Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

DramaticPopcorn

Jesus, sorry I asked.

Beowulf

Arcane
Teaser - 0:33
Squadron 42: Behind the Scenes - Mark Hamill - 3:42
Squadron 42: Behind the Scenes - Character Pipeline - 7:23
Squadron 42: Interview with Mark Hamill - 4:51

So there is a 3,34% of real content in this influx of Mark Hamill teaser videos. 1:30 content:shit ratio.
And for a moment I was wondering there if they really have a game "close" to some kind of limited release, or it's just a PR action of dumping whatever they have to show "progress".

Go Team Derek :D
At least he provides genuine and challenging entertainment (with the challenge laying in the length of his rants)

Last edited:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pretty much all the marketing I've heard for SQ42 has been about the voice actors. The voice actors. I don't even have any concept of what the game is about, but I know they apparently thought it was a good idea to spend a shitload of money motion capturing a bunch of recognizable actors for what I assume is supposed to be some kind of Wing Commander-style game. There is something seriously wrong here if the voice actors are what they're most eager to show off.

Ninjerk

Arcane
360x200

Perkel

Arcane
Pretty much all the marketing I've heard for SQ42 has been about the voice actors. The voice actors. I don't even have any concept of what the game is about, but I know they apparently thought it was a good idea to spend a shitload of money motion capturing a bunch of recognizable actors for what I assume is supposed to be some kind of Wing Commander-style game. There is something seriously wrong here if the voice actors are what they're most eager to show off.

"I don't even have any concept of what the game is about"
"I assume it supposed to be some kind of Wing Commander-style game"

You do know. Plus economy based universe you can play online and offline.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

"I don't even have any concept of what the game is about"
"I assume it supposed to be some kind of Wing Commander-style game"

You do know. Plus economy based universe you can play online and offline.
I was just guessing based on the fact that this is a Chris Roberts project and it's focusing on real actors. What other reason would they have for hiring all these a- and b-list celebrities? Based on your description, though, it sounds like another case of Roberts promising more than he can possibly deliver, so I'm not surprised the marketing is focusing on something so trivial as the actors.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If this were simply a modern Wing Commander game it would have been finished by now. Oh... and it would have cost only a quarter of the money they've pulled in so far... Not surprising people are wondering what the fuck is going on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom