Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RoboCop: Rogue City - new game from Terminator: Resistance devs

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
My only problem with the gore and bodies that they are disappearing quickly. Can't enjoy the mayhem I caused :/
Other than this, yeah, game is pretty violent. We can remove legs and arms and poor fuckers react to those. Dick shots and neck shots are in with their unique animations. Headshots make em pop like baloons.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
My only problem with the gore and bodies that they are disappearing quickly. Can't enjoy the mayhem I caused :/
Other than this, yeah, game is pretty violent. We can remove legs and arms and poor fuckers react to those. Dick shots and neck shots are in with their unique animations. Headshots make em pop like baloons.
Should've made it more like Soldier of Fortune.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Should've made it more like Soldier of Fortune.
Its kind of sad that yet another modern release gets outdone by a 23 year old game.

Gandalf

Arbiter
ROBOCOP IS BACK! Myabe it's not the coolest and mosty exciting fps out there, but not bad of an effort of giving the player the sense of being Robocop.

Deflowerer

Arcane
My biggest criticism of the game would be the price point (a theme nowadays, isn't it?).

It is a 15 hour game (maybe 20 if you really want to soak all of it in), which makes the original asking price a bit high IMO.
Then again, supporting a dev that first managed to NOT mess up a Terminator game and then to NOT mess up a RoboCop game in this year of 2023 might be worth it, either way...

I don't get this infatuation with hours per dollar. Are you poor or something?

Melcar

Arcane
My biggest criticism of the game would be the price point (a theme nowadays, isn't it?).

It is a 15 hour game (maybe 20 if you really want to soak all of it in), which makes the original asking price a bit high IMO.
Then again, supporting a dev that first managed to NOT mess up a Terminator game and then to NOT mess up a RoboCop game in this year of 2023 might be worth it, either way...

You can't fully enjoy a game unless it's 40+ hours Bro.

Shit man. If you like a game who the fuck cares how long it is.

The Decline

Arcane
Finished it, clocked in just under 20 hours. I feel like I got my money's worth and I'll likely replay it sometime in the future.

I liked that you couldn't max out all the skills and you could fuck yourself when it came to the Auto-9 chips and merging. I do wish there had been a couple more open areas instead of just reusing the same one 3 times.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Games have an amount of entertainment per dollar value, whether you like that or not doesn't change the facts.

I'm not saying it's the be all end all metric and it applies differently to different kinds of games, but it certainly is a factor important to most gamers.
A 50€ game that provides just about 15-20 hours of good entertainment certainly isn't the worst, I could see it somewhat justified, but it is without a doubt near the line.
Just compare that to games that you can sink hundreds of hours into at the same entertainment value per hour. These are not equal.

And no, I'm not poor.
I managed to be not poor by making somewhat decent decisions about where to put my money and how much of it on what. I buy about 50 - 100 games per year, if I spent full price on all games even if they'd only last me a few hours, I'd most likely be quite a bit poorer.
So games that provide more per dollar end up a lot higher on the list.
It's not rocket science.

games are way too long nowdays
Some games are. Because they are boring. Especially the Ubisoft open world pachinko machines.
Others aren't.
Some are even too short.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's way more noticeable if you play lots of games than say just one per month or something like that. It adds up, so a long game game is preferable (but only if it's good, of course).

Zlaja

Arcane
I buy about 50 - 100 games per year

How many of those do you actually end up playing? Are you one of those types who feels compelled to buy loads of games simply because they're on sale?

GOTTA GET THOSE, THEY'RE LITERALLY GIVING THEM AWAY! *smacks lips*

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I finally finished this one yesterday night and enjoyed the game a lot.
They are %100 faithful to the source material which is a rare sight nowadays. If you like the movies you are in for a treat.
Shooting is fun, nice amount of weapons with nice customization options for Auto-9. Enemy variety is OK. Real fun begins when you start to encounter all of them in later stages. Enemies make nice use of grenades suprisingly. Not that any matters for RoboCop.
Game has good detective and police work and they never take long to be bothersome. Also bir of C&C, nothing big but seeing criminals you captured in jail or giving direction to the elections are nice touches. Humanity part reminded me a bit Lies of P. Loved the interactions in police station.
I managed to level up 5 skills fully and got 1 spare left in the end. Social skill was not really needed but +XP helped a lot. Upgrading armor and health skills gives you the real RoboCop feel, making you a walking tank that deflects low caliber bullets to nearby unlucky scum.

And for the last, Judge Dredd when?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How many of those do you actually end up playing? Are you one of those types who feels compelled to buy loads of games simply because they're on sale?
Every single one of them.
I also do proper research beforehand to make it as unlikely as possible I end up buying something I'd not actually enjoy. It does happen still, but way less than 10%.
I also do not finish every game, I usually play until I feel I'm done with it, which might or might not happen before credits roll.

I did not make the mistake to have kids*, and I don't have a lot of hobbies outside of gaming, so I can fairly easily game 2-3 hours per day I'm working and more when I'm not working (I work from home, too, so no time is wasted commuting). Take the amount of days in a year and it really isn't difficult to play 50-100 games per year, including of course some that I keep coming back to. I'm already at ~70 for this year (yes, I'm keeping a list).

*don't read too much into this, I just like to riff on people

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
IT KEEPS GETTING WORSE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Clipboard02.jpg

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Finished. Good game, would recommend. There's a bit more "meat" here than I expected, although the last fifth or so was a beat too easy. The riot downtown was probably the highlight.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I see experience, skill trees, and dialogue choices... Infinitron, this is getting moved to Gen RPG, yes? :smug:
Genre: Action, Adventure Not marketed as such
This one has more dialog options than Cyberjunk, also unlike Cyberjunk it has social and exploration skills.
Yet the devs are so humble they don't dare to call it a rpg.
Those polacks should learn from these polacks.

Irxy

Arcane
Eurogamer reviewer angry that Robocop isn't virtual signalling and screaming ACAB during the game. Reviewers seems angry as well that there's no SJW shit in the game

Eurogamer Review
To be clear, I'm not saying RoboCop should be wandering around Detroit shouting ACAB. Rather, in its strive to mimic the anti-corporate satire of the film, Rogue City misses an opportunity to ask other, more pertinent questions, like how does a cop programmed to follow the letter of the law fit within a policing system that itself often doesn't?
It does though?
I mean, the game's whole morality/alignment system is built around choosing between the conflicting prime directives: "Serve the public trust" and "Uphold the law".
I guess the journo didn't play the game much, as usual?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I see experience, skill trees, and dialogue choices... Infinitron, this is getting moved to Gen RPG, yes? :smug:
Genre: Action, Adventure Not marketed as such
This one has more dialog options than Cyberjunk, also unlike Cyberjunk it has social and exploration skills.
Yet the devs are so humble they don't dare to call it a rpg.
Those polacks should learn from these polacks.
One of the better aspects of the game is the respect for the source material.

Irxy

Arcane
I didn't like Terminator Resistance
what's wrong with it?
tempted to play it now
Nothing wrong, aside from the lower budget which shows. Robocop is kinda AA and Terminator is A.
The main difference is in gameplay, Terminator is more of a stealth/survival game than a shooter.
Your initial weapons can't damage Terminators at all, and even when you get plasma those guys kill you in like 3 shots, and you damage it by 30% at the same time, so you can't even fight them openly 1:1.
And while it does have some fast missions in which you are accompanied by a squad, which provides enough firepower and distraction to fight the enemies openly (expect to waste tons of healing anyway), most of the time you are solo, so expect a very low pace and reloading when your tactics fail.

Freedos

Novice
Well, all the reviewers bullshit made me decide to support the developer and buy the game hours before its launch. I can't say they didn't their job (even if it wasn't intentional).

Such a enjoyable power fantasy game. And very sincere and respectful to the source material (and I'm a Robocop fan).

So...when a Die Hard game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom