Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone on Pillars Cut Content, Game Development Hierarchies and More

Imoens pet

Prospernaut
Shitposter
Sorry mods, I'll be mindful of lengthy quotes.

revani

Novice
Man, I wish there was some FAQ, or a tutorial on how to use this fossil of a website.
There is actually a rules post that is extremely easy to find and has all the info you need bro.

Is it that about page? I keep getting blank when I click it.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ex-enhanced-edition-directors-cut-2013.87048/
see d) 1.

Omg thank you man.
Real lurkers think ahead of time, you see.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Imoens pet has a point about the forum software being a fossil, actually. XenForo circa 2018 has less basic functionality than vBulletin circa 2001, while at the same time the functionality that is there is less intuitive to use and obscured behind bloatware features.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Imoens pet has a point about the forum software being a fossil, actually. XenForo circa 2018 has less basic functionality than vBulletin circa 2001, while at the same time the functionality that is there is less intuitive to use and obscured behind bloatware features.
It's not as if half the features implemented are particularly necessary as it is. As an example, do we REALLY need facebook tier "I liked this" meme emotes?

Delterius

Arcane
It's not as if half the features implemented are particularly necessary as it is. As an example, do we REALLY need facebook tier "I liked this" meme emotes?
If anything we are nowhere near the 1,000 buttons RPG Codex 2020 production targets.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
If anything we are nowhere near the 1,000 buttons RPG Codex 2020 production targets.
Would this not just make every post ridiculously long, just to make space for the emotes, unless you can pick and choose which are in your roster or on a quickbar, with the rest on another page which links to the post you want to post your emote on.

ArchAngel

Arcane
At one point there was only Brofist, but then DarkUnderlord decide to :decline: this place. Now all the retards just click buttons instead of leaving funny posts that made me start coming to this place in the first place.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
This is going to the IRS today:

681c95eee04022d64e183ccfa312f243.png

I do not know how effective this will be Bester. First, is this a matter of tax fraud or accounting fraud (e.g., embezzlement)? Your main description does not allege that Obsidian is dodging taxes or paying less in taxes (if anything, paying more taxes), but rather that friends and family are holding sham positions and being paid. This could be a crime (I have further questions about it in point #2), just perhaps not one that involves the IRS just yet. Instead, this may fall under the review of state authorities that investigate accounting fraud/embezzlement.

Second, I do not know if your description of Avellone or your selected screenshot is sufficient. You describe Avellone as a former owner that lost his status and is now "venting" on an video game forum years after the fact. This description of events potentially makes him look like just another disgruntled employee. A disgruntled employee that has an axe to grind against upper management, and who further states, "I had no idea what she was doing for us." That statement alone implies that Avellone is not 100% certain either way. The fact that the employee was borderline useless or a product of nepotism is not necessarily the same as a "ghost employee" that is a sham to obtain unwarranted pay checks. If anything, Avellone describes a badly run company, rife with nepotism, but not necessarily a criminal enterprise on the part of Feargus.

Third, the fact that you are filing this report and not the declarant (Avellone) may constitute the largest barrier to anything resulting from this. Unless Avellone steps forward, I highly doubt that either the IRS or California authorities would launch an investigation, because they need the declarant (i.e., the person with first hand knowledge) to be available and willing to cooperate. Without Avellone's cooperation and testimony, the authorities have no credible evidence by which to launch an investigation or claim. From experience, I cannot tell you how many people evade punishment merely because the declarant/victim is unwilling to take part in the investigation or trial.

Also consider that the IRS and California authorities are overwhelmed and possibly under staffed, and may not be willing to spend time and manpower based on a screenshot of an "alleged owner" that alleges misappropriation of company funds, but who is not willing to come forward himself. A person "verified by the administration," a "poster for many years," etc means nothing to them. If you were an investigator and someone told you the their source was a "long time poster on an RPG website," would that mean anything to you? The Codex is a website for crpg enthusiasts and not some legitimate authority. That sentence is akin to saying, "this nerd has a lot of street credit in our hobby, so it must be legit."

You are more than welcome to file this, it is your choice. I just do not see much coming from it. If anything, this would be a State of California matter.

Last edited:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Yes, yes we do. And no, it's nothing like facebook, it's much more diverse and robust system then company worth billions came up with. Also it's what allows RPG Codex to be ultimate RPG of all times. All this time we were discussing what's an RPG while we were sitting, nay, posting on one. Every button is a stat, proficiency of poster in certain type of posting and it's all compiled on troll poster sheet at your profile.

So if you think you've been wasting your time here while you could have been playing RPGs, you are fortunately wrong. You've been playing RPG, the ultimate RPG to ever exist, RPG Codex!

This mega dungeon thread for example has been a fun ride. Personal quest of Codex's party member Chris Avellone. But when will final boss, Feargus appear? Maybe if Bester uses that IRS scroll he can summon him or one of his demon generals, maybe that succubus expensive accountant/lawyer of Obsidian Feargus...

At one point there was only Brofist, but then DarkUnderlord decide to :decline: this place. Now all the retards just click buttons instead of leaving funny posts that made me start coming to this place in the first place.

Yeah this thread certainly has deficit of posts and particularly funny posts. Everyone is dead serious here, it's Obsidian's funeral after all...

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Truely, Dark Underlord is the greatest troll this site has to offer.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

"the best is the enemy of the good" is Russian saying or don't fix what's not broken.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom