Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial RPG Codex Retrospective: Roguey smashes the patriarchy in Josh Sawyer's Icewind Dale

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
You said "true feminist." I don't "extreme" and "true" is the same. Almost the contrary, in fact.

A 'true' feminist consistently fights against patriarchic structures and predefined gender roles (girls playing with toys, boys with cars, women wearing make-up to attract men, etc.).

A 'pop' or 'moderate' feminist like Anita criticizes (obvious dumb) stereotypes in video games, but she doesn't reject the concept of femininity (something that Butler/Schwarzer do).

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
^ That's your, completely unfounded, definition.

Of course it is ! :patriot:

And to finish this unholy conversation I will fix the quote a last time:

You know A woman is paper-bag ugly when she is Judith Butler or Alice Schwarzer a feminist and her twitter profile pic is a dog. :M

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
True feminists are women that no man (or lesbian) would ever touch with a ten foot pole, and who get so frustrated by it that they pretend there is no such thing as "femininity" and it's just the fault of arbitrary social constructs that not a single person in the world wants to bang them.

Exar Kun

Scholar
Most regular feminists don't reject femininity, most would consider those the extremists.Technically, the movement is aimed at establishing equal rights for women, not nitpicking magazine covers or video game plotlines. You mostly hear about the crazy weirdos which is why people have such a negative concept of feminists.

Anita Sarkeesian is good at pointing out the dumb male based plotlines of spectacle fighters aimed at 12 year olds who just figured out how to jerk off, but I hope she doesn't think shes going to make any change.

Art usually represents the culture its made in (if you consider video games art I guess), so in order to help women you don't change the art, you change the culture.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
True feminists are women that no man (or lesbian) would ever touch with a ten foot pole,
I would hug the hell out of Lesifoere and rub my forehead against hers like a cat.

^ Lesi and I irl

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom