Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Astral Rag

Arcane
2014hvkf0.jpg

Blonsky

Prophet
Wars and Warriors: Joan of Arc

The English like to talk.
WoEW28I.jpg

Steamrolling through the enemies.
niymbiW.jpg

Once the city gates/walls are breached its time to get rid of the remaining defenders.
tjtevy5.jpg

RTS view is confusing to move around, but it can get you unstuck, sometimes.
ZMNoQxy.jpg

Things that can get you or your soldiers permanently stuck in place: trees, stairs, low roofs and fucking horses.
ochHemG.jpg

Fat englishmen.
V2qkwls.jpg

Everything is easier with a canon.
06xixkQ.jpg

DraQ

Arcane
Enough with that pixelized hipsterfaggotry, time for some...
PIONEER:
Ethvece lightshow:

dq164x.jpg

2u59vth.jpg

1zeqlf.jpg

30hvamq.jpg

2o35t.jpg

32oh.jpg

Urzece lightshow:

2w6bfib.jpg

9hv03p.jpg

28imeeq.jpg

5anng0.jpg

16hspc0.jpg

2lt0qwp.jpg

2zz0xmo.jpg

1zeh92w.jpg

Green dreams (apparently):

v2tf9f.jpg

n391yq.jpg

dwdpus.jpg

Vear-y red:

vpequ1.jpg

qobus5.jpg

Rivers of light:

5efwuf.jpg

2wn5t29.jpg

2djeahl.jpg

Copper marble (is actually Dolan water):

2hnmj3m.jpg

oizl6q.jpg
(accidentally swung by a moon here en route to another one)
332q9gw.jpg

25yzmhj.jpg

No, I'm not:

w1wh74.jpg

An inordinate fondness for Iceland:

v3db36.jpg

Old neighborhood:

r08gnq.jpg

t7xu9e.jpg

Entombed in obsidian, presumably:

dzf5us.jpg

349c2g1.jpg

Haven't I seen you in Skyrim? (Were my misery too...):

2qxu5wp.jpg

Cant relly envy him (what a dreary place):

14kuxc6.jpg

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Dosbox really isn't ideal for taking screenshots. Still, since I'm having a surprisingly solid amount of fun with this game...

oHm21sn.jpg

dZD1foU.jpg

o0mpoQu.jpg

X3mJSki.jpg

a7v85z0.jpg

It's the old Interplay title Star Trek: 25th Anniversary. Surprisingly solid Star Trek adventure with some space combat, missions with puzzles designed around your teams capabilities and even different outcomes depending on your actions. The enhanced cd-rom version is a talkie with every line spoken by the actors from the show. Runs flawlessly through Doxbox for me. Enjoyable, and the sequel Judgement Rites is even supposed to be better.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
AMIGA platform/action awesomeness :

=====================================================================================================================================

0SIK73f.jpg
crS2x5T.jpg

qkQb1nU.jpg
1xcb6TO.jpg

MG9ZtVZ.jpg
qky23qY.jpg

2MfejJv.jpg
7MIVhKU.jpg

d1iQ4Om.jpg
oS2eUlU.jpg

67TKQtI.jpg
xXsS5UQ.jpg

=====================================================================================================================================

FFFc7PP.jpg
v27J1eB.jpg

vTmbeXC.jpg
65rOguq.jpg

3zNd5cB.jpg
KsYtMMI.jpg

w8Pp1um.jpg
YYqJyL4.jpg

PSqsccZ.jpg
AHfKhSk.jpg

P70K3lV.jpg
aCKk4vN.jpg

uKjtTeg.jpg
HWTEBOa.jpg

8whagNj.jpg
nBxrQfb.jpg

Co7vVo6.jpg
4sFXbEc.jpg

cHjrcvd.jpg
ZmxfDu6.jpg

xLEBDG8.jpg
GtKAADo.jpg

hg65yfs.jpg
2rDzl13.jpg

xnGJ6HN.jpg
a1NDZgA.jpg

o26tFXM.jpg
4Piwfej.jpg

e0Uxshz.jpg
VHRiXyC.jpg

9Gzsifj.jpg
ZA2HYrq.jpg

exLlgJo.jpg
pczVUU1.jpg

CydaVP8.jpg
lZ8y7PC.jpg

yGOH9Ch.jpg
auLYQpu.jpg

i3sJSAE.jpg
5g3oAfS.jpg

iBWB810.jpg
Jq3PYGR.jpg

fOJ6Ihw.jpg
MLnc1Mz.jpg

ZdgLXo8.jpg
sWTHR8H.jpg

1OwliXp.jpg
JlOcBZO.jpg

XCQhOVi.jpg
jAJppI2.jpg

US4jnQ7.jpg
zXRp9KD.jpg

kFqY1f1.jpg
p5mdKLt.jpg

in3Olfd.jpg
BWunmpY.jpg

opHFTqc.jpg
JWddBjw.jpg

Quqwzul.jpg
myDrAtt.jpg

vWQKdOv.jpg
XH3cQ8x.jpg

4vKbDcU.jpg
4TVUJjn.jpg

MK7cSqi.jpg
D8WEiIJ.jpg

vdvy1DO.jpg

sd35YyR.jpg
KAJUkas.jpg

HXd2J7l.jpg
IfHmMj4.jpg

YOvJsaq.jpg
09bySdt.jpg

45Hb4fl.jpg
XdpbnBE.jpg

SCEIWqq.jpg
9wZhQ61.jpg

wZEXtcZ.jpg
E7I00Pt.jpg

COBrjzt.jpg
Q7rS7MF.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
THE BARD'S TALE

AFhc74.jpg

Jesus K Reist is this shit popamole

EBuHns.jpg

The bugbear wastes you in 2 hits, meanwhile it obviously has hueg hp bloat. Also, when you smack it a few times, it hits you with some smoke bomb shit that stuns you and then runs around pushing levers that activate traps around the room.

This is so popamole I don't even know where to begin

0S3LL8.jpg

oo7XF5.jpg

Meet Crispy.

:hmmm:

I find it hard to enjoy this ironically like I did with Ultima 8

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Time for adventure!
83C9D0D77533014AE5FAAAD74A97B73975A005D6

4D836D1949976B68DB34178DA174C8DCE0A255A4

73FAF7D03D31CCBEF6767F328AB551D5DE762896

It's fantasy so we can have niggers in charge!
D501ADE6A4DA5E7928F8159E5FF805B05ACD5FC1

And even a token raghead!
84B4408693CABB6BC08C944E72FF7352646CD3EC

And finally:
F348E83D7BCACEDF6CC2B8FA6DD3585EF14D8245

Unwanted

Xu Fugui

Unwanted
So I took some very irregular screens during my latest session, starting where I left off entering Candlekeep crypts.
s9hkmOg.png

I see dead people.
E20dpsy.png

Dead people with neat stuff on them. They won't miss it.
v3vta4J.png

A ton of traps up in this place too. I guess they want people to stay away, strange that they never set off the traps tho. Anyway, I escaped from this shitty crawl killing more doppelgangers on my way out. Reaching Baldur's gate there's just like three quests in this chapter to do. Help the ill duke, kick the assasins' ass and mess up Sarevok's GF. It feels very rushed with so little content, this is a major let-down after experiencing the previous chapters.
CuxfuYZ.png

After cleansing the Iron Throne's place leaving only the chef alive I got the evidence I needed to face my nemesis.
v54bog0.png

For some reason the engine can't take screens when you're talking with people but I stomped some more doppelgangers and kicked Sarevok's ass so hard he GTFO'd with a teleport spell. What a pussy.
NJh59at.png

Unfortunately you spend no time investigating where he went or why or even what sort of place that even is. You just enter another god damn pathfinding hellhole following after him. There's someone dying on the floor giving exposition but it's all very awkwardly paced.
V1HI0jE.png

This is the worst.
cjSP7Jt.png

So much time wasted on this crap. It's not challenging nor is it fun, seems like Bioware ran out of cash and had to artificially lengthen this chapter. It's a long game enough guys, you don't need to do this filler shit, it's okay.
d4LO8Ys.png

Finally, the light at the end of the tunnel. There's another dying exposition dispenser here.
tHoOqYe.png

Meeting another party was sort of fun, they're weak punks but at least they're not doppelgangers.
diVld1p.png

This map was very empty and in a less flattering way than the wilderness of the earlier chapters, shame because the ending could have felt pretty cool with the right amount of build-up.
uq5Bcvv.png

Cabloowie, I beat the game. This fight was actually harder than I thought it would be, mostly due to the vast amounts of spells flying around, and the fact that I accidentally equipped my ranger with explosive arrows, Sarevok himself was just HP bloated and not that interesting. It all worked out in the end though.

Now I'm going to play the second game with the same character which I haven't done before. I've only played them once each and that was a very long time ago, I'm not even sure I have finished them so it's a fresh new experience for me. Word is that bows sucks in BG2 and especially in ToB, so I'm thinking of either taking the stalker kit or just remaining a standard ranger with some flexibility. What's the most viable option for rangers in BG2 and what weapon proficiencies should I get? I don't want to get shafted because the game doesn't have any good X types of weapons.

Essegi

Cipher
Hooray!!!!

Link in pic. Runs in gzdoom (included).
I discovered that gem some months ago. I've understood that there was a public alpha that dev removed. But there was a video (removed again now) showing some stuff... Men, that was cool!
And today dev upped the beta. I've instagrabbed it and played 10 minutes... And i confirm: it's cool!!!
I love the stile. Look, music and sounds. Dismemberment could be improved, but hey, it's a beta and an one man project.
It's also very hard, enemies kills you very fast, i even found some enemies that seems invincible (maybe they were ghost and magic was needed? Or just long to kill?). And i was just playng at 2nd difficulty.

Seriously, i love default attack:
ibgZADnwsWZNXU.gif

iZJjKr89Fn5KA.jpg

There are 3 classes, the huntress that has the bow, mage that has a fireball and a cleric that starts with only sword and fist.

iXLphT8405RNn.jpg

In first level enemies are avoidable. They are cruel.

i0rvVZQWuC5Rh.jpg

Those are basic enemies, but some care is required since they have no problems to hurt you.

ibaA7uwMuSjiQS.jpg

Howewer there's some healthy bolod.

il9zUZfR5tQf4.jpg

I think that this is extremely cool looking.

iqeS5zIliiy4.jpg

Another enemy.

ibf8aKbEi06znh.jpg

If i undesrtood well that was due to enemy friendly fire. Fireball too does burn...

iQ4OQuv29Q0Js.jpg

Here the fireball. Tha enemy is quite nasty, the first time i encountered it he hurt me a lot. Maybe i was not in full health, but instakilled!

iwuGAXTerrTcm.jpg

Yet another enemy. I'd say there's quite some variery since all these enemies are just on the start of second level...

:love:

Last edited:
What's the most viable option for rangers in BG2 and what weapon proficiencies should I get? I don't want to get shafted because the game doesn't have any good X types of weapons.

Stalker is decent for pure Rangers, but consider using Shadowkeeper to make your character a human so you can dual-class to something a bit more fun. Ranger->Cleric dual-classes are a little cheesy, but extremely fun. A little bug allows them access to the Druid/Ranger divine spells for all of the spell levels, not just levels 1-4 that Rangers could typically access. This makes for a character that can cast practically every divine spell (I don't believe they can pick Greater Elemental Summoning in ToB) and fight well.

Some of those Druid/Ranger spells are really exceptional too, giving the Ranger->Cleric dual class an advantage over other Warrior->Cleric duals. Insect Plague, Creeping Doom, Nature's Beauty, Call Woodland Beings, and Iron Skins are incredibly helpful.

This might be a little power-gamey, but it's not nearly as broken as other dual class builds, while still being reasonably fun and varied.

As for proficiency points, the only categories I would shy away from, in any case, would be Bastard Sword or Katanas. Magical Katanas are quite rare and a lot of the mileage that one can get out of this proficiency relies on metagame knowledge. Bastard Swords are simply poor compared to every other category of weapon and all of the magical ones are placed extremely poorly; there's really nothing beyond generic +1 Bastard Swords until very late into the game. Half of the unique Bastard Swords in the game are basically right on top of one another.

If you're looking ahead to ToB, you may also want to avoid Clubs. Support for them completely drops off after SoA.

Renegen

Arcane
There's already a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ranger in BG2 and he can romance you if you play as a girl/tranny, why deny yourself the best part of you game?

But seriously, I was going to recommend the same Cleric/Ranger but multiclassed, I thought I was the only one who knew of that. Instead I'll recommend the Archer sub-class, it's the best ranged user in the game and bows are pretty powerful, you get to play something a bit more original than the mage battles BG2 is known for, try to hit those spell disrupting/poison/exploding arrows on the key boss! You'll never miss.

Seerix

Arbiter
Betrayer crap - with detailed commentary:

We being the game as the only survivor from a British ship that got sunked by fucking Spaniards. Also, game makes not a single mention of who we are, what are we doing here in the first place, etc. Not a single word, just you, the beach, the wreck and a whole lot of white.
dPju0pC.png

==>
Here's our little map... and a world map button..?
yvfrEaw.png

==>
How big is this game?! I expected a single hub thing that I'd be running around for the entire game... nice.
uJk2unb.png

==>
Mysterious red riding hood leaves us a friendly note on a innocent totem
ond2BOr.png

RFCrFGL.png

==>
LOOK AT DAT FACE
ZLUg7Ld.png

==>
An introduction letter to our All-In-One vendor
9qTjfbn.png

==>
Oops, I must have mixed up some Skyrim screengrabs
S4ZUyIx.png

==>
And who's that?
Bqhngnd.png

==>
!
y3PHjSy.png

==>
This motherfucker murdered me so hard the first time, I didn't get my shit together fast enough. Wasn't expecting the combat be this lethal.
9Ohoz3c.png

==>
We discover a settlement!
dsesxrz.png

ThhyMlw.png

==>
And here's out first aid kit, a dirty water in a barrel...
y8MJEzf.png

==>
Mysterious ash corpses
FxFRhTm.png

QZnNmhh.png

==>
We discover some information about troubles with Spaniards and dealings with indians
7rwlJ8y.png

nM9x3eB.png

==>
We ring a bell...
C3TKJsl.png

==>
...which brings us to Plane of Shadow
K2hblvM.png

zvafRP2.png

==>
We find powerful artifacts!
nTVp4QK.png

6s9Epbt.png

Wyqsllv.png

==>
Red Hood renegade interrupts our shadow walk
J6m76PV.png

==>
I destroyed them earlier for shits and giggles :oops:
k0wdSLO.png

==>
Cute little cemetery
etfDEnq.png

==>
Haha, those skeletons look awful on screenshots
4j74gme.png

UKlXDSQ.png

==>
When we get owned by local fauna Red Hood retrieves our ass to mission center
hQf7ejn.png

==>
But then we have to sprint to our place of death to retrieve any gear and money, if we get killed again before that we lose it all and that is not a cool thing at all.
KJKrp5D.png

==>
They are lethal and soon to get very repetitive
Jpj0CLH.png

==>
Hunting for Red Sucker
ML79gIB.png

1Lh2Dp9.png

==>
I spy with my little eyes...
7JNDyus.png

==>
... way too many fucking enemies
PSfZF1C.png

==>
It appears that entirety of the game takes place in a region that was underwater at least several thousands years ago. It's all overgrown and shit but there wasn't enough time to erode or cover all those old riverbeds loaded with rocks and pebbles. And that is really cool. I like geography, especially fictional.
gxcDMUa.png

==>
We find some bones
E2Ds273.png

==>
Apparently we cleared prime material plane
alLJ9zW.png

==>
Fat chance I get to kill him in one hit, early in the game your weapons are so shitty you need to be lucky that your attacks won't just ricochet off the enemies
mvX6zcW.png

==>
But I get lucky
jxjWbyH.png

==>
We find all graves!
9LxzRD4.png

==>
This game seems to copycat Mirror's Edge way of highlighting stuff
9XR68Sj.png

==>
Barter menu
Uxw8ifC.png

==>
We revisit the coast to find out that indeed outer parts of the water blocked by invisible wall are on full physics. Neat. But screenshots doesn't show it properly nor it worked for me as well as in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-ibjTj2QyE
2zgM3JK.png

==>
Umm...
Pzwdd45.png

==>
I think it's time for a tactical retreat
29sX010.png

==>
Contrary to popular belief settlements are NOT safe havens
gdxqkzu.png

==>
If I got a picture for every instance of this janitor shit I'd have a gigabyte of screengrabs to sift trough
4bbWLqG.png

Il0JDWw.png

==>
T-Retardo
v91bLe1.png

==>
I want that on my desk
GkAfe8L.png

==>
We find an empty chest! It's super exciting! Lifted my spirits right back up after I realized how shallow and repetitive this game is. :hahano:
d3ZwJ1o.png

==>
sdpWNWm.png

==>
Plane of Shadow cleared
abLcWrD.png

==>
We discover that Red Hood is our hub for cashing in on quests, gonna provide all the derp deep commentary for what transpired here
KnYzhzz.png

==>
And our potential waifu :what:
Bg1jtDC.png

==>
Looks like devs used scaleform to apply this obnoxious red highlight on stuff instead of fucking around with textures. Looks much better off imo.
gBKdhdt.png

==>
Show me a guy in bright red clothes standing watch in green forest and I show you a sucker. Red Sucker! :B
0WT7lz8.png

==>
We discover more ash people
jQ8IfjC.png

zSiWPIx.png

==>
Close up on the most annoying enemy in the entire game
8plxc2U.png

==>
We find all sorts of random trash all over the place! Americans...
oTihtf5.png

miwq4j1.png

bc4ihxQ.png

3xdIBOf.png

==>
Ramrod Gun! Now that would be sweet.
X1RXtkw.png

==>
Filler obstacle
Qx7ExHX.png

==>
Surveying the landscape
YKrigbD.png

==>
Maybe Bethesda will finally figure out this highly advanced piece of graphics technology for Fallout 4.
BLBGDLz.png

==>
Dude, I'd trade my balls to have a blinged up skull!
59WSyts.png

==>
:(
UHc769z.png

==>
We discover a city!
KZMMPdW.png

==>
It is not very well represented on the static screenshot but ash corpses decided to come alive and add to still pretty piss poor assortment of adversaries. Luckily, they're only annoyingly loud and pose no serious threat, even in numbers. Being made of shitty ash doesn't help them.
71qPd01.png

==>
I was looking forward to getting a crossbow but then quickly realized that I'm way to clumsy to not get killed by it slow reloading time.
zxz0hPj.png

==>
Black Skeleton Of Infernal Circle! Nah, just a glitch.
8gtCJBg.png

UmnUBKD.png

==>
Classic peasant dumbfuckery
VEutjNJ.png

EuKAgC6.png

==>
Oh my, if third game in a row I try will have signs of sorcery in it I think I'll do.. something... :?
qsMz5Jt.png

==>
iyrCKYP.png

==>
Shut you whore mouth and accept my gifts!
XndJnkZ.png

==>
Looking at these sweet maps makes me want to mess around in one of those fantasy map making programs where you can draw rivers, plant trees, ruins, houses, etc. Anybody got a lead on a good one?
yoqv1GT.png

==>
More ash assholes. You can destroy one before activation but it doesn't matter. They always activate all at once and die from single hit anyway, so fuck it.
M9alb0e.png

==>
Spying on Goplan's gord. Duke wants to know all about their activities and strength of arms. And I will not fail! :outrage:
UwXl8Fs.png

==>
Our mysterious benefactor runs into trouble of his own
7tecHgt.png

==>
Red Hood recalls her crappily repressed memories and not a single fuck is given.
EdfItcz.png

==>
Also, we finally find that ever elusive spade(apparently entire colony had only a single spade to work with, my opinion of their competences just skyrocketed) game mentioned early on. It is required for digging up stashes hidden under rocks. Stashes that were all over every location in the game... you can keep your random shit and coins, game. :roll:
k4oBYvw.png

==>
Derp Deep Forest is just one big boring location with minty atmosphere
EBsOwH6.png

9X8xOJQ.png

==>
It's also loaded with those fuckers. Great idea here devs, spam the second before last location of the game with your most annoying of all creations. And since I haven't said much about them... they are fast moving explosive shitheads armed with short bows. They shoot at you once and run away quite a distance before their turn around and attack you again. Nothing special but in practice they are tedious to deal with pests and somebody thought up a great idea to use them in waves.
llMveAm.png

==>
Demons suck at planting fake evidence
KO73wqB.png

==>
He's the best character in the entire game :love:
IGW65cj.png

==>
Final location, some fucked up forest that's stuck in Plane of Shadow
inbhpVc.png

5j20zdH.png

==>
If suffering had such an effect on our world as it has in this game we'd be deep in some whirlwind shitstorm pandemonium grimdark apocalypse
1YRq9XX.png

ugYKHWP.png

RP8lcO1.png

==>
We cheer her up with eaten up corncob. We are such a master of gifts, just few more and she won't refuse to shit on our chest.
DQ3Vow0.png

==>
Not being sure what to do next we grind some skeleton's gears by grabbing his silly mugshot and then spam it all over his facebook page. He'd slit his wrist, alas he has none.
JnS9pZ3.png

==>
After dicking around for a bit I get some progress and our current mission is to put all the spirits to rest. So now we are counselor instead of janitor. We also get to choose where to send any of the ghosts. Most are peasants and so they go to hell, probably for conversion into hellish bricks or whatever is being made from crappy souls like that. Several special snowflakes though, I send them to haven for their exquisite deeds.
jRSZI5s.png

Kdh0kqI.png

xH5T3am.png

9tK9Yaw.png

==>
Having done all that we pay a visit to Charnel Babe and she's very happy to see us. So happy in fact, she throws us a party and all the cool people show up!
8pWqQxw.png

==>
Like this upgraded shadowskull monster
3x64ufc.png

==>
Daww, cute little twins!
Jl8Ud1E.png

==>
After we're done we return to Red Hood to deliver the news and she teleports away leaving us with small invasion of Red Suckers to deal with.
ANdLO2H.png

WNiBqPw.png

==>
That is the most powerful rifle musket in the game. Stuff like that you get as the quest rewards.
4T1uedb.png

==>
World Map is complete
4Oe9zkn.png

==>
We return to spooky forest and find it returned to prime material plane.
wNeOCT4.png

==>
Looks like Red Hood buried Charnel Babe in proper grave when we were busy with Red Sucker. Ahh, the happy end. Vengeful spirit has been appeased and we can finally get on with our liv...
HFff5Qp.png

==>
BOOM! Neck twisting cliffhanger ending! Everything is gone and we are stuck with some giant wraiths.
T4C6jL3.png

==>
Why thank you, I'll be sure to DELETE EVERY SINGLE MOTHERFUCKING FILE OF YOURS YOU PIECE OF SHIT GAME!!! :x
hgrSyTx.png

Oof, that was something. I can't imagine my reaction if this bloated post fails to upload :lol: But let's not worry about that, I got a game to rate:

Good stuff:
- combat is pretty fucking cool, very fast and lethal
- environments are beautiful
- scary moments are better than average...
- ...but it's mostly because of unique setting which is also very cool

Shit:
- goddamn hipster faggot 'artistic choice' to cover the game in that eye gouging hyper contrast black&white and renegade extreme red, but the former can be removed so the game looks fine most of the time
- repeating the same action and expecting different result is definition of insanity, yah? Well, that game is a mental asylum then. Fun at first combat quickly turns into ridiculous grind, every single quest involves blind following of auditory quest compass and is exactly the same in nature, every discovery of some "dark secret" is exactly the same boring process of confronting demented ghost with evidence that's usually trashed all over the landscape
- at first refreshing and intriguing, leaving the story development to player talking with ghosts and gathering notes and such soon becomes obvious laziness on developer's part
- nearing the end you are getting much less info about what to do, quest compass stops working and you just waste time walking between several key points to find the one that moves story forward
- also, unless you're really into hiking or very lucky you may not be able to get into the shadowplane of Deep Forest without a walktrough as quest compass doesn't show you the location of the final bell. It could be a bug, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was deliberate attempt at making the game longer
- there is no armor to buy, only shitty charms. All the Red Suckers have proper plating and helmets making them that much harder to kill with anything but high quality weapons but we are stuck in whatever clothes we had on us when we crashed on the beach. That's pretty stupid and unfair.

Overall: :3/5: if you like headaches and dumb labor

I think this game would be amazing if it was more like Deadhunt and also had some online deathmatches. Combat would be so sweet with live opponents.

Also, I think your time and money(if you're the buying sort) would be better spent on a movie called Valhalla Rising.

THE END

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Cabloowie, I beat the game. This fight was actually harder than I thought it would be, mostly due to the vast amounts of spells flying around, and the fact that I accidentally equipped my ranger with explosive arrows, Sarevok himself was just HP bloated and not that interesting. It all worked out in the end though.

Now I'm going to play the second game with the same character which I haven't done before. I've only played them once each and that was a very long time ago, I'm not even sure I have finished them so it's a fresh new experience for me. Word is that bows sucks in BG2 and especially in ToB, so I'm thinking of either taking the stalker kit or just remaining a standard ranger with some flexibility. What's the most viable option for rangers in BG2 and what weapon proficiencies should I get? I don't want to get shafted because the game doesn't have any good X types of weapons.

What resolution is that? Are you using a widescreen mod?

Bows are weaker in the sequel because everybody moves faster and their damage doesn't scale well compared to melee and magic, it's still very viable though, especially if you pick archer kit (they get a pretty hefty bonus to their ranged damage, +1 every 3 levels IIRC). However if you want versatility (archer kit sucks at close range, you can only put one * in melee weapons) pick stalker as they have literally no drawbacks compared to vanilla ranger (you can't wear armor greater than studded leather, big fucking deal, there are many powerful leather armors in he game) while getting a few useful abilities (x3 backstab and a few mage spells).

Regarding weapon proficiencies, can't go wrong with katanas, hammers, flails, quarterstaves and short bows (if you pick stalker, be mindful that you can't backstab with weapons a thief can't use) but on the whole most weapon groups are represented well in BG2.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Seerix said:
- repeating the same action and expecting different result is definition of insanity, yah? Well, that game is a mental asylum then. Fun at first combat quickly turns into ridiculous grind, every single quest involves blind following of auditory quest compass and is exactly the same in nature, every discovery of some "dark secret" is exactly the same boring process of confronting demented ghost with evidence that's usually trashed all over the landscape
- at first refreshing and intriguing, leaving the story development to player talking with ghosts and gathering notes and such soon becomes obvious laziness on developer's part

This is the same conclusion that I reached. At first the game looks and feels SO promising, but when I realized that the remainder of the game consisted of doing the EXACT SAME THINGS over and over again, I almost felt heartbroken and gave up.

There is hope that the developers actually replace some of the repetetive content with some other content, but don't hold your breath waiting for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom