Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCODEX GOTY Prediction: BG3 vs Starfield

What will be RPGCODEX GOTY?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
With Starfield’s release date almost upon us, let’s try to guess if it can win over what we pretty much can agree on is the current RPGCODEX GOTY: Bald Gay 3-some

Voting ends Sep 5

Let’s fight!

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It won't be Starfield. RPG Codex has a massive hate boner for anything Bethesda.

Yet loves CDPR. Figure that one out.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
I have noticed a constant truth that the more I hate something, the more of our earth's people love it and shower it with accolades. With this, I can predict award winners with 100% accuracy. Starfield is going to be too boring to truly hate, I often compare bethesda games to ativan. Baldur's Gate has such a cringe factor that it causes me physical pain to watch a short video clip. So, there's absolutely no question in my mind that Baldur's Gate will win this award and you can quote me on that.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I don't believe Codex Culture has changed to the point where a majority of its members would get enthusiastic about Bethesda-slop.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I don't believe Codex Culture has changed to the point where a majority of its members would get enthusiastic about Bethesda-slop.
Be careful, I've seen a lot of positive talk about Oblivion as of late. If we hold a vote of 'best game of 2023' in 2040, Starfield may come out swinging.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
1692836437701.png

Modron

Arcane
Dunno a bunch of weirdos around here love Morrowind.

Colony Ship will win the GotY and the butthurt will be glorious. Caves of Lore should come in second but no one here will play it.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Colony Ship will win the GotY and the butthurt will be glorious.
With Starfield, BG3 and Colony Ship coming out so late in the year, who will have the time to play all three to judge before the vote?

You're wayyy too optimistic. Colony Ship could win if the vote is in late 2024. Otherwise, my money is on the D&D TB game.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Baldur's Gate 3 will win the GotY here on the Codex and most gaming websites. It will also win Geoff's awards show. Gaming websites (pozzed to the gills with degenerates) and the Codex will be in 100% agreement on which game was the best of the year. In fact, I am predicting that BG3 will win by the largest margin ever. It will be a landslide.

It will win, not because it is a good game, but because a AAA studio made a game with most every sexual fetish as the primary selling point and also the focal point of the game, instead of those types of games being tucked away in the darkest corners of Steam where they belong. All one must do is look at the bulk of the conversations in both of the main threads that were created and some of the others too. Filled with cheering and accolades being thrown around, that a game features bestiality (furry = zoophilia make no mistake), pegging, blacks, domination, homosexuality, masculine females, feminine males, cuckoldry, chicks with dicks and more has finally been realized and accepted by the majority. The fact that there is a dick slider and a vulva selector is just an added bonus. The pronoun option has also been normalized. Perfect for the plethora of gender confused codexians. And the majority here couldn't be any happier knowing that this the new future for RPG's.

It's hard to believe that to reject these being a core part of an RPG is to be in the minority. That to call out these freaks is to be one of the few instead of the many. Baldur's Gate 3 will herald in more RPG's featuring this shit. Take note of the people enjoying Baldur's Gate 3 and see how some of them are the same ones who go into the JRPG threads and call them degenerates, how they are the same ones who shit on Bioware for being cucked, all the while getting their asshole pouded by a druid in bear form.

Yes, Baldur's Gate 3 will win GotY and those are the reasons why.

Self-Ejected
Baldur's Gate 3 will win the GotY here on the Codex and most gaming websites. It will also win Geoff's awards show. Gaming websites (pozzed to the gills with degenerates) and the Codex will be in 100% agreement on which game was the best of the year. In fact, I am predicting that BG3 will win by the largest margin ever. It will be a landslide.

It will win, not because it is a good game, but because a AAA studio made a game with most every sexual fetish as the primary selling point and also the focal point of the game, instead of those types of games being tucked away in the darkest corners of Steam where they belong. All one must do is look at the bulk of the conversations in both of the main threads that were created and some of the others too. Filled with cheering and accolades being thrown around, that a game features bestiality (furry = zoophilia make no mistake), pegging, blacks, domination, homosexuality, masculine females, feminine males, cuckoldry, chicks with dicks and more has finally been realized and accepted by the majority. The fact that there is a dick slider and a vulva selector is just an added bonus. The pronoun option has also been normalized. Perfect for the plethora of gender confused codexians. And the majority here couldn't be any happier knowing that this the new future for RPG's.

It's hard to believe that to reject these being a core part of an RPG is to be in the minority. That to call out these freaks is to be one of the few instead of the many. Baldur's Gate 3 will herald in more RPG's featuring this shit. Take note of the people enjoying Baldur's Gate 3 and see how some of them are the same ones who go into the JRPG threads and call them degenerates, how they are the same ones who shit on Bioware for being cucked, all the while getting their asshole pouded by a druid in bear form.

Cryyyyy me a riveeeeer XD

janior

Arcane
Patron

t. never played the game

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It will win, not because it is a good game, but because a AAA studio made a game with most every sexual fetish as the primary selling point
IF BG3 wins, it will be on the merits of its TB gameplay, despite all the romances and faggotry. Same reason DOS2 won.

And yes, jRPGs are infantile in most if not all aspects, Bioware is RTwP and popamole decline, and while one can object to whatever sexual stuff there is in BG3, pursuing it is optional AFAIK (haven't played), unlike jRPGs' infantile presentation and Bioware's popamole gameplay. In fact I don't see the distinction you want to make between Bioware and Larian here, as Larian is just continuing Bioware's cringy romance tradition, but adding superior TB gameplay and interactivity.

Man, you're truly displaying quite the butthurt, Mr. newfag, what with attacking all Codexers that don't perfectly conform to your view. A moral purity spiral mirroring the one we see on the left.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It will be BG3 because it is a non-gameplay divisive game with decent enough system and very high production value

Colony Ship might be a close second and unlike AoD it seems not to be gay fake "reactive" game which only important choice is what of the 4 separate games you want to play being chosen in character creation

BruceVC

Magister
With Starfield’s release date almost upon us, let’s try to guess if it can win over what we pretty much can agree on is the current RPGCODEX GOTY: Bald Gay 3-some

Voting ends Sep 5

Let’s fight!
Its a good question, I voted BG3

But around overall global sales I predict Starfield will sell more because of the marketing reach of Microsoft and Xbox, I realize this is not related to your poll but its interesting anyway

buffalo bill

Arcane
Dunno a bunch of weirdos around here love Morrowind.

Colony Ship will win the GotY and the butthurt will be glorious. Caves of Lore should come in second but no one here will play it.
I bought it and it crashes instantly on my laptop.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom