Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Sacred 1.7 final is here

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Sacred

<A href="http://www.sacred-game.com">Sacred</a>'s <b>1.7 Final</b> patch is finally out. There's several versions, including the <a href="http://www.ascaron.org/sacred/sacred_eng_1.7.exe">international English</a> and <A href="http://www.ascaron.org/sacred/sacred_enu_1.7.exe">North American English</a> versions(There's also <A href="http://www.ascaron.org/sacred/sacred_ena_1.7.exe">an Aussie version</a> and a <A href="http://www.ascaron.org/sacred/sacred_fra_1.7.exe">Frenchie one</a>). The changelog for this new patch is freaking <i>huge</i>, so here's a small clip of it:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><li>Main or side quest NPCs could sometimes be attacked, especially after the world has changed (Invasion of the Undead). This problem has been fixed.
<br>
<li>Overflow when learning from runes (an increase in level above 255 led to level 0) has been fixed.
<br>
<li>Picking up specific items with ALT + left click when there is a large number of items on the ground is now possible without difficulties.
<br>
<li>Various errors with the main or side quests have been fixed.
<br>
<li>Texts of law will no longer be inscribed into the Enemies category when they are read from a scroll or book.
<br>
<li>All opponents will now have correct names (some bears were without a name, for example).
<br>
<li>The display of the resistance icons has been fixed. On occasion, when an item with a resistance was equipped the corresponding icon would disappear.
<br>
<li>Colors of item names have been adjusted.
<br>
<li>On occasion, the horses of the Shaddar'Rim would appear to be without a rider.
<br>
<li>The horse will now be correctly saved and it will pass on to the next difficulty level with your character.
<br>
<li>A rarely occurring crash when an opponent came into line of sight has been fixed.
<br>
<li>The effects of all special moves have now been fixed (Critical blow, -3 % life when hit etc.)
<br>
<li>All auras (i.e. after drinking a Potion of the Mentors) will now be gone after loading a character or a saved game.
<br>
<li>Sometimes items would indefinitely flicker above the character's head when the inventory was full. This has been fixed.
<br>
<li>A random crash that would occur when a spell was cast on the team portrait has now been fixed.
<br>
<li>Item names and damage values will now be displayed on the proper level (i.e. first floor, second floor, bridge).
<br>
<li>The damage bonus given by statues will now count towards spells.
<br>
<li>All opponents (for example Mountain Giants) should now have portraits in the logbook and the character statistics.
<br>
<li>The properties of the fourth hireling will now be displayed correctly.
<br>
<li>Wood Elf and Dark Elf can now wear their sunglasses (special item).
<br>
<li>The bonus calculation of Quick as a Flash was not working as intended and it has now been fixed: So far, the speed was invariably set to 220 when casting this spell.
<br>
<li>The character will no longer move while holding CTRL. This could happen when shooting at an opponent outside the line of sight (behind a tree for example).
<br>
<li>The novice should no longer appear outside the barrier.
<br>
<li>The list of sets in the inventory should no longer stretch to the outside of the screen when too many items of different sets have been equipped.
<br>
<li>Opponents who have had Transformation cast on them will no longer hit normally.
<br>
<li>Resistances of high-level opponents now work as intended.</blockquote>
<br>
So, if you didn't like the release version of the game, you should give this patch a whirl. It's a huge improvement on the way the game was shipped in terms of fixing bugs and tweaking the way the game plays.
<br>

Sol Invictus

Erudite
MP is working from what I understand. The English patch was postponed in order to coincide with the release of the international patch which had to be translated to both Russian and Polish. The German version of the patch runs on its own server so they had a release much earlier than everyone else because there were no compatability issues.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
The site says:

• The moment you have all been waiting for is finally upon us. Sacred 1.7 Final is now officially released.

The Lobby is now updated to version 1.7f. To play Sacred multiplayer online you will need to download and install the 1.7 patch first.

So, I'm guessing the multiplayer is now for just 1.7 players.

Halenthal

Liturgist
Actually in the 1.7 Settings program, there's a box marked 'Use old lobby' and with it checked you can log into the 1.66 version lobby to play your 1.66 characters there. I haven't tested that personally-been beta testing 1.7 so long I don't even remember my 1.66 characters.

As to the overall intelligence of leaving an older version lobby instead of devoting every server to the newest patch...bleh.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Is there a No-CD for this thing yet? The copy protection is a kick in the balls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom