Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone on Pillars Cut Content, Game Development Hierarchies and More

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Jesus Christ, Infinitron, can you give it a break for like, 5 seconds? NO. I am not saying that, I am recognizing what you posted so I could give a proper response that was in the proper context - and you're right, I don't know if it's the actual name of the game at all. Jesus Fucking H Christ, you drive me insane. Have they registered any other trademarks?

Just came here to repost this, I fucking died when I read it in the google doc. Holy fucking shit. Like, I could tell he was pissed because the right way to say this is "Jesus H Fucking Christ" but he was supermad so he put the H in the wrong place, I legitimately had to take a laughing break while writing this post.

Cael

Arcane
Jesus Christ, Infinitron, can you give it a break for like, 5 seconds? NO. I am not saying that, I am recognizing what you posted so I could give a proper response that was in the proper context - and you're right, I don't know if it's the actual name of the game at all. Jesus Fucking H Christ, you drive me insane. Have they registered any other trademarks?

Just came here to repost this, I fucking died when I read it in the google doc. Holy fucking shit. Like, I could tell he was pissed because the right way to say this is "Jesus H Fucking Christ" but he was supermad so he put the H in the wrong place, I legitimately had to take a laughing break while writing this post.
You have to pity the poor slob, though. I didn't realise who it was until that link to that blogpost earlier. Now, that I know who the hell Infinitron is, I have a massive measure of pity for the retard. Contempt, of course, but also a large measure of pity.

Anyone who came up with that doped up shit fanfic is to be pitied no matter how much contempt you have for him. I have seen more coherent and sane things coming out of a ADHD 3-year old hyper'd up on sugar.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014

You have to pity the poor slob, though. I didn't realise who it was until that link to that blogpost earlier. Now, that I know who the hell Infinitron is, I have a massive measure of pity for the retard. Contempt, of course, but also a large measure of pity.

Anyone who came up with that doped up shit fanfic is to be pitied no matter how much contempt you have for him. I have seen more coherent and sane things coming out of a ADHD 3-year old hyper'd up on sugar.

I don't have a problem with Infinitron. I just thought Avellone's post was fucking funny.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I don't have a problem with Infinitron. I just thought Avellone's post was fucking funny.
Wait till you get to the Goodreads bit.

Cael

Arcane
It is doubly funny because Chris loses it at a guy that deserves the tongue lashing and more. I would like to see ADHDtron give Chris his usual bullying treatment against people who doesn't agree with him, but, of course, that won't happen because playing favourites is how he rolls.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Lord Avellone is like the emperor that has to remind underlings to watch their tongue in some haunting baritone that I can only imagine is highly reminiscent of an Alan Rickman that has downed a liberal amount of scotch.

Then he struts off, a lavishly dark cloak elegantly sweeping behind him as though there is a constant breeze being summoned with every purposeful step he takes while he stares straight ahead with an unflinching gaze that would make the abyss shake.

What a man. What a guy.

Cael

Arcane
Lord Avellone is like the emperor that has to remind underlings to watch their tongue in some haunting baritone that I can only imagine is highly reminiscent of an Alan Rickman that has downed a liberal amount of scotch.
James Earl Jones for baritone.

Alan Rickman has a higher pitch.

Glaucon

Prophet

I love the man as much as anyone, but he has the voice of a West Hollywood tranny.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

I love the man as much as anyone, but he has the voice of West Hollywood tranny.

I'm going to have to ask you to hand in your Sons of Avellone Nihilus mask, Mr. Glaucon.

Your lunch will remain in the community fridge and will be distributed evenly among remaining members.

Developer
I love the man as much as anyone, but he has the voice of West Hollywood tranny.

That's actually better reactions than I usually get.

The best quote I ever read on my voice (which I agree with), is "a voice that could make babies cry." (Or maybe punch babies, it was an odd quote. Either way, it implied even the most innocent among us can't bear to listen to me speak.) I confess, even I find it hard to listen to my voice, part of the reason I became a writer vs. a public speaker.

Developer
I guess that explains all the hate for you at Something Awful :lol:

Probably. I will say, their threads are pretty informative on system feedback, I was pretty impressed (although I think one of them may post the same information on the Obsidian forums with the same avatar).

I do think there were some frustrations from production at Obsidian on Josh posting on "different sites" vs. one specific site (theirs), but if Obsidian does limit posting on the Obsidian boards to being in the office (?), you really can't blame the poster for expressing elsewhere, especially if it helps the game.

While I was there, the owners could post via remote whenever they wanted - I assumed everyone could, so it may have been a change after I left.

Also, part of me was also wondering if that's why the survey went out about different posting sites from marketing - as if they wanted to get a handle on where to direct their efforts beyond the Obs. forums - or try to gravitate it there.

Cael

Arcane
Also, part of me was also wondering if that's why the survey went out about different posting sites from marketing - as if they wanted to get a handle on where to direct their efforts beyond the Obs. forums - or try to gravitate it there.
Every forum has a bias of one way or another. It would be worth collecting data on where the biases of each forum lie so that the weight of its opinion can be adjusted for its bias. That way, you get a more accurate picture of what the market is actually looking for.

EDIT: This goes for all levels of surveying opinions, not just forums or large groups. For example, if I hadn't been directed to this blog post, I may have been persuaded by Infinishill's recommendation of fanfics ;)

Briosafreak

Augur

That's actually better reactions than I usually get.

The best quote I ever read on my voice (which I agree with), is "a voice that could make babies cry." (Or maybe punch babies, it was an odd quote. Either way, it implied even the most innocent among us can't bear to listen to me speak.) I confess, even I find it hard to listen to my voice, part of the reason I became a writer vs. a public speaker.

No one I know that met you complained about your voice, one of my friends in London said that he noticed immediately that you had severe hearing problems because of the way you talk, but that's it. Just change your line of work from MC to DJ, and you'll be settled for life. <3

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
It is doubly funny because Chris loses it at a guy that deserves the tongue lashing and more. I would like to see ADHDtron give Chris his usual bullying treatment against people who doesn't agree with him, but, of course, that won't happen because playing favourites is how he rolls.
Perhaps Infinitron is afraid of him. Avellone does work out a lot. I don't think Infinitron wants to anger a man with biceps as big as his head.

Cael

Arcane
Perhaps Infinitron is afraid of him. Avellone does work out a lot. I don't think Infinitron wants to anger a man with biceps as big as his head.
In that case, AHDHtron wouldn't dare anger Twiggy.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
In that case, AHDHtron wouldn't dare anger Twiggy.
I do not know who that is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom