Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview RPG Codex Interview: Might & Magic X - Legacy

Arkeus

Arcane
Something VERY important that i didn't see confirmed: will there be FLYING? It can't be a M&M game without flying :-(

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
A strange thing I saw in the gameplay video: when the player clicked the "ranged attack" button ALL party members concurrently make a ranged attack (shoot arrows) - no matter if it's their turn or not. I find that strange, because I expected that only 1 character at a time may attack...

Strangely enough when clicking the "melee attack" only the specified character fight - as I expected. But the ranged attack is strange. It also makes me wonder if it's worth to specialize any party member in archery if archery is automatically used by everyone with this weird triple attack.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A strange thing I saw in the gameplay video: when the player clicked the "ranged attack" button ALL party members concurrently make a ranged attack (shoot arrows) - no matter if it's their turn or not. I find that strange, because I expected that only 1 character at a time may attack...

Strangely enough when clicking the "melee attack" only the specified character fight - as I expected. But the ranged attack is strange. It also makes me wonder if it's worth to specialize any party member in archery if archery is automatically used by everyone with this weird triple attack.

Have you ever played one of the old Might & Magic games?

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
I tried them (MM8 and 9), but never got far because the graphics were so ugly. I can't remember mechanics like that though...

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
M&M 3 and World of Xeen had the very same mechanic as far as ranged attacks went.
I do recall that if you casted at spell at range you could not attack ranged IIRC.

From M&M 6 to the royal clusterfuck of M&M IX you had to chose individually (if phase/turn based) or just hold down the A-wesome buttan to have a quasi-volley of arrows in RT

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Ah thanks, I might take a closer look at the mechanics by trying the Xeen demo.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
No problem, M&M games are a blast if you dig their charm.
While graphically I tend to think they have aged very well, I can understand why for some people of a younger gaming persuasion could be off putting.

I could suggest you to play the whole series starting from M&M I while you wait for M&M X to come out, but I won't.

Drowed

Arcane
My god. Codex is happy to read something said by a "AAA" publisher... Someone find me my coat, hell has frozen over.

(Please, please, PLEASE don't fuck this up. After all that incline, if I fall I will surely die. Goddamit Ubisoft.)

aris

Arcane
To be fair, ubisoft is simply funding the incline, Limbic entertainment is the one making it.

aris

Arcane
I have no trust in this at all. They sound like salesmen too, type of answers they would give rps. And fuck ubisoft too, uplay = no sale.

Interesting. How do you feel about Kickstarter, btw? Because at least these guys aren't asking you for money for a game that doesn't exist yet.

I've pledged w2, eternity, torment and divinity. All made by people with a proven trackrecord and a good investment I think. If none of those deliver then I'll buy an amiga and forget the last 20 years in gaming ever happened :P. And yes they're asking money for a pitch I believe in. These guys I don't believe yet, it sounds so pr. Let them back it up with a good game first.
Dude. Kickstarter is pure PR.

Zeriel

Arcane
Just putting this here:

I joined RPGCodex back in 2002/2003, after the VNArcanum boards went belly-up. I have several abandoned accounts over the years because I can never remember the passwords and RPGCodex has a terrible retrieval system. So joindate isn't always very useful (besides the more obvious point that judging someone based on their incredibly retarded arguments is evidence enough).

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
AAAScreenShot0001216.jpg

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's okay, just stay around for, I don't know, eight years or so and you too will be a sagacious quality poster who everyone really respects and likes.
Just like me. :roll:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
You know, I've been playing all the popamole RPG's for so long now that I almost can't remember what it's like to play a REAL computer role-playing game. The closest I've come was to try firing up a copy of M&M IX that I had sitting around which I actually enjoyed for a while -- that's how bad things have been.

Then it seems like from out of nowhere, an almost miracle-sounding game like Legacy appears. We've also had the pleasure of tinkering around with Cleve's demo recently. There's so many other great-sounding games on the horizon that like others have said it just sounds too good to be true.

Honestly, I don't care if there are no level trainers in Legacy. I don't care if there's only going to be about 25 hours worth of gameplay. I literally feel like I've been a man in a vast desert, lost and wandering for years, and finally I've somehow stumbled into a beautiful oasis. Dear God, thank you. Finally, saved... ...or is the whole thing just a mirage?

You know what? I don't even care if that's true. You'll find me dead trying to drink sand then.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
You know, I've been playing all the popamole RPG's for so long now that I almost can't remember what it's like to play a REAL computer role-playing game. The closest I've come was to try firing up a copy of M&M IX that I had sitting around which I actually enjoyed for a while -- that's how bad things have been.

Then it seems like from out of nowhere, an almost miracle-sounding game like Legacy appears. We've also had the pleasure of tinkering around with Cleve's demo recently. There's so many other great-sounding games on the horizon that like others have said it just sounds too good to be true.

Honestly, I don't care if there are no level trainers in Legacy. I don't care if there's only going to be about 25 hours worth of gameplay. I literally feel like I've been a man in a vast desert, lost and wandering for years, and finally I've somehow stumbled into a beautiful oasis. Dear God, thank you. Finally, saved... ...or is the whole thing just a mirage?

You know what? I don't even care if that's true. You'll find me dead trying to drink sand then.

:brodex:
Honestly, it feels awesome that a new Might and Magic game is coming just as I started to get into the franchise. I have a lot of memories of watching my brothers play 6 and 7 back in the day. For me, I only just started really getting into RPGs in the past year, and the incline coming now just seems a bit surreal to me. Everything is not shit, maybe.

Luzur

Good Sir
It's okay, just stay around for, I don't know, eight years or so and you too will be a sagacious quality poster who everyone really respects and likes.
Just like me. :roll:

huh, i thought you left or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom