Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 1 'demake' for SEGA Genesis/Megadrive

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think demakes are cool just to see what X game might have looked like if it had been made a decade earlier, but I don't have much desire to actually play them.

I'm more impressed with the effort/autism that goes into a project like this rather than the actual result.

That said, it does look kinda interesting to see RE in an isometric style.

Blake00

Learned
I think demakes are cool just to see what X game might have looked like if it had been made a decade earlier, but I don't have much desire to actually play them.

I'm more impressed with the effort/autism that goes into a project like this rather than the actual result.

That said, it does look kinda interesting to see RE in an isometric style.

Some games actually need a demake based on earlier games in their series (eg Command & Conquer 4 and Quest for Glory 5 come to mind lol) however yeah in most cases demakes are shock releases that no one asked for so they drop into a category of "that's really cool but I'll probably never play it when I can play the original" lol.

This one is probably an exception for me as I'm a big resident evil fan and I was also a Sega kid. To this day I still collect games for my Sega Mega drive and Master system including homebrew stuff (Eg Alex Kidd in Miracle World 2 and 3 fan sequels) so if they finish this and do a physical release (which they've talked about doing * ) with a sweet cover then I'm gonna be all over that sh*t lol!

* PSCD games (the Russian group behind this demake) have a released a number of other physical homebrew sega games over the years so they're certainly capable however those titles were simpler/smaller projects and weren't capcom ripoffs haha.

Oh and it looks like they've released a new gameplay video with some nostalgic VHS effects lol.

Same footage without all the messy VHS stuff. I like the retro talking head boxes like adventure games of old lol.

Blake00

Learned
Just noticed they made this funny retro commercial for it... "SEGA!"

Some more gifs too..

8bX7xZ.gif

RUjzyI.gif

Blake00

Learned
Yeah Chris is in there. They've posted a few screenshots with him in there, just no recent videos. There's some old videos of him but they look terrible lol.

Blake00

Learned
Been a while so I thought I'd check in and see how the Bio Evil Genesis/Megadrive guys are doing. They've been mostly focuses on their other commercial games (Alien Cat 2, Hunter Girls, Black Jewel Reborn etc) over the last few years but have been more active on the Bio Evil project again more recently. They also released a newer Demo 2 (but still old as they're paranoid about theft of the latest versions after an 'incident' a few years back lol) on their Itch page too.

New intro cutscene:

Testing tank controls and collision detection:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
The effort is commendable
But I think these skills would best be served making their own game - not remaking a game that has already fulfilled its potential
Specially given how this project loses the fixed camera which are integral to RE1

Blake00

Learned
The effort is commendable
But I think these skills would best be served making their own game - not remaking a game that has already fulfilled its potential
Specially given how this project loses the fixed camera which are integral to RE1
Well like I said in my post above that's what they've mostly been doing over the last few years.. making and selling their own original commercial games.. this is more of a passion side project they can't sell for obvious reasons (although they take donations which could prob get them in trouble too lol) and it's probably kind of marketing thing too as it gets a lot of eyes on their work allowing them to be like "heeey while you're here, check out our other (legal) games for sale" lol.

It's all a matter of perspective really, as it's a demake, not a remake.. so if you're a PS1 fan looking for a remake of a late 90s 3D game, you're in the wrong thread lol. If you're a fan of the old 80s/90s 8bit and 16bit console eras and the current day homebrew scene making retro games or demaking newer games back to those old consoles then you're in the right place..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom