Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Relic to drop GFWL from future 40k games

A horse of course

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Relic is pretty :incline:

You hear about one of their lead designers sacrificing himself for his pregnant wife? Drugged up kiddies in an SUV swerving into his lane, and the only thing he could do was turn so that his side of the car got the brunt of the impact.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Mangoose said:

You hear about one of their lead designers sacrificing himself for his pregnant wife? Drugged up kiddies in an SUV swerving into his lane, and the only thing he could do was turn so that his side of the car got the brunt of the impact.

I'm still dubious that that was intentional on his part. Accidents like that happen so suddenly and so quickly that you don't have time to think about anything: all you can do is react. Saying it was heroic implies that he understood what was happening, recognized his options, and decided to sacrifice himself to save his wife. Shit just happens way too fast to do that.

Tycn

Savant
Your perpetual butthurt over SMA is amusing, kingcomrade. Fallen for one trap too many?

Archibald

Arcane
Good ridance. Why it was used, or created for that matter, at all i can`t understand.

Quilty

Magister
Archibald said:
Good ridance. Why it was used, or created for that matter, at all i can`t understand.

Referring to SMA as "it" is p. rude.

CrimHead

Scholar
SMA. This was a an intervention thread disguised as a thread about DoW. It's time to stop. This is getting ridiculous.

dragonfk

Erudite
ScottishMartialArts said:
Mangoose said:

I'm still dubious that that was intentional on his part. Accidents like that happen so suddenly and so quickly that you don't have time to think about anything: all you can do is react. Saying it was heroic implies that he understood what was happening, recognized his options, and decided to sacrifice himself to save his wife. Shit just happens way too fast to do that.

Okey, so he reacted instinctively without thinking and his actions were to shield his wife. Why the fuck wouldn't you call that heroic I don't understand.

obediah

Erudite
I made an on-topic post though.

No. No. No! You're not even intentionally telling a lie are you? You just have no fucking clue.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
CrimHead said:
SMA. This was a an intervention thread disguised as a thread about DoW. It's time to stop. This is getting ridiculous.

Time for me to stop posting or what? Since it had already been brought up, I wanted to talk about the relic designer who was killed in the car crash. It's you assholes that insist on making the thread about me.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Ed123 said:
Naw', s/he's arguing that the dude instinctively swerved, and it just happened to expose one side of the car rather than the other.

That's my take, yeah. Heroism, in my view, isn't something that happens by accident. It requires intention, recognizing the danger but deciding to go for it anyway because it's the right thing to do. Now I'm sure this designer was a good guy, and had he had time to think about, I'm sure he would've sacrificed himself to save his wife. If this accident was like most such accidents, however, there wouldn't have been time to think, just a half second or so of "Oh SHIT!" Under those circumstances, I wouldn't call it a heroic sacrifice. Of course, I didn't see the accident and maybe he saw it coming from a long way off and had time to think, but that would be a pretty unusual accident. Meh, just my take on the matter.

Dele

Liturgist
:decline:
that mean's you'll have to buy their average games to play them online whereas before you could play any gfwl title online with a single cdkey from any other gfwl title.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Ed123 said:
Naw', s/he's arguing that the dude instinctively swerved, and it just happened to expose one side of the car rather than the other.

That's my take, yeah. Heroism, in my view, isn't something that happens by accident. It requires intention, recognizing the danger but deciding to go for it anyway because it's the right thing to do. Now I'm sure this designer was a good guy, and had he had time to think about, I'm sure he would've sacrificed himself to save his wife. If this accident was like most such accidents, however, there wouldn't have been time to think, just a half second or so of "Oh SHIT!" Under those circumstances, I wouldn't call it a heroic sacrifice. Of course, I didn't see the accident and maybe he saw it coming from a long way off and had time to think, but that would be a pretty unusual accident. Meh, just my take on the matter.
=/
Space Marines don't think. They are heroes by nature and by instinct.

Thank the fucking Gods. GFWL did nothing but slow down things that would've ran perfectly fine otherwise.

Destroid

Arcane
So what are they using for a matchmaker now? Glad to see GFWL and truskill go because those were shit.

DefJam101

Arcane
kingcomrade said:
SMA, expert on car crashes now as well
No, that's just common sense that someone can't run through moral options in their head at less than a second's notice.

edit: hey look a bandwagon butthurt cascade, this seems logical because it's insulting a tranny

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom