Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGs that are unanimously praised by people of refined taste that you never could finish.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
tbh, i rarely finish games i play.
i do sink plenty of time in the ones i like, but more often than not i quit before the ending or in the later stages (when it gets too grindy/ boring/repetitive). i convince myself i would come back and finish them later on, but that almost never happens

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
I'd like to finish System Shock 1 some time, but I doubt it'll happen. Unless I have a guide open the whole time.

Haven't finished U7, but that's more because I genuinely dislike the game and have no interest in the setting, and not because of technical hangups.

Morrowind I'd also like to finish sometime, and I'll reinstall it every year or so and attempt it, but I inevitably end up getting caught up in all the side stuff and exploration and then get tired of the game before progressing with the main storyline.

Gozma

Arcane
I was Jesus Denton, ghosting through like the holy ghost and never taking a life...

until the plot forces me to launch a ICBM at a military base :rage:

I was watching an LP of Deus Ex, a game I really like, and realized I'd totally forgotten how psychotic that part was. I think I play the last fifth or so of Deus Ex in a bored fugue state because I already have all the upgrades and high-ass stats in everything so it falls into this RPG unreality.

On topic: Ultima N where N is an integer from 4 - however many ultimas there are, or a string containing the word underworld or martian something or other or it's ultima anything is what I'm trying to say

Ninjerk

Arcane
I was Jesus Denton, ghosting through like the holy ghost and never taking a life...

until the plot forces me to launch a ICBM at a military base :rage:

I was watching an LP of Deus Ex, a game I really like, and realized I'd totally forgotten how psychotic that part was. I think I play the last fifth or so of Deus Ex in a bored fugue state because I already have all the upgrades and high-ass stats in everything so it falls into this RPG unreality.

On topic: Ultima N where N is an integer from 4 - however many ultimas there are, or a string containing the word underworld or martian something or other or it's ultima anything is what I'm trying to say
Yeah, you start feeling the rush at that point. The guy that you kill in the silo has a unique model but I think he's only mentioned in passing in a dialogue or an email?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
never finished arcanum. some npc that was critical to a quest got bugged out because some random wildlife attacked me while he was near, and my last save was 10 hours before that. never picked it up again, which kinda sucks since it's the only troika game i haven't finished (multiple times).
never finished new vegas either, due to eventual boredom, which makes it and nwn2 oc the only obsidian games i didn't finish.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Pretty reasonable list, 2 out of 3 of these games have shitty gameplay, but Fallout is a strange one, yeah. It's a very good game and pretty short, too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom