Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Sad Top Ten List

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f47eONJgLA

I've seen some sorry lists. but this takes the cake. According to these guys, Bioware is the vastly superior writer to Obsidian, Betrayal at Krondor doesn't exist, and several games from 2012-13 are the Citizen Kane.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
No PST on the list? Roffles.

Actually the individual entries deserve their place for the most part, except Bioshock Infinite and Mass Effect (and maybe Halo, I never played it). But it misses some games like BaK, and PST duuhh.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
I took one for the team, watched the video and wrote down his list so that you dont need to watch it:

10: Halo Trilogy

9: Final Fantasy 7

8: Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic

7: Zelda Ocarina of Time

6: Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater

5: Silent Hill 2

4: Mass Effect Trilogy

3: The Last of Us

2: The Walking Dead

1: Bioshock Infinite

with dramatic crescendo towards the number 1! So yeah, Bioshock Infinite has the best story of all times. You may rage now.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No PST on the list? Roffles.

Actually the individual entries deserve their place for the most part, except Bioshock Infinite and Mass Effect (and maybe Halo, I never played it). But it misses some games like BaK, and PST duuhh.

You would put PST on a top ten list? roffles, indeed.

Absalom

Seriously, another one of these threads? Christ Its almost it's a weekly affair

Borelli

Arcane
I took one for the team, watched the video and wrote down his list so that you dont need to watch it:

10: Halo Trilogy

9: Final Fantasy 7

8: Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic

7: Zelda Ocarina of Time

6: Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater

5: Silent Hill 2

4: Mass Effect Trilogy

3: The Last of Us

2: The Walking Dead

1: Bioshock Infinite

with dramatic crescendo towards the number 1! So yeah, Bioshock Infinite has the best story of all times. You may rage now.
acz2.jpg
What the fuck is this shit. It's like a checklist of things to do to not lose your mainstream audience. Is he like afraid of death threats or something if he puts Bioinfinite at second place?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I can tolerate several games on that list. One or two of them might even be good games. A top ten though? Jesus...

SophosTheWise

Cipher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f47eONJgLA

I've seen some sorry lists. but this takes the cake. According to these guys, Bioware is the vastly superior writer to Obsidian, Betrayal at Krondor doesn't exist, and several games from 2012-13 are the Citizen Kane.

The first time I heard the Citizen Kane line was for The Last of Us. It was a ludicrous comparison of course. I shrugged it off as nonsense. Then GTA 5 came and another dumbfuck came and compared it to Citizen Kane. And later the dumbfuck compared it to a "Dickensian approach" to our modern culture. Goddamnit. I hate it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom