Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Russian Kingdom Come Deliverance - Смута

Arbiter

Scholar
Smuta lasted for 15 years or so, as evidenced by the protagonist aging in concept art images. Do you think that developers will attempt to demonstrate the passage of time in the game world in a meaningful way? DA2 attempted that but it was not exactly a successful experiment. Fallout had initially been designed to showcase Master's army taking over settlements over time, but the idea was scrapped, perhaps due to budget constraints. Did any RPGs get that right?

Ryzer

Arcane
Smuta lasted for 15 years or so, as evidenced by the protagonist aging in concept art images. Do you think that developers will attempt to demonstrate the passage of time in the game world in a meaningful way? DA2 attempted that but it was not exactly a successful experiment. Fallout had initially been designed to showcase Master's army taking over settlements over time, but the idea was scrapped, perhaps due to budget constraints. Did any RPGs get that right?
Jagged Alliance 2?

Arbiter

Scholar
The final boss in the game should be hetman Żółkiewski guarded by dismounted hussars.

zolkiewski_okladka.jpg

Modron

Arcane
Exile 3, the longer you take to clean up threats the more damage they do to cities.

Harthwain

Magister
Smuta lasted for 15 years or so, as evidenced by the protagonist aging in concept art images. Do you think that developers will attempt to demonstrate the passage of time in the game world in a meaningful way?
Concept arts are one thing. Reflecting the passage of time organically is harder to do. Technically you could break the game into chapters and have the main character look differently in each. Or they might already plan to break it down into a series (kind of how Kingdom Come: Deliverence did).

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
"politics" is apparently prohibited in this thread yet open up any other thread and it's just the usual suspects ranting about how the colour purple is an insidious plot by someone named Globo Homo (an alias I'm sure) to infect your kid with THE GAY.

Curious.

vazha

Arcane
no English subtitles :(, is there a Russian or a russian speaker to explain what he just said?

"The protag is a young guy. He's initially sided with the poles. Goes through the trials of the story, becoming a man and a Russian patriot." (rofl)
So will you be able to liberate Bilhorod in this?
In general, I approve. Time of Troubles is my favorite period in Russian history. Pity it didnt last longer though.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
no English subtitles :(, is there a Russian or a russian speaker to explain what he just said?

"The protag is a young guy. He's initially sided with the poles. Goes through the trials of the story, becoming a man and a Russian patriot." (rofl)
So will you be able to liberate Bilhorod in this?
In general, I approve. Time of Troubles is my favorite period in Russian history. Pity it didnt last longer though.
I really want to have a choice of remaining in Polish service. After all, RPGs should be about choice & consequence. Imagine Fallout: New Vegas but you could only serve Caesar's Legion. It would simply be a worse game.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I really want to have a choice of remaining in Polish service. After all, RPGs should be about choice & consequence. Imagine Fallout: New Vegas but you could only serve Caesar's Legion. It would simply be a worse game.
Considering the current day and age, the RPG should be about romancing the thot Marina Mniszech and making cucks out of both False Dmitries and that traitorous fuck Zarutsky.

Reinhardt

Arcane
"politics" is apparently prohibited in this thread yet open up any other thread and it's just the usual suspects ranting about how the colour purple is an insidious plot by someone named Globo Homo (an alias I'm sure) to infect your kid with THE GAY.

Curious.
aaaand another pedo went from "all animu userpics are bad and ebul" to "reeeeeeeeeeeee! codex iz being mean to lgbtbbq+ bipocs of color!" just in a matter of days.
as always - virtue signalers are most degenerate fags.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I really want to have a choice of remaining in Polish service
why would you want to join side of losers? tho i admit - would be funny with game ending Taras Bulba-style in this case, where traitor got bitchslapped by his father.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter

Curious.
aaaand another pedo went from "all animu userpics are bad and ebul" to "reeeeeeeeeeeee! codex iz being mean to lgbtbbq+ bipocs of color!" just in a matter of days.
as always - virtue signalers are most degenerate fags.
word-saldad-bowl-illustrator-graphic.png

Harthwain

Magister
I don't think Fallout: New Vegas is a proper comparison. Kingdom Come: Deliverance is probably closer to what this game wants to be. So I wouldn't expecting having more than a single side. Probably very linear, too. Not only because of the obvious current political issues, but also because it'd add a whole load of work just for your "picking side choice" to not be a cosmetic one (with the cinematics, the story, etc.).

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The leaker says he wasn't contacted by anyone, didn't receive any strikes, and decided to upload the whole build (the link was deleted by the website for piracy concerns), because he thinks the company doesn't exist anymore. Says he tried to find it, but couldn't. Its office existed a year ago, but not anymore. And he could only find 5 guys on linkedin who had it in their bio, but they're all remote and don't seem to work there now.

Maybe the Poles have won, who knows.

I'm trying to get the link out of curiosity.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Talked to the leaker. He says it's all just guessing on his part, he doesn't know anything.

It's probably nothing. Though you have to admit, the website of the company is truly impressive https://cyberianova.ru/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom