Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I might buy this game. But not for so many euros and with decent titty mods.

Myobi

Liturgist
I might buy this game. But not for so many euros and with decent titty mods.
I got good news for you, the "ENGINEERING MANUAL FOR MODDERS (DIGITAL)" is ONLY 12.30 USD!

... as soon as you buy it, you just need to wait until they finish the game, then you need to wait until they give you access to the server software to setup private servers, which if I remember correctly, won't really fucking happen anymore.

Virgil Brummond

Educated
CIG's head "Community Manager" denies reports of Theatre of War's cancellation and insists that CIG are hard at work on the next generation multiplayer combined arms experience.

pcY7CeMH_o.jpg

Leinhart

Literate
This game development has been interesting as fuck to follow.

I am sure some fans have enjoyed their time and money on the game but the cult like behaviour some of them show is worrying.

Elthosian

Arcane
I just sold my 180 USD package for 300 bux after PP fees. Taking into account inflation and the devaluation of my country's currency in the last 10 years that's more than 2 times what I paid earlier. Amazing way to get off this ship.

Thanks for the tip Myobi :salute: :salute: The buyer was pretty chill and can probably grab some extra on top of that if patient enough to re-sell it but I'm pretty satisfied with this outcome.

Angthoron

Arcane
I just sold my 180 USD package for 300 bux after PP fees. Taking into account inflation and the devaluation of my country's currency in the last 10 years that's more than 2 times what I paid earlier. Amazing way to get off this ship.

Thanks for the tip Myobi :salute: :salute: The buyer was pretty chill and can probably grab some extra on top of that if patient enough to re-sell it but I'm pretty satisfied with this outcome.
Oh nooooo

Star Citizen ships are going to go up in price like the Buttcoin

You just lost 15 trillion dollars man :<

Perkel

Arcane
I don't understand how people can spend like 100$ on game... that isn't even out yet. I am yet to spend 1$ on it.

NwNgger

Educated
CIG's head "Community Manager" denies reports of Theatre of War's cancellation and insists that CIG are hard at work on the next generation multiplayer combined arms experience.

pcY7CeMH_o.jpg
I see this all the time as a former backer of SC. CIG hype up a feature, get bored and forget about it and then mess around with it to updated it for the new pipeline. And then repeat the whole process. It's so completely wasteful. I don't want Theatres of War to be honest. I want Squadron 42 and the persistant universe. That was what was promissed. That was what should be worked on. But CIG never seem to realize that having a large pool of developers does not equal more effeciency.

ropetight

Savant

pcY7CeMH_o.jpg
I see this all the time as a former backer of SC. CIG hype up a feature, get bored and forget about it and then mess around with it to updated it for the new pipeline. And then repeat the whole process. It's so completely wasteful. I don't want Theatres of War to be honest. I want Squadron 42 and the persistant universe. That was what was promissed. That was what should be worked on. But CIG never seem to realize that having a large pool of developers does not equal more effeciency.
Still have the original pledge, even stopped periodically installing the game to see if it gets better.
But whole SQ42 thing is weird, with their overly detailed development newsletters about implmenting some low level task.
More time is spent on writing of that newsletter than on development.

Elthosian

Arcane

pcY7CeMH_o.jpg
Still have the original pledge, even stopped periodically installing the game to see if it gets better.
But whole SQ42 thing is weird, with their overly detailed development newsletters about implmenting some low level task.
More time is spent on writing of that newsletter than on development.

Yeah, after getting an actual life it became clear to me I wouldn't have time to invest in the MMO and seeing SQ42 getting farther and farther away was the last straw. If it ever comes out I'll just grab it when they discount it.

Welp, I have decided to cash out too. Ten years ago I backed Squadron 42. Ten years later and still no game. I had fun playing SC during 2015/2016 when it was just a space station and three moons, but since then the game has become unenjoyable to play, and that wasn't what I was here for. Maybe I will come back if they ever release the singleplayer campaign, but I am holding my breath no longer. Today I sold my gamepackage on /r/StarCitizen_Trades. Thanks to Myobi and Elthosian for helping me out with that. Gonna buy some discounted games on Steam.

Myobi

Liturgist
Glad it worked out for you guys :bro:

You can now invest that money on my Unity MMO Space Sim Zombie Survival Battle Royal Tower Defense. It will be great, trust me.

Virgil Brummond

Educated

The SQ42 newsletters are clearly complete BS. It's just random gibberish that doesn't provide any meaningful information on progress or the overall status of delivery.

Elthosian

Arcane

The SQ42 newsletters are clearly complete BS. It's just random gibberish that doesn't provide any meaningful information on progress or the overall status of delivery.

Backer money being put to good use by using the GPT4 API to generate the updates. Rest of the money, of course, goes into hookers.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

Backer money being put to good use by using the GPT4 API to generate the updates. Rest of the money, of course, goes into hookers.

Kinda reminds of The Mandate kickstarter, where the devs would make massive updates discussing the rank structure of the fleet and other such nonesense and after a while it turned out that the game doesnt exist...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom