Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Cvilidreta

Novice
only thing i know is that richard garriott is still imprisoned
iQnBqw8.png

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Decided to play a round of AoW I, AoW:SM and AoW III. They are all pretty good gameplay wise, but I still enjoy the audio and visuals from AoW I the most. AoW:SM and AoW III are just too busy and the 3D is harder to parse than the tidy graphics of the first title. The overland map also looks like a hodge-podge in AoW III and unnatural in places where different climate tiles meet. I miss games that look like AoW 1, HoMM2/3 and Disciples 2.

Screenshot-168.png

Screenshot-171.png

Screenshot-173.png

Screenshot-164.png

Screenshot-165.png

Screenshot-177.png

Screenshot-186.png

Screenshot-187.png

Screenshot-189.png

Screenshot-188.png

Screenshot-185.png

Screenshot-184.png

Screenshot-191.png

Screenshot-195.png

Screenshot-199.png

Screenshot-200.png

2024-01-20-17-46-34.png

2024-01-20-17-46-27.png

2024-01-20-17-46-22.png

2024-01-20-17-46-15.png

2024-01-20-18-22-23.png

2024-01-20-18-29-06.png

2024-01-20-18-32-27.png

2024-01-20-18-32-36.png

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
longdark-woodendeer.jpg

Was hunting this deer for dinner, shot it, chased it down, and noticed that it had phased itself through physical matter and remained half-submerged in a chopped down tree log. The deer was no longer interact-able, so this time traveling deer escaped the clutches of my venison seeking hunger.

ferratilis

Magister
On my replay list.
This and its sequel - Elite Force 2.
Great games.
I replay them every few years, because there are no modern games with this kind of game design anymore: mission > central hub > mission > central hub etc. With an interesting cast of characters and each mission being set in a different environment/biome. I guess that's too expensive for modern developers. Games like Jedi Outcast/Academy, NOLF 1/2, Elite Force 1/2, Soldier of Fortune 1/2, Deus Ex etc. provide that experience, and still hold up incredibly well. Thief 1/2/3 as well. Modern games pale in comparison in that regard.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
On my replay list.
Great games.
I replay them every few years, because there are no modern games with this kind of game design anymore: mission > central hub > mission > central hub etc. With an interesting cast of characters and each mission being set in a different environment/biome. I guess that's too expensive for modern developers. Games like Jedi Outcast/Academy, NOLF 1/2, Elite Force 1/2, Soldier of Fortune 1/2, Deus Ex etc. provide that experience, and still hold up incredibly well. Thief 1/2/3 as well. Modern games pale in comparison in that regard.
Virtual Voyager mode is so cool.
I wish they had a similar mode in Elite Force 2, as you only get to explore some of the ship and talk to people in between missions.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Trying to play Spark with my gamepad is just simply not comfortable so for now i am back to shooters
The Citadel
thecitadelWin64Shipp.png

:shredder:
5b0thecitadelWin64Shipp.png

I assume that this is a difficulty select.
99dthecitadelWin64Shipp.png

By the way, this game was made by a single japanese person with an interest in that genre of hentai which involves cute animu girls getting horrifically dismembered or mutilated.
Just wanted to mention this.
c6dthecitadelWin64Shipp.png
299thecitadelWin64Shipp.png

Most of my deaths so far were from trying to perform this jump.
8afthecitadelWin64Shipp.png

This game has no quick saving by design as i understand it. Took me a bit of time to get used to this.
eb0thecitadelWin64Shipp.png

Rifle alt-fire is pretty strong.
7e0thecitadelWin64Shipp.png

This is how the level exit looks like here.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
On my replay list.
Great games.
Elite Force 2 is probably the best looking Quake3 engine game.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
On my replay list.
Great games.
Elite Force 2 is probably the best looking Quake3 engine game.
Indeed.
Very good looking character models too.
Kleeya especially...

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

Your character went full Patrick Bateman.
There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable:
I
simply
am
not
there.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Munro is a Chad.
From Voyager to Starfleet teacher of small unit tactics AND then assigned by Picard to reform the Hazard Team on his ship - The Enteprise E.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom