Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SagerFallout (and other mods)

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Sarvis said:
That's the absurd part... every gunfight devolves into running into melee range so you can actually hit the enemy.
That's my experience as well. And either VATS is a cheatmode or the real-time combat is seriously underpowered, 5-6 headshots from medium range required to kill a human in rt. (Playing on normal.)

And even though I really tried to suspend my disbelief etc etc, the "Blood ties" quest is really, really bad no matter how you look at it. You can see Bethesda tried to do something in that quest, and they just failed.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Sneak attack headshots outside of VATS usually are instagibs on most enemies (although I'm lvl 19 and thus quite "powerful"). With VATS I'd either miss on long range or there is a high chance of not killing the enemy with a sneak crit. I only use VATS when enemies already noticed me and come into close range. Apart from sneak attacks and really close/long range I didn't notice much difference between VATS and RT concerning effectiveness.

And did anybody find any humor in the game yet? I only found 3-4 sad examples of trying too hard...

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I noticed the dialogues between the NPCs that you can overhear if you come close are written better than the PC - NPC dialogues :shock:

Hazelnut

Erudite
Shannow said:
And did anybody find any humor in the game yet? I only found 3-4 sad examples of trying too hard...

I found one thing in the game laugh out loud funny, possibly because it really took me by surprise. Related to the quest to find the declaration of independence... I don't want to give it away because that would make it lame when someone did find it.

Sarvis

Erudite
Hazelnut said:
Shannow said:

I found one thing in the game laugh out loud funny, possibly because it really took me by surprise. Related to the quest to find the declaration of independence... I don't want to give it away because that would make it lame when someone did find it.

I find Moira pretty amusing...

Sarvis

Erudite
Elwro said:
Sarvis said:
That's the absurd part... every gunfight devolves into running into melee range so you can actually hit the enemy.
That's my experience as well. And either VATS is a cheatmode or the real-time combat is seriously underpowered, 5-6 headshots from medium range required to kill a human in rt. (Playing on normal.)

And even though I really tried to suspend my disbelief etc etc, the "Blood ties" quest is really, really bad no matter how you look at it. You can see Bethesda tried to do something in that quest, and they just failed.

On rare occasions... well, once anyway... I've done a good amount of damage with the sniper rifle in free aim, when VATS would have only given a 40% chance to hit.

VATS is messed up, it's the only way to fight up close but the Vault Assisted <b>Targetting</b> System has trouble with anything more than 3 feet away.

Normally though, outside of VATS you're underpowered. People should not take multiple shotgun hits to the head and stay standing because you weren't in VATS mode. I really don't get how they tried to balance the two modes out...

For that matter, I don't get why you can't be even more specific with targetting in VATS. Why must I aim for the torso, rather than aiming for the heart area, for instance? I mean, you can target an ants antenna, which is a probably a tiny fraction of the size of a super mutants heart!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom