Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Risen being honed to perfection for October release

catfood

AGAIN
Good. Can't wait till october. Here's hoping it won't need another damn community patch.

bat_boro

Arcane
I doubt it. Three QA teams for a Gothic-size game sound really ok. Plus, they are going on consoles, and console players just can't put up with that shit.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
denizsi said:
I can't, I know too much. Whenever I share my knowledge on unreleased stuff, it leads to chaos and lots of butthurt. See corpse crew thread for a recent example.
Sorry to hear about your anal discomfort.

As long as I don't have any further insight on the game, I try to remain neutral. I mean, it's kinda disappointing that Piranha Bytes doesn't really seem to evolve the game, but as it is "more Gothic" wouldn't be such a bad result.

Noceur

Liturgist
thesheeep said:
bat_boro said:
console players just can't put up with that shit.

Indeed. Microsoft has ridiculously hard rules and tests for games that release on their 360.

One of the few pros of multi-platform titles... although different bugs may occur on PC and Xbox.

KKKthulhu.

Educated
They fix them too fast. It makes me wonder why they didn't just wait a day to release and have someone do a quick run through of the game, and since I assume they have a QA group, that they actually knew about the gamebreaking bugs and just want to see what the hell they can get away with, i.e. they just enjoy jerking people around (which explains a lot of the decisions in OB and FO3).

Elzair

Cipher
WTF?!

bat_boro said:
thesheeep said:
He probably is an oracle.

Maybe even the same one from The Matrix.

On the point that Risen will be badly designed because it is heading for consoles - I don't know, Gothic 1 + 2 looked like games designed for consoles anyway. There even were rumors that G1 was planned for consoles in the first place, and that was later scraped. So I just can't see what harm would a console release do to Risen, given the fact that Pb's games are not classic PC RPGs.

Are you kidding? The Gothic series is the series that comes closest to matching Ultima VII, the pinnacle of CRPGs.

Turok

Erudite
Anyone know if they stop using the pigmeo head shrink sindrome?

If no then i will begin to think thats some kind of "firm" of piraña bytes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom