Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RimWorld - Damned Colonists in Space

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
5-panel-cap-khaki-front-6553ae2bc092e.webp

La vie sexuelle

Learned
because i don't use loverslab cringe mods.

But you use non-Lverslab cringe mods, my dear Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫ :-D

RimJob Worlds, like many mods from LoversLab, is very extensive and diversifies the gameplay. Moreover, he is really wild, which fits into the theme of the game, which even in vanilla version deals with such things as human sacrifice, mutations, ubiquitous violence, mutilation, and the death of children.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Both of my starts in the new scenario I got an event for a leatery stranger Unknown Unknown to join the colony, with the Occultist trait.
And both times they immediately got this mental condition that ruins them as a pawn. Is this scripted, or did I get unlucky?
20240412181210_1.jpg

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
My most skilled colonist, a girlboss mad scientist whom I made immortal by kidnapping a vampire and stealing his genes, got destroyed. Splattered into pieces and burned. Can't recover her. She was my everything, I drained other colonist humanity to make her younger, and implanted her with anarchotech. She was our leader, and our head priest, and our main warrior, and our baron to represent us to the Empire.
The sun has set on my eldritch temple, and I am not sure I want to continue this save.

Johannes

Arcane
My most skilled colonist, a girlboss mad scientist whom I made immortal by kidnapping a vampire and stealing his genes, got destroyed. Splattered into pieces and burned. Can't recover her. She was my everything, I drained other colonist humanity to make her younger, and implanted her with anarchotech. She was our leader, and our head priest, and our main warrior, and our baron to represent us to the Empire.
The sun has set on my eldritch temple, and I am not sure I want to continue this save.
What splattered her?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
What splattered her?
Got chunks torn off her in combat, and then a mini turret blew up next to her.
As always in Rimworld, overconfidence is a sudden killer. I had a worker loaned out for a quest, and another entering the labyrinth for treasure. That's 2 fewer fighters than I could have had.
And I think the void creatures events aren't on the same timer as raids, since I've gotten them to overlap multiple times now. Sappers entering your monster holding facility is also a notable risk, definitely double walls on that.

Mortmal

Arcane
There's a ritual to prevent death once. If you complete the anomaly questline, you get, among other things, four lives, but it also kills social skills.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Apologies if asked before, but for anyone playing this for the first time, would you recommend any of the DLC's?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Apologies if asked before, but for anyone playing this for the first time, would you recommend any of the DLC's?
I'd say play 1 colony to completion vanilla, then buy the first DLC and play a colony to completion with that, then buy the second...
Build up on it. Having to learn everything at once can be very confusing. Each DLC introduces a new kind of specialized room you want to build, for one.
Also, play out your colonies. Don't quit because you realize you built an inefficient base, or because someone important got injured. The most fun is doing damage control.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
This game has the annoying problem for me that if I turn down the difficulty I'm basically playing sandbox mode, but if I turn it up my colony inevitably collapses to some catastrophe before I get to the really cool parts of colony development.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
This game has the annoying problem for me that if I turn down the difficulty I'm basically playing sandbox mode, but if I turn it up my colony inevitably collapses to some catastrophe before I get to the really cool parts of colony development.
Raids are a function of colony wealth. Don't stockpile 6000 wood, 1000 steel and 20 pistols in your warehouse, and you won't get raided as hard.
The vital thing is to make sure your wealth grows linearly with your military power, and not faster. There's literally a graph about colony wealth, next to the research tab.

thesecret1

Arcane
Decided to focus on animal husbandry this run, and all I can say is that I look with anticipation for any raids - my warg warrens need fresh carcass to stay fed, and few raiding groups can withstand a pack of wargs charging at them

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Raids are a function of colony wealth. Don't stockpile 6000 wood, 1000 steel and 20 pistols in your warehouse, and you won't get raided as hard.
The vital thing is to make sure your wealth grows linearly with your military power, and not faster. There's literally a graph about colony wealth, next to the research tab.
You mean to say that mass production of cocaine is what causes my downfall every time?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
You mean to say that mass production of cocaine is what causes my downfall every time?
You need to use it, then it's safe and fine.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Faction leader getting cucked by an evil copy of himself :hmmm:
Additionally, if you get an obelisk to spawn a copy of your vampire, you can double up on the vamp gene spread. For me they lined up perfectly here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom