Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone on Pillars Cut Content, Game Development Hierarchies and More

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
As a side note, from my experience interacting with companies with 6 digit headcounts, my interactions with corporate HR are generally pretty okay.

The downside to big shops is generally shitty bosses, shitty org charts, shitty scopes and shitty workloads (high school internship in a bank "oh you're not allowed to have a conversation with a person with that job title lul," but accounting paying 401k/your country's equivalent of payroll tax on time and HR approving leave properly is worth its weight in gold.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
So far ITT or at least spectating it we've had:

• 8channers
  • Goons
  • almost certainly Redditors
  • probably closet RPG Watchers
  • possibly NeoFAG/Reshitera spies
  • Codex lurkers risen from the dead
  • Obsidian Software development team

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Someone just asked. He's annoyed and seems to want to skip over it.

Fry

Arcane
lol... poor Anthony. Everyone on his stream looking for dirt.

He had to know this would happen.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Eeesh. Just binged this thread and now I feel like I need a shower for multiple reasons. Hopefully MCA and Eric can work out the bruised feelings because I like both of them, and hopefully Anthony Davis Brandon Adler stay hidden safely in the closet until Mommy and Daddy are done fighting.

Seriously though, a few years ago I left a senior management position at a company with just shy of 200 employees. I was not an owner, but I was one of 2 employees who reported solely to the owners (the other being our H.R. head who, contrary to Chris's experiences at Obsidian, was perhaps the most moral and principled individual I have ever met, but I realize that such people in such positions are a relative rarity). I was with the company for 7 years and in the position for 3, and due to a variety of reasons (almost all of which I attributed to incompetence and bad-faith on the part of ownership) during the last two years I became increasingly and intensely disgruntled. There is no question in my mind that this affected my work-performance, and the resentment that it bred between myself and the owners is undeniable. What it took me some time to realize though was that this was a "chicken and the egg" scenario. I was frustrated with my owners because I thought that they were lying and immoral idiots, who were upset with me because I thought they were lying and immoral idiots and it was demonstrably affecting my work-performance (for the record, after a fair amount of reflection, I continue to think that they are lying, immoral idiots, but I could just be completely lying to myself). It's also become clear to me in the intervening years that my former employees (almost all of whom I respect and admire and have endeavored to remain on good terms with) had no idea who was at fault between the proverbial chicken and egg, and were told very different, very plausible stories from all involved parties.

I wish Chris, Eric, and all other affected parties (primarily meaning the Obsidian wageslaves who have a major and uncertain product launch in 7 days that might determine their continued employment ) the very best, and hope that someday they'll all be able to smile and hug it out.

Also, not to be rude, but anyone who didn't realize that OES has massive problems in management hasn't been paying attention.

Your post almost implies that you worked at Obsidian. If you meant to imply it and you did, I cannot figure out who you are. I have some guesses, but I am not sure.
You should begin sending vaguely threatening e-mails to all suspected persons. Not enough to get in trouble, but just enough to know to watch out, like a mafioso. You've already denied a cancer-ridden woman treatment, what's a few more karma points?

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist

• 8channers
  • Goons
Which persons are affiliated to which factions, then?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Oh, Crooked Bee isn't really a goon. She hasn't posted there in years.

Once a Goon, always a Goon.

Crooked Bee may be gone from Something Awful, but her tenbux helped to pay for Lowtax's Rogaine treatments. A good head of hair is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist

• 8channers
  • Goons
Which persons are affiliated to which factions, then?
help. apparently I made all the factions hate me. need walkthrough pls.
Over half the groups listed love diversity. Profess a love for progress and minorities to gain faction rep quickly.
Josh Sawyer is good with factions...if only he was here.
Sawyer can't save you now. It's too late.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Over half the groups listed love diversity. Profess a love for progress and minorities to gain faction rep quickly.

3c680dcfdd.jpg

Mustawd

can't tell if african or puerto rican/dominican. DR you can tell for sure if they start talking. Because regardless of English or Spanish they sound like they have downs. Come at me DRs. I'm latino too you down syndrome retards.

Glaucon

Prophet
Anthony just said that a lot of Chris' post is inaccurate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom