Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Cologno

Educated
You miss a lot of the acting and scene work reading those lines,
Ha ha, don't trigger the weebs man, but yes, subtitles draw your eyes away from the action.

Though to be fair, much of the 'action' in Yakuza is two people in a room talking face to face for 30 minutes.
Well, right now, for me at least, the action is Majima making me his bitch in Y1 (figurred I'd start the main series there). That "Majima everywhere" meme ain't messing around. This shit sucks. That said, I think the next time I get it I'll be able to beat him.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I played 7 with the English dub and it really wasn’t all that bad. YongYea is so fucking awful as Kiryu that I won’t be doing the same with Infinite Wealth.

Modron

Arcane
I never really had too much trouble with 3, everything just takes longer because of upping a what ps3? game to 60 fps made the enemies block a whole lot more. But that didn't make them anymore deadly just made fights take longer.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I never really had too much trouble with 3, everything just takes longer because of upping a what ps3? game to 60 fps made the enemies block a whole lot more. But that didn't make them anymore deadly just made fights take longer.
Yeah that's fair.

frajaq

Erudite
actually laughed out loud at this text in this sidequest

eb3dl7P.png

Caim

Arcane
Judgment and Lost Judgment are now on sale at 50% off, so get them if you don't have them already.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Judgment and Lost Judgment are now on sale at 50% off, so get them if you don't have them already.

The whole series is 65% - 80% off except Infinite Wealth. A few of the spin-offs are "only" 40+% off. Perfect time for me to start playing, bought the whole main series (including first Like A Dragon at 65% off) :D

Last edited:

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Kiwami 1 is probably the hardest game in the series, FYI.
No it's only got some of the worst bosses.
Also 3 is harder.
Prison warden in y4 is pain
I'd take him over the running and gunning dudes any day. His buttons can be pushed.
Gaiden's Amon who heals up after landing a hit is the worst by far.
I fought the shades wearing bastard for like 30 minutes and eternity.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kiwami 1 is probably the hardest game in the series, FYI.
No it's only got some of the worst bosses.
Also 3 is harder.
Prison warden in y4 is pain
I'd take him over the running and gunning dudes any day. His buttons can be pushed.
Gaiden's Amon who heals up after landing a hit is the worst by far.
I fought the shades wearing bastard for like 30 minutes and eternity.
Amons don't count, they're cheating finks by default.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Seeing the sale for the series, I'm curious, I heard that some of the games got content removed in the western releases. How bad is it and does it apply to those versions?

Elttharion

Learned
Seeing the sale for the series, I'm curious, I heard that some of the games got content removed in the western releases. How bad is it and does it apply to those versions?
IIRC its mostly licensed songs and product placements. They also changed one of the main character models, Tanimura, on Yakuza 4 because the old actor had some controversy in Japan. There are also changes to the translation, which is a mixed bag because while they do tone down some jokes and remove others the original translation was horrendous.

The biggest thing is that in Yakuza 3 there are a few substories were you are chased by a tranny and his friends. If you fail its implied that the tranny rapes Kiryu. Kiryu also shouts things like 'you are not a woman' during the chase. They completely removed those from the remasters, Nagoshi said he wasnt confortable with them anymore but it was obviously cut because of pressure from the lolcowlizers. Of course they left in the game the conversation were they turn Kiryu into a mouthpiece to show support for a NPC modeled after a real life japanese tranny.

Thats what I personally remember, there might be more stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom