Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Shroud of the Avatar

Dumbfuck Weasel
"I printed up a little turtle for my Aunt" It's not just his Aunt. He was supposed to print multiple copies for all the backers of his fundraising. Yes, if you buy him a printer, he'll send you some prints! You can see for yourselves the number of prints he should have honoured. Instead, once the printer arrives at his home, he stops updating entirely. It's not about emailing me; I never asked for that, and would certainly never give him my email. Why REDACTED, do you think you know what it is? But at least now we "know" how many turtles he made. ONE. For his Aunt. Apparently.

But he'll post your real name all over the internet if he doesn't like you. That's not a sign of mental illness, nooooo....

Anyway, done with his drama. And yes I'll go back to reporting him, he's now posting my real name and links to my real life. I didn't "give him permission" as he says to do any of that shit.

YOU posted your real name, you reprehensible lying vermin, and tried to use it to get people criticizing Shroud of the Avatar banned at MassivelyOP, and anywhere else they reported on your scamming, dishonest ways. Once more, I screenshotted you doing it. You really think you can lie your way out of that anywhere where you can't manipulate the mods into deleting the evidence?

Just like you previously tried to claim your knowing your Shroud name (and second Reddit account) "VladamirBegemot" was "doxxing" you too.

If you'd had just had a little human dignity and accepted people hated what the game had become, it wouldn't have got this far. But you had to rampage around the internet abusing anyone who dared speak out, and tried to censor them and even slander them just to keep your foul real money business going. Even now you are under the weird impression you can hypnotise people and change your "Aunt" into your "Mum". Thing is... I can fully accept your entire family benefited from your Barnraiser scamming. What was it, a way to avoid taxes? To use their donations to make it look more honest, and then you refunded them the extra?

You still haven't published any information you ever bothered making the rewards, have you? In your weird world is "emailing" them a form of 3d printing? You honestly are one of the most appalling people I've ever met online.

Assuming "jammaplaya" isn't you, that is. But not sinking quite to his level isn't something to be proud of. Because you've spent the last year and a half watching victims of genuine stalking and harassment suffer, and escalated that to try and shut down criticism of a computer game. And you think you're the hero of this?

Shroud will be dead within weeks and you and your ilk are the main reason why. You've destroyed the entire legacy of the Ultima series just to make a fast buck and be a vicious, dishonest dick online. I hope the knowledge of that eats you alive for the rest of your days. But that would require a soul, and we all grasped you don't have one years ago. Even the people of Raw who haven't been able to keep their heads clear of your poison and hate me, still understand you're a snake for injecting it. No matter what you think of yourself to try and cope with that, I'll always know I can look down on you.

Now you go back to trying to spin up custom for your business, whilst I carry on working to nail Portalarium for supporting harassment. 30 days are up tomorrow; I'm looking forward to emailing them I gave them all the time they asked for in their own EULA, but they made no effort to honor their own claimed processes. So now I'm filling the paperwork and off we go to court soon!

All thanks to people like you!

Last edited by a moderator:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
So, you were the faggot holding up the review?

I didn't hold up anything. Infinitron claims he spent almost two weeks editing taxalot's original submission. I noticed the review only on Friday and couldn't bear how terrible it still was. That's when I took a stab at cleaning it up further.

When the very first paragraph of your "edited" version contains errors... I wouldn't quit my day job.

Editing isn't always easy. You have to strike a balance between grammatical accuracy and the writer's intent.

Feel free to submit your own version.

FireKing

Reginus Maximus
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
BritishAccentsGetTheGirls Jesus fucking Christ mate, have you gotten yourself checked for mental health issues yet? Jammaplaya, MrAdventurer, Vladamirbitchamot and whoever the fuck else you rant on about, are you sure these people aren't in your fucking head? Most of your links go back to reddit posts that you made, which is absolutely chicken jalfrezi mate! Though I do agree that ClockworkMonkey is a scamming little twat.

Dumbfuck Weasel
BritishAccentsGetTheGirls Jesus fucking Christ mate, have you gotten yourself checked for mental health issues yet? Jammaplaya, MrAdventurer, Vladamirbitchamot and whoever the fuck else you rant on about, are you sure these people aren't in your fucking head? Most of your links go back to reddit posts that you made, which is absolutely chicken jalfrezi mate! Though I do agree that ClockworkMonkey is a scamming little twat.

Hello brand new account made today! I'm sure you're totally expressing an honest opinion there! Especially the bit where you try the "if I agree with part of your statements, even though they contradict what I've just said, I think it's making YOU look insane!" So which is it, is Vladamir in my head, or is he real and a scamming twat? Do tell us which of the completely contradictory positions you really hold!

Dumbfuck Weasel
BritishAccentsGetTheGirls
If you have a lawyer... Why do you continue to write novels? Wouldn't one of the first things your lawyer tell you is to shut the fuck up?

It was always hilarious when you tried this on Reddit too; you even tried to make me question if he was a real lawyer, as if I'd somehow forgotten how to check. It must be hard living so disconnected from normal human reality that you don't grasp how ridiculous your desperate attempts at gaslighting are... You don't even apparently know what a Bar Association is.

But jamma, jamma (and yes it was obvious "Koss" was going to be your directly nasty sockpuppet amongst the many you've registered following me here too; don't forget to Like your own other posts like you do on the main forums!)... legal advice has never been to not talk about anything.

Give you a quick example, saying "Portalarium have done me wrong" and "I plan to fight that" is entirely fair comment and indeed, encouraged to be expressed often... because anyone who didn't obviously wish really, really hard to fight would be considered to be perhaps not entirely believing in their own cause. You'd compromise your case by appearing not to care about it.

Where as saying something like "I'm doing it because I'm evil and want lots of money" would obviously not be encouraged. But more practically, giving away particular tactics before the case was ready is discouraged; but once more, you're genuinely bonkers; Portalarium got notice near 30 days ago of Arbitration. They already know. It's not something I need to hide any more. It's something in fact I should be outlining in general terms to make it quite, quite clear I'm not making idle threats, rather that it's something I actually care about and will stand by. But apparently in your weird fun house mirror of a mind, what actually happens is people start cases, and then are supposed to deny they ever did?

I keep telling you, even if your aim is to destroy Portalarium as well, you're so incoherent and blinded by hate you prove time and time again that I'm right. See how Taxalot states even if he couldn't tell who was telling the truth, the nature of Portalarium's community was proven? I know you desperately want to think it's harming me to drag me down to your level, but every time you try you prove why I'm so, so right.

Dumbfuck Weasel
Paying real money every month to rent virtual property. :what:

RMT is a sickness of the mind tbh, not any better than the more comtemporary scams in the form of lootboxes and hats.

Paying for and selling pixels should be illegal.

What makes all of them so particularly sick is that they undermine the gameplay itself. and teach the community to rip each other apart, and thus turn gaming, which should be about escapism and uplifting entertainment, into the very poison that is slowly making real life so fucking terrible... and it tries to make us all complicit in it, lest we lose the game in it's entirely. Either whore out your loves, or it they'll kill it off as not making quite enough money.

Shroud has already sunk far, far below the moral horizon; and the chief cause of it was RMT. It was what made the high end Whale backers push terrible ideas that only benefited them, or their planned business model, at the cost of driving away the core backers. If Portalarium hadn't planned all along to make a game based around RMT, they might have avoided listening to such poor advice, but when they implemented such greed based ideas, they confirmed the older backers weren't welcome. By moderating to silence voices critical of this, they put the Streisand Effect into full motion.

But someone at Portalarium had to go even further. My stalker here was already mentally unhinged; his imgur for instance making rape threats going back 6 years. And he'd been harassing people on the Shroud forums since 2015 that I know of for certain. But because someone (apparently Chris Spears if what deadlyhabit quotes is true) has developed such a personal hatred for the critics he thinks is responsible for the terrible reactions to the game he built, they've now weaponised a genuinely disturbed individual and put the entire good name of Portalarium behind protecting him no matter how far across the line he goes. And basically dared their victims to find a way to stop them doing it.

Instead of taking pleasure in providing us with joy, some parts of the games industry now treat it as a way to find vengeance on us because we didn't worship them blindly enough.

How the fuck did the "spiritual successor" to Ultima end up like this?

Black

Arcane
Not sure how many people here knows the reputation of rpg codex, but basically they are not very "kind" with any modern rpg, I have seen people talking s*** about some of the best rpgs in last ten years (Elder Scrolls, Divinity Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity, etc).
:obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously:

Dumbfuck Weasel
This guy has lost it from years of harassment. Gaslighting was a success and induced paranoia.

Even if that were true (which it's not, and I hardly care what idiots who don't bother reading links think; might as well care what the slugs on the outside wall think of the books on the shelves inside would taste like) ... what does it say about your moral character if you think it's more important to comment on the "success" than ask whether it's a shitty thing to have done in the first place, hmmm?

You see, I don't ever stop and think the problem is me. Why would I? I know how nihilistic and fucking terrible what you just said was.

And I know that the third order effect of people commenting on the story of Shroud and being toxic, further reinforces the concept that any association with Shroud is toxic.

So I still win. I warn people away from the toxicity. Because it's genuinely there. They wouldn't be warned away if it wasn't. And decent people wouldn't want to revel in it.

Hey! If he follows through with the rape threats ... what other successful damaging results might occur? Do make sure to tell us!

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
This guy has lost it from years of harassment. Gaslighting was a success and induced paranoia.

Even if that were true (which it's not, and I hardly care what idiots who don't bother reading links think; might as well care what the slugs on the outside wall think of the books on the shelves inside would taste like) ... what does it say about your moral character if you think it's more important to comment on the "success" than ask whether it's a shitty thing to have done in the first place, hmmm?

You see, I don't ever stop and think the problem is me. Why would I? I know how nihilistic and fucking terrible what you just said was.

And I know that the third order effect of people commenting on the story of Shroud and being toxic, further reinforces the concept that any association with Shroud is toxic.

So I still win. I warn people away from the toxicity. Because it's genuinely there. They wouldn't be warned away if it wasn't. And decent people wouldn't want to revel in it.

Hey! If he follows through with the rape threats ... what other successful damaging results might occur? Do make sure to tell us!

Don't mind me I come from a toxic environment so it seeped into my soul.

Also success isn't that strictly positive of a word don't get caught up on it so much.

Dumbfuck Weasel
you're a fucking nut

Of course, of course ;) Anything in particular you'd like to try and justify that claim on though? I've had plenty of practice in this kind of mindless insulting, so I can just easily brag about my far greater capabilities, or just plain typing speed, to show how the atrophied standards of the internet shows only the inferiority of my critics rather than flaws in the posts I write and they don't bother to even read. Someone on these forums even has a signature quote stating the same perspective about the endless "autist" flags too, that because they know and do fuck all, they see anyone who does or knows anything as autistic. I had a good chuckle when I read that, because I already knew someone here had spotted that kind of mindset and I could bet I would run into it as well too...

But go ahead, pick a single claim, and let's have an actual illustrative debate about the toxicity pulsing through the community eh? See if you're up to actually examining anything and applying critical thought.

It never happens online, because most people aren't up too it. And you can't expect dwarves to queue for the rack.

Which in turn triggers rage about being arrogant; but what kind of person expects others to suffer, or just give up standards, so they don't feel so offended?

You can't make me forget what that kind of person is. Again, you can however prove I'm right to know they're out there.

FireKing

Reginus Maximus
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here

Hello brand new account made today! I'm sure you're totally expressing an honest opinion there! Especially the bit where you try the "if I agree with part of your statements, even though they contradict what I've just said, I think it's making YOU look insane!" So which is it, is Vladamir in my head, or is he real and a scamming twat? Do tell us which of the completely contradictory positions you really hold!
You're absolutely nutters mate, but that has nothing to do with ClockworkMonkey and his little turtle pond scam. Shit, even a broken clock (or madman) is right twice a day! Keep it up though, I'm loving it!

Koss

Literate
Omg.. this is hilarious. You are really delusional. Seek professional help, for everyone's sake.

Koss

Literate
'It was always hilarious when you tried this on Reddit too; you even tried to make me question if he was a real lawyer, as if I'd somehow forgotten how to check'

Dafuq what? I've never talked to you psycho. Lol.

Mustawd

ClockworkMonkey , I know you said you’re done, but do you have any response to these accusations? Hard to lnow where to stand without more details.

Sorry if I’m confused on this.

Dumbfuck Weasel
This debate is sullying taxalot's excellent review.

Please move craziness to gaming drama forum.

Zep--

I'd respectfully disagree; it's actually provided a much deeper backdrop to the issues with how the game got to the state Taxalot found it. If nothing else, it's proven one core claim that there has, and continues to be a deliberate attempt to spin the way the game operates to protect real money businesses, as well as ostracise and outright attempt to harm those who are critical of how development has actually gone. At every stage of development, from when Lots were pulled from NPC vendors, to Player Owned Towns for thousands of dollars were introduced, people tried to politely criticize it on the official forums, but they were abused and harassed off the forums, and censored or banned if they tried to discuss that experience. Even now, if I dare to post just the basic facts miles from the core community, people will follow me here to either personally abuse me, or undermine the review and project a false perspective of the game to try and squeeze a few more cents out of new buyers.

It has happened at Reddit, MassivelyOP, Polygon, MMORPG.com, and countless other locations where this same self-destructive cycle has already occurred. Put up another review, and now you're on the radar, it'll happen again and again now. They've already got a thread complaining about this review on the official forums. They'll be watching you now for more, because that will harm their RMT businesses. "Reviewing the reviewers" one of them called it once.

(Edit: I see a poster before me just quoted a sample of what they're saying whilst they "review" you. I wish I was making this up, but alas...)

All this madness, this is what backing Shroud is truly like. Consider it a disagreeable, but accurate sampler.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom