Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Risen 2: Dark Waters Previews

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Spectacle said:
circ said:
DAOOO has nothing in common with RPG's, NOOOTHING. It has more in common with Diablo and Leisuire Suit Larry.
That's just plain wrong, unless your definition of "RPG" is incredibly narrow to the point where only Fallout and Planescape count. DAO is clearly an RPG, it's just nowhere near being a good one.

Planescape isn't an RPG. :troll:

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
That Joystiq preview is what is wrong with the game industry. If he had his way this would just be Fable 2 with more pirates :retarded:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Overweight Manatee said:
If this is true and quest decisions are able to routinely fix your character path (rather than simply forcing you to go to the next town to skill up), then its some major in :incline:
There is no difference from previous Gothic games.
Overweight Manatee said:
After Risen, I'll believe the part about not recycling dungeons when I see it.
In Risen, they had to recycle some assets. It's inevitable. But the dungeons were still pretty different.

I have the impression you did not play Gothic/Risen.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Azrael the cat said:
promote the writing (that MUST be why folks liked Dragon Age: Origins - right? right?)

Sorry, not even looking this way you can figure what was DA2 about. Removing the Codex and glorious writing like "I want to be a Dragon" cleary showed that wasn't

It's da SEX! SEX sells! ME3 will be another bestseller, just because of Ashley breast implants, and a new QTE where you spank Miranda ass! :smug:

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Just playing Risen now, still on Chapter 1 in the Harbour. Excellent RPG. Spot on, wonderful.

I really don't understand how we have a gazillion Oblivion/ME/DA/FO threads here but this (along with the Gothics) is always relegated to 2nd citizen status.

I realize that some here love this style of game and others don't but this is really what I consider a modern, hard-core RPG that is super challenging and a lot of fun. I'm not going to buy the game twice but I think they deserve it. I'm just not that rich.

Anyways. It's nice to find a gem in the pig sty.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Risen is really good, it's a lot like Gothic. Unfortunately that's also true for the bad parts: The game turns into shit later on with stupid fetch quests, lots of teleporting, easy combat and one shitty boss fight.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Excidium said:
Risen is really good, it's a lot like Gothic. Unfortunately that's also true for the bad parts: The game turns into shit later on with stupid fetch quests, lots of teleporting, easy combat and one shitty boss fight.

Yes, I'm aware that it turns into utter shit from reading stuff here, but the hours of entertainment I've gotten out of it already are worth it. In fact, the 'meta' gaming that I've learned here hasn't helped me with my combat or decisions. It's taken almost ten hours but I'm getting the hang of swinging the sword. On another level, I thought I was going to be a mage at some point but for political reasons have been 'playing' both sides and getting screwed for it.

I love it. It's a good mind fuck.

If it all turns to crap in the end, oh well, I can't discount the many hours I've had in harbour town. (forgot there was a world out there, might have to jump the wall soon).

Brilliant game. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Kraszu

Prophet
There isn't much to talk about with Risen as it is so similar to Gothic, and it doesn't have anything derp to bitch about.

I liked Risen, I'd be happy with more of the same minus the flaws.

This smells like Risen 2: the lost Fable chapters.

Smallpox

Novice
We saw a group of giant crabs and found the best way to kill the top-heavy beasts was to kick them on their backs and stab their soft underbellies

For massive damage?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Morkar said:
At any time, you can fast travel back to your ship ...

Another one bites the dust... :cry:

Eh, I have mixed feelings about fast travel. On one hand, it saves me time from walking mindlessly through areas I already explored. On the other, it causes some game imbalances.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom