told me to suck Jaesun's cock.

A horse of course

Yes, POSTING screenshots, not SPAMMING them.

Learn the difference.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Balmoron's tablet screens. I get more annoyed by people posting the same shitty yuropoor RPGs over and over. The issue is not putting them in spoilers. If you look at other forums what ends up happening is they start to enforce "3 screens per post" or "one game per user per gaem" rules, which I think is something to be avoided. My suggestion is to devote an entire screenshot thread to me and people I think deserve to share it.

A user named cat

15 years late but finally got around to finishing Deus Ex today, had been sitting shelved way too long until recently. Played through straight up vanilla with enhanced gl renderer. What a near perfect game.

PuudkgF.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
Resident Evil Revelations 2

x0wrCpa.jpg

Harry Mason approves.

bKbipl3.jpg

Claire: let the young handle melee shit...

sYNDjEP.jpg

Suffering says hello...

h1fplex.jpg

:partyhard:

GnRPG2R.jpg

Finally some nice hiking parts

ip53cro.jpg

Constant bitching seems to be running in the family...

:love:

Story so far:

1F08ZYm.jpg

y9K1M8W.jpg

Barry: Yeah, that's my baby!

bnaoeRH.jpg

:cry:

FcY1HmL.jpg

Shit just got real.

Dayyālu

Arcane
you are a faggot and should feel bad

He's right though. It pretty much fizzles out at a certain point.

I had fun with Republic Commando, but it's the essential console shooter. Small maps, no vertical elements, regenerating shield mechanics with invincible team mates that could resurrect you, quite boring weapons, sections designed to be more "cinematic" than fun.... it had everything. Halo 1 is more of a PC shooter than Republic Commando is.

Visual presentation (despite crappy console-limited resources) and sound were quite good, however. Soundtrack is very, very nice. It's a fun game for a evening or two, with pretty much no replay value and quite short, even.

Nothing wrong to like it, but it's clearly a post-Halo console shooter with all the limits that it entails. Compare it with the 2003 Jedi Academy (by itself nothing particularly mind blowing for the age) and the poor Republican clones, from a gameplay point of view, don't stand a chance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom