Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Modron

Arcane
TeamK4L reminding you they are still there:

Misco Jones

Savant

RGG Summit Summer 2023 - 6/16 12:00 (JST)​

fvqluvbi7k2b1.png

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Every Yakuza villain said:
Hahaha, Kazuma Kiryu! You have foolishly been marching to the beat of MY drum! I was the one who orchestrated all of these events! I KNEW you would singlehandedly defeat that army! It was all a part of my shadowy scheme! Now... I will enact the FINAL portion of my MASTER plan... defeating you in hand-to-hand comba-ACK!

Vatnik Wumao
To be fair the villain in the song of life had a better plan than that. He organized an ambush complete with a helicopter attack to do Kiryu in, blackmailed the other yakuza to fight Kiryu to the death and kept his main minion in reserve if anything went wrong.

Caim

Arcane
Too bad the helicopter plan when tits up when someone left a missile launcher laying around.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
I still don't understand Yakuza 6's plot. You mean to tell me that Haruka just happened to fuck the heir of a giant organized crime conglomerate? Like, when the game first starts, you think she got run over because of her connection to Kiryu, but it had nothing to do with it at all and it's just the biggest coincidence in the world that the villains decided to assassinate the daughter of the one-man yakuza destruction machine. Then Kiryu at the end is like "I have to hide myself away so my identity doesn't harm my kids anymore..." I mean come on bro, it literally had nothing to do with you, except maybe giving Haruka a bad taste in criminal men and an apparent inability to keep her panties on.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Then Kiryu at the end is like "I have to hide myself away so my identity doesn't harm my kids anymore..." I mean come on bro, it literally had nothing to do with you, except maybe giving Haruka a bad taste in criminal men and an apparent inability to keep her panties on.

In fairness, although it wasn't relevant that time, Kiryu's adopted family has been used as bait/leverage several times before. So it was an understandable fear.

That said, Kiryu really destroys the whole point of leaving the picture when he keeps returning to the business. His involvement in 7 (and he is due to return in 8 as a secondary protag I believe) puts them in just as much danger in the future.

I really hope they address this for good in 8 and bring some final resolution to the character arc.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
In fairness, although it wasn't relevant that time, Kiryu's adopted family has been used as bait/leverage several times before. So it was an understandable fear.
Eh, the only time they were ever put in actual danger was Yakuza 3, and he didn't seem too stressed out about it after that. The only ones to put the orphanage's wellbeing in jeopardy after that were Haruka and Park. That's not to say that I don't understand Kiryu's decision in Y6; it's completely in-character for a guy who's selfless to a fault, and it emotionally works as an end to his story, but it also feels pretty tacked on when it had nothing to do with that game's plot.

If you ask me, the best ending for Kiryu is either Yakuza 1 or Yakuza 2. RGG fell off.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The best ending for Kiryu is a Yakuza 0 where, rather than return to the Yakuza, he remains a huge and luxurious real-estate developer and lives a long, blissful, Haruka-free existence. :M

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Som screens and info leaked for

Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name​

Click.

It's cool they are continuing both the action-adventure and JRPG styles.

On that note, I started playing Judgment earlier in the week. I can see why people say these games are so much darker than the Yakuza series. Literally 5 mins in and there is serial killing and gory murders occurring.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
I haven't played Judgement yet, but I 100% support them coming up with completely new storylines with new casts of characters. Kiryu's story got really retarded and it's great to have a series without all that baggage.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
RGG fell off when Kiryu let his woman move to America for her career and start fucking Handsome American Cop. But at least Kaoru sends their sex tapes to Kiryu, because he likes to watch.

vota DC

Augur
Isn't faking dead something that villains do in Yakuza series? Good guys just get the guilt and go in jail in place of them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom