Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SATAN SATAN SATAN-Sol. Infernum PBEM MrStone gets upset win!

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Wow, that's really fascinating! I can't wait for the conquering to start. If this is anything like Civilization, it's only a matter of time until you get bored and start making trouble.

MisterStone

Arcane
Another day, another asswooping, for me at least. I am afraid I have shown weakness...

Heechee

Liturgist
Another day, another asswooping, for me at least. I am afraid I have shown weakness...

Have you lost one of your legions? I thought you had two, but I could be mistaken.

MisterStone

Arcane
Sure, I'll do another one if something happens... right now its just more scurrying around the map. And Trash is probably out enjoying real life on a Friday evening so chances are it will move a bit more slowly.

*edit* I got an automated message telling me that Trash's email was not delivered for some reason. I resent. If you don't have an email from me for turn 9 when you read this message, let me know Trash.

MisterStone

Arcane
chtd4angelevent.jpg

chtd4angelevent2.jpg

These pictures illustrate another important aspect of the game: events. Each turn one player serves as the "regent" of the throne of hell. In game terms, this means that their turn orders are processed first (each turn everyone simultaneously places orders in their 6 phase slots, and these are processed phase by phase, with the regent going first, moving clockwise around the "table"). Also, each time someone serves as regent, they get to draw an event card, which they hold onto until they wish to play it (which uses an order slot and often some resources). Event cards are played by players, but more often than not it is not known who put a card into play. About half the time it seems that they take the form of random events, though a seemingly random event can sometimes actually be a targeted one. Last turn one of Trash's legions was annihilated by "a capricious act of wrath". Now, that was definitely played by one player or another, but we don't really have any way of knowing who did it. :roll: There are two versions of that event card, one being a "targeted" version allowing the player to aim it at Trash, and the other being a random version that can hit anyone anywhere at random, so it is not even certain whether someone was trying to hit Trash. Ahem. :roll:

This turn, we have an Angel that has come down into hell to kick some ass. Again, someone played this card deliberately, yet the affects are not predictable. Or rather they are: everyone is going to get the shit kicked out of them. The angle is going to run around the board and trash legions, places of power that are under the control of various people, and so on. (You can see it as the golden game piece on the map in SS #2; it can fly 5 squares in any direction, so it should be able to destroy any legion you see there... no telling who will get it first). Since we are all rather weak now and have only one or two legions per player, the practical effects are that everyone's legions are going to get wiped off the map most likely, maybe some places of power will be lost too. Apparently someone wants a forced military cooldown!

The interesting thing is: someone played this card knowing that their own legions will get reamed. Chances are people will wait until the angel is gone and start buying up more legions and the like, then get back to bullying one another, but this will certainly take a while.

MisterStone

Arcane
I trust turn 14 arrived in good shape?

Anyway, I must say that I am disappointed by the lack of carnage from that angel so far. I hope the hooer gets on the ball and starts destroying legions.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Guess those gayngels buttfucked another legion into oblivion. Seems like there is quite a military buildup taking place. Perhaps some pilfer rituals are in order? :twisted:

dx__

Educated
Reading this thread made me want to buy this game.

Being unable to allocate $30 due to childcare costs makes me hate this game.

Heechee

Liturgist
Did someone just kick the angel's asses? Nice job.

I believe the event simply expired. The only legion that could destroy the angel was my default one, and then only under specific circumstances and with some luck.

MisterStone

Arcane
Walking fortress + flame legion maybe could have done it, or at least beat them to a draw.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The game has for me always confirmed it when a legion destroyed the angels. Perhaps it just expired? Anyway, time to escalate things a bit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom