Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Rumor] Bioware to get Warhammer 40k licence

Kirtai

Augur
They also hid a price hike in the changeover from lead to pewter metal miniatures. Which were not exactly cheap as it was.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Maybe bioware will make a tactics rpg where you have to buy individual dlc's for different models :lol:
More likely an action-RPG where you play as Guilliman. There will be also a "play as the EMPRAH" DLC, and he will still need a full sword combo to kill an Ork.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
This could actually work on a Bioware level, provided they have Tau as the good guys and Dark Eldar as the bad guys, so they can go full weeaboo/sexual deviant.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Of all the things for bioware to rape, why 40k? Wasn't starwars enough?

Nigger, please. After all George Luca$ himself did to Star Wars (well, maybe not personally, but through Luca$ Licen$ing), what Bio has done was merely mildly discomforting.
True enough. I'd rather see almost any other developer take on 40k than see bioware take a shit on it. The IP is a personal favorite of mine. We should get more quality 40k video games, not less.

I actually share this sentiment. I like 40k, and Bio would do terribad things to the setting. On the other hand, much like Luca$ harmed SW many times more than Bio did, GW themselves have already harmed both 40k and WFB in ways unimaginable to Gaider or the Hamburgess.
Yeah.. the necron/c 'tan retcon and draigo immediately pops to mind.

Yeah. Also:

Multiple
Simultaneous
DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Of all the things for bioware to rape, why 40k? Wasn't starwars enough?

Nigger, please. After all George Luca$ himself did to Star Wars (well, maybe not personally, but through Luca$ Licen$ing), what Bio has done was merely mildly discomforting.
True enough. I'd rather see almost any other developer take on 40k than see bioware take a shit on it. The IP is a personal favorite of mine. We should get more quality 40k video games, not less.

I actually share this sentiment. I like 40k, and Bio would do terribad things to the setting. On the other hand, much like Luca$ harmed SW many times more than Bio did, GW themselves have already harmed both 40k and WFB in ways unimaginable to Gaider or the Hamburgess.
Yeah.. the necron/c 'tan retcon and draigo immediately pops to mind.

Yeah. Also:

Multiple
Simultaneous
DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
uT6ZtCR.jpg

Sodafish

Arcane
all we know for sure is that 10 plastic models the size of a finger cost a fortune.
The prices are absurd.

Thinking about it, they must just love how fast 3D printers are developing. I wonder how they're going to cope.

Or you could do what I did with several miniatures back when I played 40k in my youth: use them to make my own rubber moulds and cast my own copies :troll:

Visbhume

Prophet
Can't wait to romance transgendered pansexual space orks!

Sorry to break this to you, but Warhammer has always had an homoerotic vibe to it. Its exaggerated aesthetic is like Tom of Finland with chainswords.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
I remember playing warhammer fantasy with paper templates. Fuck the gluing and painting nonesense, I want to get straight to the awkward movement rules, terrible LOS ideas and horrifically unbalanced races.
It was always fun to use the "rattling gun" to mow down elves of every color and nation.
sedway-warhammer-550x474.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom