Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Sacred boards the planes

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
So, people mistreated you because you are a "new face", huh? Let's take a look:

threeinchdick said:
xJEDx said:
...because there's no non-piracy reason to own a CD burner, of course. Especially since it's illegal to buy one now. I only got mine in a random loot drop when I took down a Dire Racoon in my neighborhood.
What are you some kind of company schill or something spreading this kind of bs propoganda? We have every legal right to make personal backups. Plain and simple.
First, you are to stupid to recognize sarcasm. Second, instead of admitting your mistake, you typed more stupid stuff. Third, instead of finally getting a clue or getting the fuck out, you came back to blame everybody but yourself. That makes you a fucking moron. Plain and simple.

Anonymous

omgserved.gif

nineinchnerd

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
First, you are to stupid to recognize sarcasm.

Too stupid to recognize -bad- sarcasm.

Second, instead of admitting your mistake, you typed more stupid stuff.

Only in response to some maniacal, hot-tempered jackass.

Third, instead of finally getting a clue or getting the fuck out

So fiesty. Everyone should leave that you don't like. Sorry I can't smell your pissy territory over the internet. Maybe when smell-o-vision comes out...

you came back to blame everybody but yourself. That makes you a fucking moron. Plain and simple.

I'm blaming an attitude like yours. At least my harsh attitude was by mistake.

nineinchnerd

Novice
DamnElfGirl said:
so I learned that you get mocked around here for saying something mock-worthy. So I try not to be a dumbass.

So its ok for everyone here to be mean and pounce on people as long as someone deserves it? :roll:

Spazmo

Erudite
nineinchnerd said:
So its ok for everyone here to be mean and pounce on people as long as someone deserves it? :roll:

Uh... yeah, spot on. The Internet isn't the place to look for people who'll turn the other cheek and all that.

Vault Dweller

Developer
nineinchnerd said:
Don't tell me you thought that xJedx really got his burner from a random loot drop.

Only in response to some maniacal, hot-tempered jackass.
Doesn't matter. You made a mistake. Whatever was said to you was in response to that mistake. Simply admitting the mistake would have settled it.

So fiesty. Everyone should leave that you don't like.
Absolutely not. That would be boring. We don't ban people, we don't lock threads. It's up to you to decide how long you want to make a fool out of yourself.

I'm blaming an attitude like yours. At least my harsh attitude was by mistake.
If you constantly need to blame somebody to justify your behavior, be my guest. I'm happy to be of service.

So its ok for everyone here to be mean and pounce on people as long as someone deserves it?
Yep, that's pretty much how it generally works. Do you disagree with that approach? Are you not a big boy or girl who should think twice before making a personal attack as your first post? Did you try to be nice in your first post explaining politely your point of view? No. Any questions?

xgambitx

Novice
DamnElfGirl said:
Funny, I'm a new face around here, along with several others. I haven't felt unwelcome, and most of the others who have started posting recently haven't been mocked. 'Course, I lurked for a while before I started posting, so I learned that you get mocked around here for saying something mock-worthy. So I try not to be a dumbass.

DamnElfGirl said:
I'm new here. Everyone here is an asshole. Don't say anything that will make them show their true nature.

Spazmo

Erudite
Users posting from this IP address
nineinchnerd [ 6 Posts ]
xgambitx [ 1 Post ]

Feel free to stick to just the one username, chief.

Spazmo

Erudite
NINEINCHNERD HAS A MASTER PLAN TO PLAY US ALL! Quick, everyone, check your safes--YOUR PRECIOUS DIAMONDS HAVE PROBABLY BEEN STOLEN WHILE HE DISTRACTED US!

nineinchnerd

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
Doesn't matter. You made a mistake. Whatever was said to you was in response to that mistake. Simply admitting the mistake would have settled it..

I already did. I said the sarcasm was missed.

Absolutely not. That would be boring. We don't ban people, we don't lock threads. It's up to you to decide how long you want to make a fool out of yourself. .

Oh it will be for quite awhile. I'm serious about gaming but not so on messaging.

If you constantly need to blame somebody to justify your behavior.

I'm blaming you for something else. It has nothing to do with my behavior.

So its ok for everyone here to be mean and pounce on people as long as someone deserves it?
Yep, that's pretty much how it generally works. [/quote]

Then don't make yourself appear to be blameless by diverting it all to me.

Spazmo

Erudite
But it is your fault. You're the one who acted like an ass in the first place. Ignorance of the 'law' is no excuse, son, even if ignorance seems to be your major defining characteristic.

Vault Dweller

Developer
nineinchnerd said:
Then don't make yourself appear to be blameless by diverting it all to me.
Well, I'm not blameless since you are obviously blaming me for something. As for you, I simply pointed out your double standards. In case you missed it too:

You start with:
What are you some kind of company schill or something spreading this kind of bs propoganda?
When your ass got flamed:

nineinchnerd

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
As for you, I simply pointed out your double standards.

I think I phrased it all as questions. I'm asking others if they feel it is right. Questions do not necessarily represent one's own view... especially considering I'm an ass too.

I think I will fit in quite nice here.

Anonymous

I feel it's quite okay to slap a person if they are deserving the slap, you being a dumbass, deserve a slap, so we dole them out.

suibhne

Erudite
nineinchnerd said:

xJEDx's post about a dire raccoon loot drop was objectively hilarious.

nineinchnerd said:
So fiesty. Everyone should leave that you don't like. Sorry I can't smell your pissy territory over the internet. Maybe when smell-o-vision comes out....

That, on the other hand, was not.

Btw, learn how to use the quote tags. They don't require higher-level reasoning, and they're damn purty.

DamnElfGirl

Liturgist
DamnElfGirl said:
I'm new here. Everyone here is an asshole. Don't say anything that will make them show their true nature.

I didn't tell you not to be a dumbass. I just said not to be one if you didn't want to be mocked. It's funny to watch newbies come in here playing Internet Cock of the Rock, only to find that instead of crying and telling you to be nice, the locals bite back. Honestly, it's one of the few ways to guard against all the trolls and idjits out there.

I'm here because the site and the locals amuse me, because the community demands thinking before posting, because nobody and nothing is sacred (except maybe turn-based combat), and because everybody has the chance to earn respect here, but it has to be earned. I like that. It's not to everybody's taste.

Oh, cute trick with the usernames, by the way. Nothing shores up an argument by inventing support for yourself!

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Nineinchnerd seems to be about as dumb as a dumb person could possibly get without referring to a term on the lower scale of human value.

Psilon

Erudite
One thing I've noticed is that these idiots always seem to fight it out, complaining that no one ever lets them contribute to the discussion due to all the flamage. This guy's a shining example, on par with Vectra[StupidClanTag]. Note that the only posts so far involve bitching at us. Even Bladen made one or two reasonably relevant posts in the midst of all his idiocy.

Oh, and for the record?

nineinchnerd said:
Psilon said:
If not, Jed's got even bigger problems than the raccoons.
Then you don't know for sure before you chimed in.
I was being facetious as well, dipshit. Since recognizing the slightest bit of wit seems completely beyond your stunted intellectual capacity, let me put it simply: there are no such things as dire raccoons and loot drops.

Astromarine

Erudite
nineinchnerd said:
Vault Dweller said:
As for you, I simply pointed out your double standards.

I think I phrased it all as questions.

Oh, all right then. That makes it fine.

Are you a fucking retard? Have your brains been extracted at birth, put in a blender, and fed back to you as formula? Does your mother weep at night when she contemplated her part in lowering the average IQ of mankind by several percentiles? Do you think the word "nincompoop" is accurate to describe yourself?

aah, this question-asking business is fun.

nineinchnerd

Novice
Psilon said:
One thing I've noticed is that these idiots always seem to fight it out, complaining that no one ever lets them contribute to the discussion due to all the flamage. This guy's a shining example, on par with Vectra[StupidClanTag]. Note that the only posts so far involve bitching at us. Even Bladen made one or two reasonably relevant posts in the midst of all his idiocy.

Oh, and for the record?

nineinchnerd said:
Psilon said:
If not, Jed's got even bigger problems than the raccoons.
Then you don't know for sure before you chimed in.
I was being facetious as well, dipshit. Since recognizing the slightest bit of wit seems completely beyond your stunted intellectual capacity, let me put it simply: there are no such things as dire raccoons and loot drops.

"One thing I've noticed when any "newbie" shows up, even if they been on the internet for 20 years, they are deemed a "newbie" because I am so arrogant and special and everyone is beneath me because I've been on this site longer than you idiots.

Oh, and for the record?

I'll make any excuse to divert the attention away from my ignorant bliss of not ever knowing what the other person meant."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom