Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sand Land [Akira Toriyama]

lametta

Educated

The maker of DBZ is involved.
MadMaxish, MetalMaxish JRPG.

Looks neat imo.

Last edited:

Poseidon00

Arcane
I don't know if it's pure luck or if Toriyama knows how to pick a project, but I genuinely enjoy most of the stuff he has put his artwork in. Especially Dragon Warrior Monsters. Everbody sleeps on that despite it outshining its competiters in the genre in every way.

Nathir

Liturgist
BY THE THE FAMOUS VIDEO GAME DESIGNER AKIRA TORIYAMA??? Preordered.

Duraframe300

Arcane
by now there are way too many game with it.
?

Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Blue Dragon (XBOX 360)
Dragon Quest (Various)
Tobal (PS1)
Licensed Games (Various)

That's about it. Unless you're complaining that Dragon Ball games look like Dragon Ball or Dragon Quest looks like Dragon Quest.

Last edited:

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
by now there are way too many game with it.
?

Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Blue Dragon (XBOX 360)
Dragon Quest (Various)
Tobal (PS1)
Licensed Games (Various)

That's about it. Unless you're complaining that Dragon Ball games look like Dragon Ball or Dragon Quest looks like Dragon Quest.

Yes, I would complain about Dragon ball and Dragon quest. They are both gigantic franchises with Toriyama art. His art is so strikingly unique that I really can't get behind it being stretched into so many different games.

I am not throwing shade here, I wish the guy all the success and if people enjoy it be my guest. I just don't really want to see more of Toriyama, I do not particularly like his Art-style, even outside DB and DQ, that is enough for me.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Title is Sand Land. I just point it out because title didn't show up in search.
Story trailer below.

A setting with a lot of vehicles, mechs and robots would suit his artstyle pretty well I think. I always liked the CapsuleCorp designs in Dragon Ball. I'm looking forward to this.

Makes me kinda want to go through some of the Metal Max games.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
image.png

I don't know about the fucking blinding background choice for this interview, but the game looks cool and, more importantly, he looks pretty enthusiastic about it which is always a good sign.

Jinn

Arcane
Pretty much every manga/anime game that's come out of Bandai Namco for the past 20ish years has been mediocre, so I'll be surprised if this is any different. Really hope it is though. Sand Land is awesome.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Pretty much every manga/anime game that's come out of Bandai Namco for the past 20ish years has been mediocre, so I'll be surprised if this is any different. Really hope it is though. Sand Land is awesome.

I had a blast with Scarlet Nexus.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom