Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
This site has some of the most retarded criticisms. Fucking hell, no wonder why it's the laughing stock of the internet. Cuckdex as always.

Ash

Arcane
shitposter.png

cuck.png

The HUD and interface was definitely one of the things I had in mind.

Resident Evil 1:

8697-550x-RE%20-%20Inventory.jpg

Resident Evil 4:

re4.jpg

Note how Resident Evil 1 had no HUD whatsoever, and all information was conveyed through the inventory/PDA interface. This meant you had to: count your shots. Health was conveyed through limping. This also meant immersion was increased.
Why the fuck does the four assignable weapons you have equipped to the d-pad need to render on screen right in the middle every time you switch? Are the players meant to be completely retarded and forget what they assigned to those buttons via the inventory two seconds ago, and cannot simply check if they're returning from a break in play? It's only four fucking hotkeys. Jesus.
Note how the style of the Resident Evil 1 interface represents a PDA and an attache case of sorts. It's charming, attractive and helps maintain your suspension of disbelief.

This REtardMake Part 2 is no doubt developed by the same soulless cucks that did Retard Evil 7, which also had a user interface that told a story about the shitty devs:

latest

images

Who cares about GUI design? Just throw in chainsaw battles and they'll be none the wiser. Best Resident Evil since we sold our souls!

But lets be pointlessly optimistic and assume their GUI art and design is currently placeholder. Which it in all likelihood isn't even if it's subject to change.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Note how Resident Evil 1 had no HUD whatsoever, and all information was conveyed through the inventory/PDA interface. This meant you had to: count your shots. Health was conveyed through limping. This also meant immersion was increased.

I didn't think RE1 had limping or visual health states, I thought that was added in the second game.

Machocruz

Arcane
Games haven't had immersive GUIs for about three generations now. I can't remember too many games that haven't button prompts on screen for every interaction, no matter how simple or obvious. I guess people need to be reminded that X opens doors even after they've done it 100 times. To be fair, you can turn that shit off in a lot of games. Although I think the idiots should have to be made to go through the extra steps of turning helper shit on, instead of competent people.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
How much can you get wrong Ash ?

One thing, or was there something else? I am not right 100% of the time, more like 99% ;). Been a while since I played all the classic RE and I grabbed a screenshot from RE3 not RE1 as they look very similar. Shocker!

Edit: oh right limping. Just some forgotten details. Doesn't defeat my point at all.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
That engine has a really hard time with faces. It's not as bad as in RE7, but they're super inconsistent and switch from looking fine to full blown uncanny valley on a whim.

Wish they didn't pick a boss fight for a gameplay showcase, but so far it's looks alright. Not bad, not amazing, just alright.

Wunderbar

Arcane
More precisely, from what we have seen so far, is it the same game (locations, encounters, items, writing and plot, etc) with a fancy coating or is it completely revisited to be action-oriented?
this. It's more of a reimagination, than remake.

It's going to be more like RE7 but with a 3rd person perceptive. Although the knife bit seems to be an attempt to bring back survival items from the REmake but more viable.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
10 minutes of brand new gameplay. Includes 5 minutes of opening brand new shit!

Meh, it looks alright, I guess. The slow movement and turn speed adds to the survival-y aspect (though it looks a bit janky) and I like how zambambos can follow you through doors.

Also, fuck is up with that knife stance? :lol::lol:

edit:

I think that's the same demo just with 4 times the BRAND NEW GAMEPLAY!

editedit: nvm, I think this has been posted before.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Heh, it makes me wonder how Capcom was able to make RE 1 remake be a great game.

That game was developed with the team who developed the original game, directed both by Shinji Mikami, and directly after obtaining the experience from the RE sequels. Not surprising at all. Capcom in that era was great. When things like Devil may cry and Viewtiful joe were born.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom