Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2023 GOTY - POLL IS CLOSED!

Mortmal

Arcane
Infinitron you disagree on what? You think avelonne is going to write again?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
His work on those games might not amount to much, but that's a different matter. Not too many huge fans of Erritis or Nok-Nok on the Codex.

Shaki

Arbiter
His work on those games might not amount to much, but that's a different matter. Not too many huge fans of Erritis or Nok-Nok on the Codex.
Im a big Nok-Nok fan, one of the very few companions I liked in Kingmaker, I had no idea Avellone wrote him, now it all makes sense.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
You mean he is hired as a name in the credit and to promote those games

If so, that would be a huge waste of money. Chris Avellone fell from grace and his brand became toxic. Granted, he recovered but the name does not have the same level of attraction as before.
'He recovered from his fall from grace' is a nice way of saying "he dragged the lying hags to court and forced them to recant their false accusations".

Of course it won't matter for some studios, especially those striving for a high ESG score, but from the perspective of gamers, especially those that followed the whole case, his name is cleared. Hence it can still be useful in promotion of new rpgs.

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Yes, it's a valid criticism. The setting may not be for everyone, and you may prefer something a bit more adult, realistic, and gritty than the Forgotten Realms, something more grimdark like the Dark Company, for example. Ah, it would be good if we had more writers like Avellone writing for CRPGs. But sadly, we will never see Avellone again; he will never write anything anywhere, despite his name being cleared and completely innocent of anything. No one will hire him for fear of controversy. Remember when he was allowed damage and interest, the press article titles were presenting it as if he was the one paying... So it's very difficult to get anything good in this fabulous industry.
If you've tried Kingmaker, there's nothing better in WotR; you already know what to expect, and it's even a bit worse. Sure, you'll hear good things here, but it's fanboyism.

Oh by the way hey ga♥ i said something wrong about wotr and owlcat! Come defend the motherland and defend your honor! You fat fuck unwashed russian lying bag of shit ! Come push your buttons.

It is not the settings, it's the writing which is shit in BG3. You like it because you could not finish Kingmaker, it was too hard so you are butthurt they didn't let you finish on the hardest difficulty without effort like in DOS3.
Glory to Russia forever also Owlcat which is Cypriot!

Mortmal

Arcane
Yes, it's a valid criticism. The setting may not be for everyone, and you may prefer something a bit more adult, realistic, and gritty than the Forgotten Realms, something more grimdark like the Dark Company, for example. Ah, it would be good if we had more writers like Avellone writing for CRPGs. But sadly, we will never see Avellone again; he will never write anything anywhere, despite his name being cleared and completely innocent of anything. No one will hire him for fear of controversy. Remember when he was allowed damage and interest, the press article titles were presenting it as if he was the one paying... So it's very difficult to get anything good in this fabulous industry.
If you've tried Kingmaker, there's nothing better in WotR; you already know what to expect, and it's even a bit worse. Sure, you'll hear good things here, but it's fanboyism.

Oh by the way hey ga♥ i said something wrong about wotr and owlcat! Come defend the motherland and defend your honor! You fat fuck unwashed russian lying bag of shit ! Come push your buttons.

It is not the settings, it's the writing which is shit in BG3. You like it because you could not finish Kingmaker, it was too hard so you are butthurt they didn't let you finish on the hardest difficulty without effort like in DOS3.
Glory to Russia forever also Owlcat which is Cypriot!
sBAUDpM.png

And given the sad state of the game back then, it was bravery.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Shaki

Arbiter

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Oh crap, my bad. Someone issued a report that they wanted the thread title changed and I forgot about the nature of news posts.

Edit: Actually, it's probably just time to go ahead and make me an administrator.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'll leave just one fun fact for now: Codex hates Bethesda more than they hate Diablo.

Of course they do, you bloody faggot. Oblivion (2006) and Fallout 3 (2008) were almost single-handedly responsible for the decline of CRPGs. Nothing unusual about that. Fun fact lol. You are a fucking fake aren't you?

Can't you write even a single post where you aren't an absolute cunt?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom