Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ruzar - The Life Stone (Dungeon Crawler RPG)

Nyast

Cipher
This kind of game lives or dies by the dungeon design, any feedback on that ?

Naraya

Arcane
Anyone played this? How does it compare to games like LoG or MMX (I haven't and won't play this because reasons).

It's currently 40% off on Steam.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I didn't got very far, initial maps are large but feel kinda empty, and overall I was pretty bored. Maybe it gets better later on

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Anyone played this? How does it compare to games like LoG or MMX (I haven't and won't play this because reasons).

It's currently 40% off on Steam.

It has one single character, one npc (I saw) at a shop, you gets quests, but it is more like LoG than MMX. It is a dungeon crawler and the game is about finding your way through dungeons with your traditional dungeon crawler puzzles.

The character building is decent.

I dislike games that are like LoG and I love games like MMX. I tried giving this game a fair shake since it does have a shop and some quest but the dungeon puzzles killed me on it. Same with Fall of the Dungeon Guardian, etc. I need games with more content and less puzzles.

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but it is all I can offer.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I wonder if that's also a reason why LoG 2 sold much less than the first part, everybody who played LoG 1 remembered that they actually hate pressure plate puzzles or the typical find the 4-pixel button, and that crap got much worse in the sequel

V_K

Arcane
I liked that the were very non-linear and interconnected, but it's probably the game's only virtue. The puzzles and encounters were all rather undewhelming. And, as Grauken said, lots of empty spaces and dead ends. Better get 7 Mages, it's on 50% sale currently and you'll get much more value for your buck.

DemonKing

Arcane
:necro:

Necroing this thread as I just finished this after getting it for $5 in a Steam sale recently.

If you really love grid based dungeon crawlers it's probably worth that much. Took me about 10 hours to complete.

Character development seems decent and all builds (melee, ranged, magic) seem viable, but saying that I finished the game without really unlocking a lot of the higher tier skills (I guess that's what NG+ is for).

Most of the combat is of the standard grid-based dance but they do mix it up a bit with slugs that leave acid behind them when they move and dumping you in arenas with lots of enemies and pits.

Other than that, expect a lot of fairly simple puzzles with pressure plates and teleporters. I never had to look for any answers to solve any of these as a few minutes was usually enough to work everything out.

They don't do a great job of explaining a lot of the systems (like how to memorise spells for instance) and itemisation is pretty dull. Ok for what it is, I guess?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom