Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG of the year 2009

What is the best RPG of 2009?

• Cute Knight Kingdom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragon Age: Origins

• King's Bounty: Armored Princess

• Risen

• Torchlight

• Realms of Quest III

• Knights of the Chalice

• NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate

• Drakensang: The Dark Eye

• Hinterland: Orc Lords

• Borderlands

• Demigod

• Geneforge 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Xor said:
1) Dragon Age was not a good storyfag RPG. The plot made no sense, the world was bland, and the C&C was the typical superfluous Bioware fluff.

Is that so? This seems to state otherwise :smug:

2ykduls.jpg

And regardless, even if not counting Dragon Age, there was also Mysteries of Westgate as the good storyfag rpg.

2) aRPGs are not automatically bad. There is a considerable difference between Fallout 3 and NV despite what Skyway says.

I'm not saying aRPGs are bad. What I'm saying is, there might be a huge difference between Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but there's a grand canyon of difference between New Vegas and, for example, even friggin NWN2. And if there's 47569847564587 aRPGs being released, and no 'traditional' RPG, that's not a good sign.

3) Dungeon crawlers are not the only kind of RPG. Stop pretending they are.

:roll: Because I obviously meant dungeon crawlers only. Because there's nothing else apart from dungeon crawlers and aRPGs. FFS.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
so we count Divinity 2 and Drakensangs as which year? I'm confused.

putting them aside, we have:
2009: DA (very mediocre), Risen (even more mediocre), KoTC (good) and MoW (haven't played) versus New Vegas (very good), ME2 (fun), Brotocol (mediocre) and Eschalon (worthless). I'm not counting Vogelcore, as they even themselves out. 2010 > 2009 for me.
If we count Drakensang 1 in 2009 and the sequel in 2010, the margin is even bigger.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom