Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2014 Role-Playing Game of the Year Awards

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Valkyria Chronicles had a female protagonist

Why is that a negative? Regardless, the character you were supposed to identify as was the male tank commanding biology nerd.

Lhynn

Arcane
Why is that a negative? Regardless, the character you were supposed to identify as was the male tank commanding biology nerd.
I saw the anime (around half of it anyway, it got very annoying with all the bishounen gathering around her), the story is definitely from her PoV, not his.
As for why is that a negative. I cant get invested on a womans problems, the reason i play rpgs is because power trips through the eyes of the lead. when the lead has tits and a vagina i just cant give a fuck, so its more of a subjective thing. But so far its worked as a nice filter.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
As for why is that a negative. I cant get invested on a womans problems, the reason i play rpgs is because power trips through the eyes of the lead. when the lead has tits and a vagina i just cant give a fuck, so its more of a subjective thing.

Making an effort to overcome your limitations is a crucial step towards self-improvement.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I saw the anime (around half of it anyway, it got very annoying with all the bishounen gathering around her), the story is definitely from her PoV, not his.

The anime clearly took creative liberties.

I cant get invested on a womans problems, the reason i play rpgs is because power trips through the eyes of the lead. when the lead has tits and a vagina i just cant give a fuck, so its more of a subjective thing.

:what:

As for why is that a negative. I cant get invested on a womans problems, the reason i play rpgs is because power trips through the eyes of the lead. when the lead has tits and a vagina i just cant give a fuck, so its more of a subjective thing. But so far its worked as a nice filter.

No dick, no fun.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
More from the Watch thread:

And like myself a lot of people prefer long games.
Some prefer them dull, some grindfest, some both of that, some prefer them not anything like that… As long as it's as long as possible.
Does it mean we shouldn't ask why is a roguelike on #3 spot of a list?

Roguelike is not challenging.
Roguelike is a slot machine and you're praying rng will produce next trashmobs as 777 you win.

Yes, I haven't played DA:I, but I've played Dragon Age 2, which is generally considered worse, and I've played Neoscavenger, so I can make assumptions about which game I'd enjoy more, and I know which game has more content and more story. I must admit that I'm surprised that 80 people gave Neo Scavenger 5 stars. I still can't believe that most players would consider it a better rpg than most of the other games on the list (if we take out DA:I). I think its because a lot of people wouldn't even bother with it. I'd be curious if you gave free keys to all those people and made them play it how that would shift the percentages.

Lhynn

Arcane
No dick, no fun.
Its not really that, not specifically about gender. It comes down to me being able to identify with the character on some level. Its the reason i mostly play RPGs, and the reason i love character creation and indepth character systems.
I have a great imagination and can see myself in the shoes of the hero, a large part of my enjoyment of games in general comes from there.

Womyn, people with teh gays, attack helicopters, but also monsters, strange robots, deformed aliens. insects. I just cant bring myself to care for being in those shoes and seeing the world as those kinda character see it. Mostly as the result of having so much fun with characters i can identify with on some level that anything else simply isnt as entertaining. Its why im a big proponent of character customization and stories told from the point of the protagonist. Its why i can enjoy a game like CBH for long periods of time even if the game itself is little more than a simple database.

Shin

Cipher
No dick, no fun.
Its not really that, not specifically about gender. It comes down to me being able to identify with the character on some level. Its the reason i mostly play RPGs, and the reason i love character creation and indepth character systems.
I have a great imagination and can see myself in the shoes of the hero, a large part of my enjoyment of games in general comes from there.

Womyn, people with teh gays, attack helicopters, but also monsters, strange robots, deformed aliens. insects. I just cant bring myself to care for being in those shoes and seeing the world as those kinda character see it. Mostly as the result of having so much fun with characters i can identify with on some level that anything else simply isnt as entertaining. Its why im a big proponent of character customization and stories told from the point of the protagonist. Its why i can enjoy a game like CBH for long periods of time even if the game itself is little more than a simple database.

Somebody here needs a 'girlfrynd'.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
Would Iranian made games have to comply with dress codes?

Yes. otherwise they can't publish their games.
But there are not so many female characters in their games.
5972_732.jpg

alavi_2.JPG

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom