Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG of the Year 2014 Community Vote

Gregz

Arcane
Poll appears broken, I already voted...clicked on the OP link to check, and I could vote again if I wanted to.

3 days and 540 answers so far. I think we never had a survey this big... the Top 72 list only had about 360 votes - and it ran for 3 weeks.

The Codex doesn't even have 540 regulars, your data is flawed. This thing should be scrapped (after the lulz) and then take a real vote with user verification using the same method you did to get the top 72.

In fact, it's probably a bad idea to post any results from this poll...some asshat will quote the Codex as having voted DA:I GOTY, and even provide a link or screenshot to your false poll.

We have a reputation to uphold you know.

:killit:

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
Poll appears broken, I already voted...clicked on the OP link to check, and I could vote again if I wanted to.

The Codex doesn't even have 540 regulars, your data is flawed. This thing should be scrapped (after the lulz) and then take a real vote with user verification using the same method you did to get the top 72.

In fact, it's probably a bad idea to post any results from this poll...some asshat will quote the Codex as having voted DA:I GOTY, and even provide a link or screenshot to your false poll.

Not after what happened in 2009.

Ninjerk

Arcane

It's almost like it was a planned outcome

:mob:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Scrap poll, do our own. The data is too unreliable.

Better yet, do the above and keep the google poll. then once the real RPGOTY is revealed from the codex poll, compare results with the google poll to see how wrong the unwashed masses are.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I think we're leaning towards making this a "reader's choice" rather than a "community's choice", and yeah that would leave room for an actual community-only poll. Dunno tho lol

Ninjerk

Arcane
I think we're leaning towards making this a "reader's choice" rather than a "community's choice", and yeah that would leave room for an actual community-only poll. Dunno tho lol
There's a mole on your staff, Zed. A popa mole. The only question is who she's really working for.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

You guys woke the dragon. Now the 4channers will all make accounts so they can vote in the real poll.

Well, at least they're paying attention to us. I guess?

BulletLoco

Novice
The Codex doesn't even have 540 regulars, your data is flawed.

A lot of lurkers, though.

Also for the record my only other post received the sole response, 'butthurt nigger detected', which makes me happy. Never change, guys.

Weasel
It's funny how this kicked off with a debate about whether the award should be chosen by the staff, a panel of monocled gentlemen or the forum at large. Now we've reached a "reader's choice" and a debate about how many 4channers and other "non-readers" will be voting.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
It's funny how this kicked off with a debate about whether the award should be chosen by the staff, a panel of monocled gentlemen or the forum at large. Now we've reached a "reader's choice" and a debate about how many 4channers and other "non-readers" will be voting.
your debate is irrelevant tho

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
What if you have alts who want to express their opinions? Why should they be denied the very freedom of choice you take for granted? Better check your privilege, son.

Black

Arcane
Exactly, whatever diplomatic solution is going to be picked it's gonna be dogshit because democracy is A FUCKING POP CONTEST

I played new games and decided to re-vote, I'm assuming it isn't counted every time, that would be unfortunate as this is like my tenth time doing this.
Gotta fine tune my preferences you know?

Absalom

Yeah... its not like our user base's primary motivation is spite, or anything.

Didn't play 90% of these games, but I voted for every single one with my AGENDA
4176b27bc36c8cb4d6abc112da959079cacba14a_full.jpg

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The Great Wheel cosmologists have often theorized that RPGCodex is a pocket plane between the RPGWatch and 4Chan.

I guess that makes us True Neutral alignment (assuming RPGWatch is Lawful Good and 4Chan is Chaotic Evil).

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The results so far are still absolute incline and IMHO very similar to what the Codex thinks.

I would laugh really hard if someone organized another vote using the forum and got a more popamole result. :lol:

The results so far are still absolute incline and IMHO very similar to what the Codex thinks.

I would laugh really hard if someone organized another vote using the forum and got a more popamole result. :lol:

If my game doesn't win then I'll forever distrust the results.

You gotta be fucking kidding me

I'm listening.

He's talking about Dragon Age: Origins. But didn't Fallout 3 win in 2008? I would think that is worse than Origins, which is usually considered Bioware's last 'pretty good' RPG that was designed for PC first and console second (unlike Kotor and Jade Empire, which were clearly for consoles).

Granted, I think at the time it was because Bioware hadn't dreamed up how to make a Baldur's Gate-esque RPG that didn't lean on the computer side of things.

Last edited:

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
He's talking about Dragon Age: Origins. But didn't Fallout 3 win in 2008? I would think that is worse than Origins, which is usually considered Bioware's last 'pretty good' RPG that was designed for PC first and console second (unlike Kotor and Jade Empire, which were clearly for consoles).

I don't think there was a vote in 2008, the closest thing was DU's Year in Review, which encapsulates the hiveminds opinion on Fallout 3 pretty well.
DA:O winning is still worse than a hypothetical Fallout 3 win, because Knights of the Chalice was also released in 2009. There weren't any good RPGs released in 2008.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom