Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Stokowski

Arcane
Hundreds of useless consumables in your inventory? Yup, it's a CDPR game alright. The only studio to give Larian a run for their money when it comes to shitty itemization.
Screenshot-33.png

Wait, are those crayons in the consumables tab? Is this setup for marines?

spekkio

Arcane
Time to take out the evil-dragon-summoning trash!

KfzEgjF.png

Kxi776X.png

FPHDF1S.png

oJdU7gq.png

po82OeY.png

:butthurt:

Next: evil girl-stealing dragon itzself!

XUgZPk4.png

But first, we have to pick up all the chicks.

LwMusek.png

AYbcQaa.png

cWD3SOy.png

KJQU9q3.png

:mca:

yWF1jIk.png

UBLTzdT.png

oPRzjxY.png

:yeah:

MXpgMeM.png

DG1IASp.png

NiGCvqP.png

p7lTEiu.png

:dance:

MVPs:

QWTqd5V.png

43B62Nk.png

9yJgKph.png

:obviously:

Sis Anette wasn't half bad either:

bqBnn1B.png

:bro:

bzIAzQL.png

D for tactics? Fuck you! :cry:

BNTMSo3.png

Below 30 hours? Well, we gotta pump those numbers up. And there's a way to do this (7 more missions):

avbiixQ.png

XgHeIQU.png

PuwQ18K.png

e3DqsOY.png

:incline:

Werdict: :5/5: and easily one of the best Fire Emblems, on par with GBA ones.
And if you wonder why catfood rates all post with japanese games "M'lady" - well, he's North Korean and some japanese duche fucked his grandpa in the ass and ate their family's last rat during WW2. So it's a personal matter, unfortunately. :(

Last edited:

JDR13

Arcane
I'd love to see MP 1 & 2 get remastered
How the fuck can people still say this after almost every remaster being an absolute turd.

Most remasters are turds because they were lazily done or because they tried to change or add something to the game that wasn't necessary.

We'll never see remasters of Max Payne 1 & 2 anyways. Remedy doesn't even own the IP anymore.

Riskbreaker

Aye, for them raw pixels seen up close on your yuge LCD is how it's Meant To Be Played. That's exactly what the developers wanted you to see.
It is known.

Drop Duck

Learned
Most remasters are turds because they were lazily done or because they tried to change or add something to the game that wasn't necessary.
Wouldn't a remaster of two Max Payne games be superfluous in the the first place, mate? I don't see what they could improve without ruining the game. Higher resolution textures would not just mess with the original artistic vision but clash with the low poly models. The first game already underwent an art overhaul while being in development. When Remedy originally started building the game in 1996 it was conceived as cartoony, it was only later they changed to photorealism.

LxxOuga.jpg

The final game is as good as it is ever going to look, with the exception of some graphical tweaks by amateurs to give it a correct widescreen FOV and making the sound work on modern Windows. If they upped the polycount of the models and introduced modern shaders the look of the game would also become lost and it would look like Max Payne 3 at best, that GTA remake at worst.

You are also ignoring that even a recent game like Alan Wake saw a so-called remaster that made the game look slightly worse.

To me the game holds up and doesn't need a remaster even if it would have been a good one.

Y1PsHwF.png

FzjNzC4.png

s7zfErY.png

tTB3fg6.png

LwaJwJ3.png

The textures are detailed enough that you can make out a tiny viking ship on Payne's necklace. The graphic novel parts also hold up on 1080p, even in fullscreen.

rqCi6Fp.png

GuJSEJt.png

I'm sure you could get some intern to run the source photos through a photoshop filter and add some much desired comic sans, up the contrast and make all surfaces oily and wet and maybe use an AI upscaler, but I just don't see the point of that. Just like I don't think the green filter and subsequent alterations improved The Matrix as a film. In fact, the early 00's experience of Max Payne is a big part of what makes it so good.

vXR8IuB.jpg

deem

Savant
How is it? Most people say the first half is great but it turns to shit in the second half. Yay or nay?

I like the game but I would not call any of it 'great'. It has uncomplicated, Diablo-esque combat, nice art style and quests that (it seems to me) can be solved and conclude in several different ways. I took a break from it for a few months and recently picked up where I left off so I don't know how far into the game I am.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom